Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - we're in Big Trouble URGENT

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
:nono: :eek: :nono: :shootself :censored:

up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-the life of a Seagulls fan and I dont mean Scarborough!

Surely Prescott can see in his report the ned for the stadium and not take into consideration this new tabgle? surely? please?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
MMMMMM interesting,but im sure its not as bad as it looks as you always get a last minute pile of crap to try and change things.:drink:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
What the hell is going on?????

I don't understand why the Local Plan Inspector has issued this report without taking into account anything to do with the Public Enquiry.

Who is this Inspector anyway?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Its called a back hander to play with prescotts mind right on the decision time,but the fact is they have had there time to do such a thing and obviously feel this last minute bull shit will unsettle prescott.:shootself

Sep 18, 2003
Here we go again..............let battle be joined.

Asda was first......small minded council officials next.

Bring them on.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Prescott is smart enough to throw that crap out of his mind im sure as why give such crap right at the death dear o dear.:nono:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I just don't understand this at all.
Who the hell is the Local Plan Inspector?
Why didn't he speak up at the Public Enquiry?
I thought Brighton and Hove Council were backing the Stadium, so where does this fella fit in?

Surely this isn't as bad as it looks, as it just doesn't make sense.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
chips and gravy said:
What the hell is going on?????

I don't understand why the Local Plan Inspector has issued this report without taking into account anything to do with the Public Enquiry.

Who is this Inspector anyway?

I thought it had been made clear in the inquiry that Falmer was the only option?

Why is there suddenly a new plan when planning permission had been given by Brighton council voted 11-1 in favour?

How can one person suddenly throw a spanner in the works?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The timing is appalling - Prescott will never read the application in detail, it'll be 15-30 mins that will decide Albions entire future in the corridors of power based on what a team of advisors say. The local inspector is one of these. Frustration has now boiled over to outright anger and how 1 pen-pushing public servant can simply casually dismiss years and millions of pounds of effort. This definately has rocked the boat, thousands of letters now will help steady her. And something a bit more vocal eh this guys up there with Archer now, we marched then, we march now?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Where's Lord B when you need him most, WHO IS THIS INSPECTOR FELLA, and does he have any real power?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is this the Inspector at the Enquiry who has made his opinion, ie that Falmer is unsuitable ? Who is the "Local Plan Inspector" - is that the guy who sat through the entire enquiry and produced his report for Prescott ? If it is, and he's on the side of the NIMBY'S, then I fear....we are f***ed.

Sep 18, 2003
2 Jags office needs bombarding with Letters. Get writing now.

Any standard letters need posting ASAP so others can use them.

Change a few parts when sending them. Take copies to work tomorrow for your mates.

Get those letters going.

It matters and it counts.

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
this almost certainly spells the end for falmer (possibly bha), no govt minister is going to go against his own inspectors advice. It would seem that the fact this has information has been leaked would suggest that it is merely a prelude to a no from the planning enquiry, and an attempt to soften the blow. What strikes me is that the council have led us up the garden path and cost this club an awful lot of money in the process.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Whoever he is, what on Earth is he doing 'recommending another site' that just doesn't make sense. Surely if he's anything to do with process of accepting this plan or rejecting it you don't turn round and say "Nah, you wanna be building it over there."

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ignore this bit

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I have a feeling the main way to get the message across to Prescott is not just letters but a demo by thousands of Albion and other football fans directly on 10 Downining Street or the commons or where ever.

Anyone fancy a trip to central london soon?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Lord B will undoubtedly be replying shortly and in far greater detail but the Local Plan Inspector Fella sat alongside MrCollyer - the Falmer Inspector - as the Local Plan Inquiry ran concurrently with the Falmer Inquiry. And thus the same information was presented to both chaps at the same time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Look, my letters nearly finished and it's 23.00. Have we all stayed up to do likewise? Keep looking at this thread for developments but do what Dick's asked NOW.

diarrhoea waits for no man.......

Pauls, Harty, Atilla etc - your club needs you again. Organise us all! Surely writing more letters isn't the only thing we can do? 5 blokes dressed as judges made the news for splashing paint on the gates of number 10 today. Not suggesting something as militant but a presence of some sort this w/e perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here