Falmer - we're in Big Trouble URGENT

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
Is this the Inspector at the Enquiry who has made his opinion, ie that Falmer is unsuitable ? Who is the "Local Plan Inspector" - is that the guy who sat through the entire enquiry and produced his report for Prescott ? If it is, and he's on the side of the NIMBY'S, then I fear....we are f***ed.

It can't be him, it just can't be.

For one, his recommendations would surely remain with JP, and not reach Dick Knight at the club, and two (I can't remember the exact words) but Knight said something about this guy "ignoring the Enquiry"

Actually I may go back and read that again, I may be talking out of my arse.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Whats that phone number again for his secretary:lolol: :lolol:
This application has taken ages with all avenues covered full stop and its just a last ditch attempt from the nimby's twats thats all and im sure its nout to worry about.:lol:

Gritt23 said:
Where's Lord B when you need him most, WHO IS THIS INSPECTOR FELLA, and does he have any real power?
To answer your question ... on the phone to Paul Samrah is where I've been. And missing seven goals in the FA Cup game on BBC1.

This is what I posted on the other thread:-

This is NOT Prescott's decision on the Stadium Planning Application.

It is the Report of the Inspector appointed to conduct the Public Inquiry into the City Council's Local Plan.

Essentially, the Inspector has rejected the City Council's proposed policy to allocate land at Falmer for a community stadium.

The Local Plan sets the framework for City Council planning decisions. But it does not automatically bind the Deputy Prime Minister in any decision he makes.

The Local Plan decision does, however, bring a new element into the planning process.

What supporters need to do is write to Prescott without delay - making some or all of the points set out in Dick Knight's statement.

Does the Inspector Fella have any real power?

Yes. His report effectively sets the framework against which the City Council's planning policies will have to be assessed over the coming years. The City Council is not happy with the report either. What they now need to do is come forward with amendments to their policies that address the issues identified in the Inspector's Report.

So this is a very serious matter.

But, as I say above, the Report does not bind Prescott. Although his Civil Servants will almost certainly have to take it into consideration as they prepare their advice to him.

That's why we need to tell him how it is flawed.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gritt23 said:
It can't be him, it just can't be.

For one, his recommendations would surely remain with JP, and not reach Dick Knight at the club, and two (I can't remember the exact words) but Knight said something about this guy "ignoring the Enquiry"

Actually I may go back and read that again, I may be talking out of my arse.

Okay, it was actually "ignoring the local issues" but considering the enquiry was pretty much dealing exclusively with the local issues, then it still sounds like this statement has been made taking very little of the Enquiry into account.

I am praying this is just some jumped up little numpty who cannot and will not wield any power.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The report produced by the Local Plan Inspector"

Who is the "Local Plan Inspector" ?
This is the CRUCIAL question. If this is the fella who was the judicator over the Enquiry (the slight fella with the 'tash), then this whole plan is dead in the water. If, after 9 months of to-ing and fro-ing, his recommendation is that we look elsewhere, then we are, basically, screwed.

If the "Local Planning Inspector" is some pencil-pushing lacky from some back office in Lewes C C, then his opinion does not matter a jot.

However, the fact that this shit is up on the official site suggests to me that this is something we have to be very, very worried about. Letters from so-many-thousands of fans at THIS stage will make absolutely f***-all difference. We might as well be writing to Santa Clause. If the application is not getting the backing from the people that matter, then we're f***ed. And no number of letters will change that.

Sorry to be negative, but I am shitting bricks now.

There were two Public Inquiries that ran concurrently.

The Local Plan Inspector was Mr Hoile. Throughout the Falmer Inquiry, he was sitting next to Mr Collyer, who was the Inspector who conducted the Falmer Stadium Planning Application Inquiry.

They both heard all the evidence.

Mr Hoile's job was to report to the City Council about their planning policies. Mr Collyer's job was to report to Mr Prescott about the Albion's planning application..

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Okay Lord B, that makes it VERY clear, and the answer is also clear.

Come on guys, we've all done it before, we must GET WRITING !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Sorry to be negative, but I am shitting bricks now.

agreement about the bricks thing, this has really just hit me hard....its almost like getting a straight NO already :nono: screw the idea of sleeping tonight.....this sucks big time. Think I might get the phonebook out and print out letters for everyone!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I sense many thought it may never be straight forward and so it seems,so the massive yes to falmer in which looked 50/1 on is know in big big trouble right at the death and of course the death of the albion once and for all.:angry: :angry:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does Mr Collyer makes his own seperate recommendations, or effectively has the Public Enquiry officially advised Mr Prescott to reject the plans?

Oh shit, I just don't BELIEVE this.

