Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Project Team

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hasn't been the greatest thing ever set up, IMHO. Questions aren't answered for ages, and when/if they ever are, the answers are inadequate, often one-word type things which demonstrate no thought and more often than not don't deal with the issue properly.

To be honest, the office is I'm sure very busy and hasn't got time to do it properly, that's fair enough. I'd rather they were getting on with the stadium anyway, but you may as well get rid of this forum.

Indirectly, it also shows how much time and effort Insider spends dealing with his (much bigger) 'postbag'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fact its there at all is quite amazing, I doubt any other football clubs have a direct line of communication with the constructors of their new stadiums.

Perhaps we're just at a stage now where a lot of the questions are repeats.

[edit]
Mind you, almost a months worth of unanswered questions isn't ideal. If they're knocking it on the head then something should at least be said.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Although the pictures from our in house NSC guys are great, it's disappointing a dedicated Falmer Stadium construction website was not set up. A lot of these questions could have been answered with facts and figures posted up.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Maybe we could keep the forum with questions, but then Martin Perry, or who ever answers them in his/a podcast.

Thus we still get to answer questions and he/they can awswer them ever month or so.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The last several months have seen the questions replied to as a job lot every 4 weeks or so.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
Maybe the person who answers the queries has been on holiday for the last couple of weeks and will answer the queries when they have been through their emails and the four or five meetings they have today.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
At Falmer, building the stadium.

Why can't people be happy with what we've got. The situation now seems to be 'best effort' rather than a regular answering service. That's still better than nothing, as long as people can be patient and stop getting the hump when it takes a while to answer the questions.

This. Hardly any of the questions are worth asking. I mean, just as an example rather than picking on someone, it has been asked when the undersoil heating will be installed. Now we know that the pitch is going to be dug down a couple of feet over the next few months and it has been said many times that they will be sewing the grass seed in Feb/March. Surely it is therefore quite obvious that the undersoil heating will be installed some time between November and January? You can even watch it on the web cam... and what does it matter anyway?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's also the case that some of the questions aren't really anything to do with the actual construction but are queries about season tickets etc which more properly belong in 'Ask the club' rather than 'Ask the project team'. (As a complete aside that's one of the problems of having multiple forums and why the all-inclusive 'Big Board' approach is better)

Still think it was a good idea, but at the moment it's being let down by both sides: tardy responses to a set of question of which a high percantage are irrelevant, repeat or idiotic. Never mind, look on the bright side - we won't need it all soon!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe the person who answers the queries has been on holiday for the last couple of weeks and will answer the queries when they have been through their emails and the four or five meetings they have today.
That is of course a fair comment, but when 'Insider' goes away there's a message and the 'Ask the club' fourm is closed for the duration. Plus this isn't the first time there's been a delay of a month before questions are answered.

NOT having a go, it was a brilliant idea and good PR inasmuch as it was further proof that the club are keen to have several lines of communication open to fans.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's also the case that some of the questions aren't really anything to do with the actual construction but are queries about season tickets etc which more properly belong in 'Ask the club' rather than 'Ask the project team'. (As a complete aside that's one of the problems of having multiple forums and why the all-inclusive 'Big Board' approach is better)

Still think it was a good idea, but at the moment it's being let down by both sides: tardy responses to a set of question of which a high percantage are irrelevant, repeat or idiotic. Never mind, look on the bright side - we won't need it all soon!

Quite often there'll be a ticket question about Amex on Ask The Club and it gets moved to Ask The Project Team.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Quite often there'll be a ticket question about Amex on Ask The Club and it gets moved to Ask The Project Team.
is that so? Personally I'd have thought that asking the construction project team about season tickets would be the same as asking Insider about crane lifts, but there you go.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Confirmed they will be padded seats.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
can't blame him/them for not answering quickly most of the questions are exactly the same just worded differently. All about season tickets although its been said time and time again that the club will release details in the Autumn.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
can't blame him/them for not answering quickly most of the questions are exactly the same just worded differently. All about season tickets although its been said time and time again that the club will release details in the Autumn.

BUT I WANT TO SIT IN THE BEST SEATS AND CAN'T AFFORD TO WITH ALL MY KIDS. ANSWER ME NOW YOU BASTARDS AND LET ME IN FOR FREE :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here