Falmer Petition to PM

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
magoo said:
Why can't we all just love each other? These two love each other! See?

kissing1.jpg

:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM said:
I'm assuming that you are indicating that you believe I have 'made an arse about it'.

Sorry if that is how you are reading it. It certainly wasn't my intention and it certainly isn't how I've read it back. i will say no more on the matter.

dont be so paranoid...i wasnt referring to you per se....

Seeing as it is on the club website, the very least we can do is make bloody good mileage out of the number of signatures on the petition in a very short period of time without any real publicity and only recent inclusion on the club's website...

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Signatures: 1,072 at 18:55 9th Feb - doubling every day, so on course for a healthy score.

Now half way up page 2, position 85th of all open petitions.

At this rate could hit page 1 in another day, needs 2000+

This is viral email showing its teeth.

Any contacts with other club forums? Unofficial ones usually much better than Pr*m**mTV stuff!

Try some (other!) big clubs - Manu Arse etc.

Others that we have helped and co-operated with in the past - Bury, Chester, ... You know who they are better than I.

This will help not only this petition which has only days to run, but can be used towards the postcard campaign which is more directly aimed at the relavant Minister and Department.

Double whammy!

Dave the Gaffer said:
So what is all the fuss and palaver on here about then?

If the club are endorsing it, then presumably they are not worried about some heinious bint reading it and commenting on a public service messageboard...why are people making so much of an arse about it here?
The lesson to be learned is that if people are going to do something like this for the Falmer campaign, then it would be helpful to let the Club know from the outset (at the beginning of January in this case), not wait until less than a week before the closing date.

If we'd have had a thousand signatures in the first few days, the "heinous bint" (or senior member of LDC's Lib Dem group, to be precise) wouldn't have been in a position to try to make political capital out of it.

Last edited:

zego said:
Any contacts with other club forums? Unofficial ones usually much better than Pr*m**mTV stuff!

Try some (other!) big clubs - Manu Arse etc.

Others that we have helped and co-operated with in the past - Bury, Chester, ... You know who they are better than I.
As per the post above ... if you are going to do this, PLEASE contact the Club first.

Again, I have a fear that contacting other clubs about this petition might get in the way of another BIG initiative that is currently being worked up (very carefully and at a very senior level as far as the other clubs are concerned) to involve other clubs and their supporters in the lobbying process.

If we end up spreading confusion, rather than a clear message, we will have shot ourselves in the foot.

If zego would enable PMs, I'd be happy to explain more to him directly - in the absence of that facility, I'm having to post this publicly.

Last edited:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
"If zego would enable PMs, I'd be happy to explain more to him directly - in the absence of that facility, I'm having to post this publicly."

Last edited by Lord Bracknell on 09-02-2007 at 19:32

-----------------

Best place for it, isn't it?

I didn't mean approaches to other club's directors, I meant to other fans who are already known to be sympathetic to our plight.

Eg those that NSC already know well through pre-match fans football matches, BHA Supporters Club contacts through direct contact with other supporters clubs, Fans United initiatives (last one I could get to was some years ago at Chester - banners of all 92 clubs paraded around the pitch).

I'm sure you are making use of these contacts and many more for the postcards.

I didn't start the petition, it was already in the public domain by the time I came across 3 days ago. It is more than doubling each day, and getting into the top 50/top page of the current petitions looks genuinely achievable.

So far maybe mainly down to NSC members. Once it gets on the top page, then as with the top page in Google, it will have a life of its own, and will be unstoppable.

zego said:
I didn't mean approaches to other club's directors, I meant to other fans who are already known to be sympathetic to our plight.
That is precisely what is being planned by the Falmer For All team.

PLEASE let us co-ordinate our activities.

Last edited:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Signatures: 1,189 at 20:55, up 117 in 2 hours.

All I was thinking that say 100 votes from just 10 clubs would get us onto the top page.

Nothing to detract from the postcard campaign, nor the Early Day Motion one.

It is now up on our Club page - I wasn't suggesting other Club official pages, which would require high level committee decisions, which no doubt contributed to the delay in getting on the BHA website.

I didn't start the Petition, my own vote is less than 0.1% of the current total, it is the other 99.9% that is carrying it along, we've just days to make an impact, and enthusiasm is building.

This enthusiasm is surely going to carry over to the other campaigns which have a little longer to run.

Everybody understands that the Petition is not very profound, its just a lot of pinpricks added together. I'm sure everybody who has voted will ensure, if they haven't already, that they add to the pressure by makng the best use of both the other two campaigns in the public domain.

zego said:
It is now up on our Club page - I wasn't suggesting other Club official pages, which would require high level committee decisions, which no doubt contributed to the delay in getting on the BHA website.
The approach to other Clubs in connection with the forthcoming new initiative aimed at their supporters DOES involve getting the Falmer message on to other Clubs' official AND unofficial pages.

The "delay" in getting anything on the BHA website about the petition was nothing to do with "high level committee decisions". It was entirely down to the fact that nobody contacted the Club about this until yesterday.

Zego - if you'd like to give me an e-mail address, I can tell you more about what is going on and why I think it's important that we don't distract other clubs' supporters with a message about the petition. You can reach me via ed@parklife.me.uk

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Signatures: 1,289 at 23:43, exactly another 100 since 20:55.

Position 74, into top half page 2.

What will tomorrow bring?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports