Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Panel Meeting about Amex Atmosphere, Thursday

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Problem with the North Stand is that it's the cheapest therefore you get lots of Mums with small kids in there, which through no fault of their own kills the atmosphere as you hold back a bit on the swearing etc.
We moved seats in the North Stand a few years back as we were surrounded by Mums and young kids and got fed up with the dirty looks we were getting.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Double the prices that’ll sort that problem out

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I'm not sure it's obviousness that would stop that, but what do you do with all the people who occupy those seats already, many of whom will have been there since the very first Amex match?

From what I understand, a forcible ejection is the approach that Palace took to facilitate relocating the black-clad crew from their corner to a central behind-the-goal location and it created huge amounts of animosity, completely understandably.

A "you can retain your seat if you promise to sing lots" ultimatum clearly won't work. Who sets the bar as to how much singing is enough? What happens to those who say they'll sing lots but fall below the required level of involvement come match day?

In short, I really don't think it's as simple as you make out. Not without pissing a lot of people off anyway.

Sometimes change has to be embraced to avoid stagnation, and the NS has stagnated. If managed appropriately and people treated reasonably then they should respond reasonably. Give notice of the section that will become safe-standing and offer to re-locate those who prefer not to stand to equivalent seats in the N or S stands, or if they prefer the ES with the promise to price match a NS season ticket for 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is totally contradictory. The older fans will have seen us through Gillingham and Withdean. They support Brighton far more than some 17 year old who’s only there to stick gak up his nose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utter gash, and the number of thumbs up it receives really shines a light on the problem. The fan base is either very old - and whether you like it to be the case or not you’ll never generate an atmosphere with pensioners - stoic support over the long time doesn’t make you louder at matches. The rest of the fan base is new, middle class and transient (there to be entertained, not to back the lads)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably doesn’t help that out over 40s running around talking about the massive cocaine problem our fan base has and then complain when we have airport style searches, full body pat downs and sniffer dogs to get into the ground

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Utter gash, and the number of thumbs up it receives really shines a light on the problem. The fan base is either very old - and whether you like it to be the case or not you’ll never generate an atmosphere with pensioners - stoic support over the long time doesn’t make you louder at matches. The rest of the fan base is new, middle class and transient (there to be entertained, not to back the lads)

When was the last time you went to an away game?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Just out of curiosity how many home games did you attend last season?

Ps i’m not a pensioner…new…middle class (working to middle maybe) and transient…what category should I be placed in?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The Problem with the North Stand is that it's the cheapest therefore you get lots of Mums with small kids in there, which through no fault of their own kills the atmosphere as you hold back a bit on the swearing etc.
We moved seats in the North Stand a few years back as we were surrounded by Mums and young kids and got fed up with the dirty looks we were getting.

I wasn't aware of that. Kids with parents should be discouraged from the North Stand imo. (And I say this as a STH with two STH kids)

North Stand should be designated ruffians zone. After all, there's a dedicated section for families, upper tiers for the gentrified, and SW for the wierdos...

Not really. If you look at your post you maybe need to expand on the ' etc ' otherwise you seem to be suggesting that copious bad language is the key to generating to a good atmosphere?

But it's not though is it. If you actually engage and think about what he's saying, it's pretty damn obvious that shouting at football, can include swearing, if you are constantly having to think about that when there, then it just depletes the experience. He's not saying that swearing is the way to make an atmosphere, he's just provided an example of what is going on in the NS.

You and that weird Swedish guy are just being pedantic to make someone look bad.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Really? The North stand is far from full of mums with kids.

Stop blaming other groups of fans because the 'lads' in the North are crap.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just out of curiosity how many home games did you attend last season?

Ps i’m not a pensioner…new…middle class (working to middle maybe) and transient…what category should I be placed in?

Well which one do you identify with?
caste.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What are you, eight?

Don't be a div. He's not suggesting that everyone in the NS should be up off their seats eff-ing and c-ing their way through every game. However (and this is something you'll never have experienced), the main "kop" behind the goal was and is where adults congregate to chant, shout and - yes - indulge in some spicy language at times.

At the age of about 15, I migrated from the East Stand to the North Stand at the Goldstone to join in with the swaying crowd and the fabulous abuse rained down on visiting teams and fans. Had I been 15 years older at that point (and we were still at our grand, shabby old ground), would I have taken my little lad into the North Stand for his BHA baptism ? Absolutely not.

If mums and dads want to take their crotch-goblins into the North Stand at the Amex, then they should be aware that it will be hosting the more boisterous supporters. So there's a good chance Tarquin and Lillibet might hear some rude words and 'unsavoury' chanting from very close quarters. But there's a very simple solution to that.

Its called the family stand.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't be a div. He's not suggesting that everyone in the NS should be up off their seats eff-ing and c-ing their way through every game. However (and this is something you'll never have experienced), the main "kop" behind the goal was and is where adults congregate to chant, shout and - yes - indulge in some spicy language at times.

At the age of about 15, I migrated from the East Stand to the North Stand at the Goldstone to join in with the swaying crowd and the fabulous abuse rained down on visiting teams and fans. Had I been 15 years older at that point (and we were still at our grand, shabby old ground), would I have taken my little lad into the North Stand for his BHA baptism ? Absolutely not.

If mums and dads want to take their crotch-goblins into the North Stand at the Amex, then they should be aware that it will be hosting the more boisterous supporters. So there's a good chance Tarquin and Lillibet might hear some rude words and 'unsavoury' chanting from very close quarters. But there's a very simple solution to that.

Its called the family stand.

Do you not think that those buying tickets for themselves and kids are already aware of this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here