"Fan" in WSU block B

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Things are a little tense, I can see. Look I love the Albion and as such I fully support the players we have. My point was simply that you can't really be comparing calling some random stranger a four eyed something or other to abusing a man who is paid by the supporters to score goals for the club. I'm not defending the abuse, but we seem (as a collective) to be very touchy at the moment. Times are tough, yeah, but it aint quite Purple MKIV just yet.

Kosh

Way to not address my points. :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is definite distinction between fan and supporter. I support Brighton by buying my season ticket and stuff from the shop. I am a fan of Spurs as look for their results and enjoy the way they play but they would never get a penny from me in support of them. As a supporter I feel that I am entitled to have a view but do not agree with the abuse Barnes gets at The Amex. On here is a totally different kettle of fish he doesnt have to read NSC if he doesn't want to and can either ignore it or answer back if he wishes but from the sidelines it is somewhat different, he has no choice other than to hear it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I take your point however, that Barnes is a quality league 1 striker, and perhaps a little lost without the Poyet arm round the shoulder?!?! Time will tell I guess... and the same goes for three or four other Poyet "stars."

Kosh

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
it's clear that Ashley gets a disproportionate share of stick. Even on his very good games there are numerous clueless buffoons who choose to deride his every action (including, incredibly, some of his goals).

The fact that anyone should have singled him out on Saturday is ridiculous, but hardly surprising.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
If this 'so called fan' reads this can I urge him to stop attending games as there is absolutely no chance of this kind of support helping the individual player or the team as a whole - an empty seat would be much more use to the team and to the fans forced to share space with this Barnes baiter. Over the years numerous players have been singled out for this kind of treatment from a tiny but all too vocal element, it has never made them play better or made them feel more committed to the team any more than any of us non footballers would benefit from such abuse from our customers, work mates, family members, friends, bosses or whoever...This kind of fan is the very opposite of the 'twelfth man' and a drain on the spirit of players and supporters alike.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont know why Barnes is getting so much stick, Did he not clear the ball from Forests Corner, then make his way up to the other end of the pitch and then nock the ball down for Crofts to score.

Seriously what more do you want him to do, two assists in the last two games, might no be ulloa who may have put them in but hes creating goals for others and for me that is enough for now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
it's clear that Ashley gets a disproportionate share of stick. Even on his very good games there are numerous clueless buffoons who choose to deride his every action (including, incredibly, some of his goals).

The fact that anyone should have singled him out on Saturday is ridiculous, but hardly surprising.

Heard abuse for Barnes even after he was off the pitch, when Crofts (I think it was) made a mistake. Brilliant.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
He was very poor on saturday and I am generally not an Ash basher, he has a place in our squad for sure.

Refs are catching onto him now tho, everytime on saturday he is heading for the floor before the ball is near him, not even an attempt to hold it up, just wanted a free kick.

Drives me insane which is one reason why I think he will not be in the squad for much longer (once CMS, Ulloa are fit). He really does frustrate me and I am sure many thousand others that watch. I cant believe for one moment in training he goes down as much and so easily, 90% of the time he goes down at the slightest touch or no touch at all and then looks at the ref for a good 10 seconds after. He is a big lad and NEEDS to do better for himself and the team. I thought he was very poor on Saturday, yer, he made a couple of good clearances in defence, but that's basics. He has gone backwards in my opinion and not forwards which is a shame as we really needed him to step up to the mark.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
What I find strange about Barnes at the moment is that he had three of his best games for a long time in a row versus Reading, QPR and Bolton. Then he has followed that up with three of his worst ever displays for the Albion in the last week. All you need to know about how bad he was at Ipswich and against Forest is to consider that he is our only fit striker yet was taken off in both games despite us needing goals. How is it possible to go from one extreme to the other so quickly?

Loss of confidence (reason unknown)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Seriously what more do you want him to do, two assists in the last two games, might no be ulloa who may have put them in but hes creating goals for others and for me that is enough for now.

The anti-Barnes line is that Saturday's wasn't an assist; it was a fluffed shot.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A so called "fan" in WSU block B at the Forest game.

When Barnes was subbed did the following:
- stood up
- giving the w@nker sign :tosser:
- shouted at the top of his voice telling him to f*ck off

When fans around him protested they were also told f*ck off.

Not the best form of encouragement for our only fit senior striker... :facepalm:

The guy is a nut-case and gives all the signs of being a very unpleasant and deeply disturbed person. He also frequently yells abuse at the away fans and gets so furious the veins on his neck stand out. Certainly wouldn't like him as a neighbour, either in WSU or at home.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The anti-Barnes line is that Saturday's wasn't an assist; it was a fluffed shot.

I thought it was a cross-cum-shot but the point is it created the goal and if Kaz had done it everyone would be w**king themselves silly over it.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
The guy is a nut-case and gives all the signs of being a very unpleasant and deeply disturbed person. He also frequently yells abuse at the away fans and gets so furious the veins on his neck stand out. Certainly wouldn't like him as a neighbour, either in WSU or at home.

I think I know who your talking about but hes not the one in this situation... this aid person sits halfway back and normally seems alright imo... not that his actions are defendable

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
In N1G, row X someone decided to start shouting that Calderon is c**t and another person with him was shouting "is shit" in the Indigo Calderon chant. Why Anyone would want to say that about any of our players I don't know, but especially our most loved player. It was a weedy looking kid calling him a see you next Tuesday. I bet he wouldn't say it to his face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports