Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan advisory board

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It will be important that whoever goes forward gives fans opinions not just own. Certainly good if it is somebody that is active on NSC as they can gauge feelings on most issues.
I would have proposed Bozo until he agreed with Bloom that sharing scheme was good

So essentially, what you're saying is that ideally it needs to be someone that agrees with you.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dare say the Fan Advisory Board will be able to wrestle the odd concession out of the club. Maybe a differently-shaped chip fork or something

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So essentially, what you're saying is that ideally it needs to be someone that agrees with you.

thought I was been flippant and would be taken light heartedly but now you mention not a bad idea to vote for somebody that agrees with you

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dare say the Fan Advisory Board will be able to wrestle the odd concession out of the club. Maybe a differently-shaped chip fork or something

I was thinking more along the lines of a communal lid share scheme. lids.jpg

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see deadline for applications for this is extended. A bit surprised as very few people needed and would think a lot would like to sit round a table with some of the hierarchy

I voted on here for Boza

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must admit the diversity criteria stopped me even considering applying. I imagine the competition amongst straight, white over 50's with no disabilities would be considerable and indeed the easiest position to fill with people better qualified than I, if they even want somebody in that category. And before anyone jumps in and sees an agenda in that, rest assured there isn't and it should be taken at face value.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Everything related to the FAB has gone quiet

Is it still in place?

Are there any members on here?

How often are they meeting and are there minutes taken?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everything related to the FAB has gone quiet

Is it still in place?

Are there any members on here?

How often are they meeting and are there minutes taken?
Good question. It’s gone very quiet. Be interesting to know what both sides feel they are getting from it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Died on its arse hasn't it ? I've not heard hide nor hair of it for months, so I dunno what purpose its serving. You'd think that if there was some kind of regular meeting with the Board scheduled every few months or so we'd get a heads up, with an opportunity to raise any questions / suggestions / concerns etc. Especially with some of the travel trevails of late. But no.

File it under "waste of time" and kick it into the long grass.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As per above

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
To be honest, I wouldn't want other fans purporting to represent my views any more than they would want me representing them.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I heard a member of the FAB was fired for sharing something that was discussed in the board on social media. Probably to make an example of him or her, and the likely consequences. Since then, nothing that happens inside FAB has been discussed. Such is the likely fear of those on it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I heard a member of the FAB was fired for sharing something that was discussed in the board on social media. Probably to make an example of him or her, and the likely consequences. Since then, nothing that happens inside FAB has been discussed. Such is the likely fear of those on it.
Whats the effin point in that case?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It could be argued that this kind of thing isn't needed at the moment. My thoughts would be to get it in place and working smoothly so we can use it if/when we need to.

At this stage I am not sure what we would be asking for, bottle tops and a striker I suppose.

. . . and perhaps a fix for the away ticket problem.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think its aims were ever to share the details of meetings with the world.
Details, perhaps not, but some sort of communication surely would be nice if there's supposed to be some sort of increased fan democracy? How are you guys going to make yourself heard if you can not suggest things or you don't even get to hear what sort of subjects they talk about?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Details, perhaps not, but some sort of communication surely would be nice if there's supposed to be some sort of increased fan democracy? How are you guys going to make yourself heard if you can not suggest things or you don't even get to hear what sort of subjects they talk about?
Well, I believe there is a mechanism to add items to the agenda of the meetings.

Then to find out what they talked about we can read the minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here