Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fan on the board

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Housing associations have tenants on their Boards and have really benefited from having a customer (not much choice there either!) perspective. Since introduced in the 1990s - its standard practice now. There have been massive business benefits. How do they get over the one voice not being representative? They don't - the tenant board member is there to give a "customer" perspective and is expected to contribute their experiences as a tenant. The FA have discussed how to get get more women and BME on the boards and this could be another avenue - breaking up the traditional white male business owner perspective.

I'm all for it!

This is different because it is not an elected representative more case of volunteers who feel they can offer something. In the case of a football club there would be so many volunteers that it wouldn't be practical. We are constantly being asked if we would like to volunteer.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
At the last housing association I worked at, we had 80 volunteers for board member so we invited them to interview and then once we selected a pool of 12 they went out for election. They serve for 3 years - not sure why this is not workable at the club!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
janee has said it far better than I could.
But her arguments are irrelevant, it isn't a Housing Association, it's a football club, it hasn't got the same structure. (And what's more it's Brighton we're talking about, not Blackburn where the idea might have some merit). What works for one area of society doesn't necessarily work for all others and she still hasn't said what the rep would actually DO that we can't do with the existing channels of supporter/club dialogue. And if someone like Attila doesn't think there should be an official supporters' rep ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here