Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Petition to PM

Woodchip said:
Could we get something in the Notts Forest program? Possibly get some people that post on other teams forums to upsell it a bit as well. Push the petition to the edges of the universe to get those Peacehaven NIMBYs to shut up.
A major initiative is currently being worked up by Falmer For All to involve other clubs.

It isn't this petition - which will have closed by the time the Forest game comes round.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Lord Bracknell said:
One of the NIMBYs who has picked up on the thread on the Peacehaven forum goes under the the Username "Ex-Model".

This is what she has to say in response to ROSM's comment that "we have a bunch of idiots at this council, who have not listened to the views of the local council tax payer":-

Thye can't have been that idiotic to have been smart enough to figure out that the planned stadium actually encrouched on to Lewes District Council Land. e.g. parking lot. Silly buggers in Brighton...... if they want a stadium for Brighton then why not stick the bloody thing TOTALLY inside the "!£$""£$"£%^$& city limits of bloody brighton and get on with it. whinge whinge moan moan. Oh for christ's sake this whole stadium issue is soooooooooooooooooooooo boring for a zed list team in the first place. yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Now a question.

Which "Ex Model" is an LDC councillor, representing Peacehaven, and was a member of LDC's cabinet at the time they took the decision to challenge Prescott's decision to approve the planning permission?

just want to say that I haven't actually responded on that forum yet. I think 'exmodel' is writing in response to another albion fan who is trying to highlight the error of the LDC ways.

Did have a very interesting discussion with an albion fan last night who i was handing some postcards too. His initial response was 'i've already signed some petition about this today so aren't the postcards duplicating?'

I explained that there are different messages and target audiences etc and he took the postcards.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why cant we all just get along? Yet again something that someone decided to do individually with a bit of thought has developed into a " lets have a go at each other" fest

maybe some people do not want to follow the Falmer For All way and just want to feel they express thier opinions personally to the powers at be rather than get involved in publicity stunts. I actually thought we lived in a society that allowed people free will.

Just a thought

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Lord Bracknell said:
A major initiative is currently being worked up by Falmer For All to involve other clubs.

It isn't this petition - which will have closed by the time the Forest game comes round.
Go on then. Ruin all my fun. I'm going for a flounce (well going to do some work anyway...)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lokki 7 said:
Then I would suggest that a) we encourage as many people to sign as possible and b) consider the media response (as suggested earlier on this thread), to any public attack on the petition. The sad last post of TG, and the fact that he will never see Falmer built is far and away the more relevant story.

I know that this is intended with the best of intentions, but my view in so far as TG is concerned is that "Rest in Peace" should mean just that. I would feel very uncomfortable if the tragic and untimely death of TG became part of a propaganda battle.

We have paid our respects to the man, and now his family should be allowed to grieve.

Like I say, I know you will have posted what you did with only the very best of intentions.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
why cant we all just get along? Yet again something that someone decided to do individually with a bit of thought has developed into a " lets have a go at each other" fest

maybe some people do not want to follow the Falmer For All way and just want to feel they express thier opinions personally to the powers at be rather than get involved in publicity stunts. I actually thought we lived in a society that allowed people free will.

Just a thought

A voice of reason
:bowdown:

ROSM said:
just want to say that I haven't actually responded on that forum yet. I think 'exmodel' is writing in response to another albion fan who is trying to highlight the error of the LDC ways.
Sorry, my mistake.

I just read the name and came to what I think was an understably wrong conclusion.

Dave the Gaffer said:

I don't think anyone is "having a go". It's just a discussion about tactics. Everyone's opinion is being respected.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree with Gaffer. The problem is tensions are running very high, Falmer is in the balance.

For those who have worked tirelessly in their own time, they - probably even more than than the rest of us - don't want to see it agonisingly disappear this late in the day.

They are probably right that co-ordinated, targeted efforts have a greater impact but that clearly has left some feeling a bit alienated.

But the point is this is no time to be divided and people should shelve any preciousness for a while longer. Should the worst happen, and I still expect good news, then the inquests will start as they rightly should.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Dave the Gaffer said:

maybe some people do not want to follow the Falmer For All way and just want to feel they express thier opinions personally to the powers at be rather than get involved in publicity stunts.

I actually thought we lived in a society that allowed people free will.

Just a thought

Sorry Dave. Didn't think it was a have a go at anybody time. Apologies to anybody who feels that is what it has become due to my input.

I sincerely hope that what is being done by anybody isn't seen as a publicity stunt. Yes publicity is sought but a key message is always portrayed alongside everybodies efforts.

Bry Nylon said:
I know that this is intended with the best of intentions, but my view in so far as TG is concerned is that "Rest in Peace" should mean just that. I would feel very uncomfortable if the tragic and untimely death of TG became part of a propaganda battle.

We have paid our respects to the man, and now his family should be allowed to grieve.

Like I say, I know you will have posted what you did with only the very best of intentions.

Fair point, and I appreciate that this is a very delicate situation. I'm not suggesting that this is used as some new spearheading of the campaign. All I know is that had it been me instead of TG, I would not have minded. But as you say it is down to the family to decide, not us and right now I'm sure it's the last thing on their minds.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Why can't we all just love each other? These two love each other! See?

kissing1.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So what is all the fuss and palaver on here about then?

If the club are endorsing it, then presumably they are not worried about some heinious bint reading it and commenting on a public service messageboard...why are people making so much of an arse about it here?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Dave the Gaffer said:
So what is all the fuss and palaver on here about then?

If the club are endorsing it, then presumably they are not worried about some heinious bint reading it and commenting on a public service messageboard...why are people making so much of an arse about it here?

I'm assuming that you are indicating that you believe I have 'made an arse about it'.

Sorry if that is how you are reading it. It certainly wasn't my intention and it certainly isn't how I've read it back. i will say no more on the matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here