Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAN ZONE - Get it sorted

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why does RR have to put on an especially camp voice for announcing 'number 9 - Ashley Barnes!' like he's introducing a cheesy cabaret act?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I AM going NAKED at the BLACKPOOL game for FAN zone

I take it your Mum is not going then otherwise she might be a tad embarrassed.

C

CT1

I know a lot of people that knew Connor Saunders and I think they'd find your comments about half time revolting. They were creating awareness for the cause in his name, what better place to do it than at a football stadium full of 28000 + thousand fans? Especially as he was a fond football man himself.

I have huge concerns about the atmosphere at the AMEX. However some things are more important than atmosphere, and saving lives is one of those. Even if only one person decided to give their organs away because the half time display, don't you think that would still be worth a second half of awful atmosphere. You can hardly blame the second half atmosphere on that anyway because firstly, it's not depressing, but amazing that the death of one person can still result in saving the lives of six. Secondly, many people would have been going to the toilet and buying pies etc at half time!

How you can find atmosphere more important than creating awareness for a life saving cause is quite frankly disgusting.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
When TV is broadcasting from the ground they have control of all but one camera. There are several commitments that the broadcasters need- 2-5 mins of a wide angle, pre match pieces to camera etc.

Thus fanzone can't happen.munless you want to see aside angle of the north stand.

The lack of atmosphere yesterday wasmduemto nerves and a lethargic performance. Fanzone, and ht chat have nothing to with it.

I take offence what was wrong with my performance?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Maybe they could just simulate Fanzone by showing a compilation of Fanzone clips from previous games. Hardly anyone would notice.

You're on to something here....

I wish Hey Jude was better :( I mean, I remembered at the start of the first season in the Amex, it use to be loud as loads of fans were out in their seats when it came on. Now it's just done by the tannoy. Have they changed the time fanzone is done? By bringing it forward so it's earlier?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bring back Gully's Girls(!)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know a lot of people that knew Connor Saunders and I think they'd find your comments about half time revolting. They were creating awareness for the cause in his name, what better place to do it than at a football stadium full of 28000 + thousand fans? Especially as he was a fond football man himself.

I have huge concerns about the atmosphere at the AMEX. However some things are more important than atmosphere, and saving lives is one of those. Even if only one person decided to give their organs away because the half time display, don't you think that would still be worth a second half of awful atmosphere. You can hardly blame the second half atmosphere on that anyway because firstly, it's not depressing, but amazing that the death of one person can still result in saving the lives of six. Secondly, many people would have been going to the toilet and buying pies etc at half time!

How you can find atmosphere more important than creating awareness for a life saving cause is quite frankly disgusting.

Exactly. Half time is a perfect time to highlight issues like that and the lad's family should be commended for doing so.

Much better use of half time than some crap atmosphere ramp up.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's more like fans prefering to take an extra pie/drink and take their seats just before KO although there's still many of us who like to sit and marvel at the place for 15 mins before ko.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I would like to see them get rid of it all together. Let the crowd make its own atmosphere without having annoying songs. And they should play the video of past goals earlier. The crowd goes quiet during that video.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here