Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Fan" in WSU block B

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
In N1G, row X someone decided to start shouting that Calderon is c**t and another person with him was shouting "is shit" in the Indigo Calderon chant. Why Anyone would want to say that about any of our players I don't know, but especially our most loved player. It was a weedy looking kid calling him a see you next Tuesday. I bet he wouldn't say it to his face.

Good job the little weed wasn't anywhere near me:mad:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
What I find strange about Barnes at the moment is that he had three of his best games for a long time in a row versus Reading, QPR and Bolton. Then he has followed that up with three of his worst ever displays for the Albion in the last week. All you need to know about how bad he was at Ipswich and against Forest is to consider that he is our only fit striker yet was taken off in both games despite us needing goals. How is it possible to go from one extreme to the other so quickly?

This was the biggest disappointment for me on Saturday.

Since the silliness of the ref-trip I really thought he had started to improve. I was not feeling too much trepidation about him being our only striker, certainly not as much as I would have done a while back.

Then he produces a performance that really did mystify me for a player trying to prove that we don't need to get a loan in.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I can understand verbal abuse of a player who clearly isn't putting effort in, or jumping out of tackles etc (Dobbie, Harley) but to abuse a player who is giving it 100% but just isn't quite up to it is BAFFLING. What's the logic? Genuinely, what's the thinking?

Nail on head for me. AB ALWAYS puts in a shift, I get sick and tired of these so called fans slagging the players off, granted everyone is entitled their own opinion, but do they have to share it with everybody around them?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Why abuse a player that was bought for less than 100k? He has been a good bit of business I think, look at the other players who we have broken the bank for and not performed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This was the biggest disappointment for me on Saturday.

Since the silliness of the ref-trip I really thought he had started to improve. I was not feeling too much trepidation about him being our only striker, certainly not as much as I would have done a while back.

Then he produces a performance that really did mystify me for a player trying to prove that we don't need to get a loan in.

He cannot hold the ball up, backs into his opponents , hunches his shoulders and throws his arms up at the referee to try and convince him that he is constantly being fouled. It infuriates me. I,ve never booed him, nor will I ever even if he misses a hat full of chances but I dont stand up and applaud him off either.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
If this 'so called fan' reads this can I urge him to stop attending games as there is absolutely no chance of this kind of support helping the individual player or the team as a whole - an empty seat would be much more use to the team and to the fans forced to share space with this Barnes baiter. Over the years numerous players have been singled out for this kind of treatment from a tiny but all too vocal element, it has never made them play better or made them feel more committed to the team any more than any of us non footballers would benefit from such abuse from our customers, work mates, family members, friends, bosses or whoever...This kind of fan is the very opposite of the 'twelfth man' and a drain on the spirit of players and supporters alike.
Well said,there are Barnes haters and those of us who can see he gives it all,even if it doesn't always come off...and the abusers must take note that if they were half as good as Barnes they'd be a football player themselves..it's like a kid who can draw cartoons saying Turner was a crap artist...get over it and support the team!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I can understand verbal abuse of a player who clearly isn't putting effort in, or jumping out of tackles etc (Dobbie, Harley) but to abuse a player who is giving it 100% but just isn't quite up to it is BAFFLING. What's the logic? Genuinely, what's the thinking?

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here