Albion Rob

Soo, we were led to believe that Falmer was considered a suitable site and that the city council would back us and now it seems the goalposts have been not so much moved as torn down and treansported to Mars.

This seem to be very bad news indeed, The Local Plan Inspector will surely have assessed what he thinks is going on and then reported to the council what they have got wrong (in his eyes) and make reccomendations for change.

If things stay political then I reckon that would leave us ok, but if Prescott reads this and sees that it will completely go against the city plan then we could ve very much f***ed.

HOW f***ing HARD CAN IT BE TO FIND A BIT OF LAND FOR A f***ing FOOTBALL STADIUM? HOW COME EVERY f***ing DECENT CITY IN THE WORLD CAN HAVE ONE (SOMETIMES TWO OR THREE) BUT WE CAN'T? FOR f***'S SAKE, THIS IS SUSSEX, NOT NEW YORK. WE HAVE LOADS OF f***ing PLACES.

If it's a no to Falmer we may as well all pack up and go home. Who is going to have the heart for it all over again? This local plan bod is basically a bigger threat to out club the Bellotti and Archer could have dreamt of being because we have no recourse against the bastard.

I don't know what to think. For f***'s sake what kind of f***ing spazzy county do we live in where we can't even go and watch the football?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We're a clever bunch of supporters, innovative beyond belief.

Apart from a mass letter campaign (remember the anti Falmer brigade will be doing the same) we need a massive display of support outside Downing Street, Parliament or wherever we can get most attention.

I am so frigging angry right now I want to find this little pencil pushing twat and rip his heart out.:angry:

There are a group of fathers wanting access to their kids who have got massive coverage by dressing up as super heroes-think they caused huge traffic disruption in Bristol this week as well as London).

I'm ready for a club sanctioned protest of a similar nature-Prescott needs to see just how strong our feelings are and how many of us he'll have to contend with if he listens to this little wanker.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Spot on rob to think that brighton has one bit of land available within the radius is total crap and un-real,but seems is the bloody case.
Well looks like this may be the last ever season for bha fc and to think of the potential we have is a disgrace and sickening thought full stop.

If they reject it they rearly have made a mockery of english football in a huge county and the new city.:angry: :angry:

You can forget about keep playing at withdean as it just won't work,so rejection means shut the club down with immediate affect.:censored:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Bwian said:
We're a clever bunch of supporters, innovative beyond belief.

Apart from a mass letter campaign (remember the anti Falmer brigade will be doing the same) we need a massive display of support outside Downing Street, Parliament or wherever we can get most attention.

I am so frigging angry right now I want to find this little pencil pushing twat and rip his heart out.:angry:

There are a group of fathers wanting access to their kids who have got massive coverage by dressing up as super heroes-think they caused huge traffic disruption in Bristol this week as well as London).

I'm ready for a club sanctioned protest of a similar nature-Prescott needs to see just how strong our feelings are and how many of us he'll have to contend with if he listens to this little wanker.
He knows how huge the support has been,but i feel its about other things such as this land and its like the newbury by pass in many ways and we just don't have that sort of power to stop the goverments decisions etc.:( Lots of letters do not help in certain no win situations although at least it makes the indervidual feel better for doing there bit.:angry:

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
i am completly gutted by this news, but having considered all the posts on here it seems there may be some hope.

- firstly we have the support of the council, and it is after all their local plan being criticised, they need to express as clearly as possible that this inspector is clueless.

- It is a labour council with a lot to lose.

-Were the enquiry inspectors report to back us surely this would hold sway over the local inspectors report, which only considered the stadium as one issue in a broader context.

- Ultimatly it would appear that the public enquiry report holds the key.

i expect that the decision of the public enquiry will be dramatically speeded up now and could even be out this week.

No shit im still gutted, i dont like this one bit :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
eiregull said:

-Were the enquiry inspectors report to back us surely this would hold sway over the local inspectors report, which only considered the stadium as one issue in a broader context.

- Ultimatly it would appear that the public enquiry report holds the key.

i expect that the decision of the public enquiry will be dramatically speeded up now and could even be out this week.

Hang on, this IS the Public Enquiry quite clearly NOT backing us, isn't it?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Practically. Forget the niceties get writing with real passion (but politely)

Surely the club should hold an emergency meeting tomorrow night for all supporters?

Time for radical stuff to draw attention to our plight. Ring the press, ring the FA etc etc. Brighton and Hove Albion's very existence is on the line tonight. The players could strike this w/e's match even - that would draw attention to us like York City invasion did in 96.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Makes you wonder if the goverment gives a shit about developments in this country.

one bit of land is just to much to ask for these days:angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports