Falmer Petition to PM

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Tom, I love you dearly but please... you're not serious? Are you saying zego is LDC in disguise, encouraging us to sign because it will give them the ammunition to finnally kill off Falmer once and for all?

Lokki

a) Dr. Hibbert: [smoking a cigar] Is that the love between a man and a woman or the love of a man for a fine Cuban cigar?

b) No, I'm not saying that. But zego could be. Any one of us could sit here at our PC and manipulate the well-meaning petition system to our hearts content. Simply because we can. Personally I'm inclined to go with the FFA flow because they've brought us this far and I doubt that unilateral actions would have even got us beyond the Prescott approval stage. Cos that was one mighty uphill struggle.

All I'm saying is, we've come this far as Fans United, why not get through the next hundred days the same way?

But each to their own.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
If it helps, I've supported The Albion since 1976, from 300 miles away since '79. No, I don't go to 'home' games, but have seen plenty of 0-0 draws and worse, on wet Wednesdays in Grimsby, Tranmere, or ...

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Lord Bracknell said:
I thought long and hard before posting my first message on this thread ...

It certainly wasn't my intention to start a debate that turned Albion fans against one another. I don't feel "got at" by any of the responses and I've tried myself not to "have a go" at any fellow supporter.

I hope no-one is acting like god and telling people what to do or not do. I would be disappointed if people thought I was. But if that's the way it has come across, then I'll have to take the responsibility for starting this debate. It was me wot dun it - and I didn't discuss this with any member of the Falmer For All team before I posted my opinion.

I'm certainly not going to fall out with anyone over this. I hope nobody thinks they will fall out with me.

I'm just sorry I bounced the original thread and have caused this much angst.

Sorry Folks

:down:

The Oldman said:
I'm just sorry I bounced the original thread and have caused this much angst.

Sorry Folks

:down:

How much did LDC pay you to do it? 30 pieces of silver? :censored:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Lokki 7 said:
How much did LDC pay you to do it? 30 pieces of silver? :censored:

I assume that's a joke. Any one who knows me will confirm I'm Blue and White through and through. Even when exiled in East Anglia for 30 years I still saw most matches tha the Albion played.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
How can a simple petiton turn into this! Only on NSC:lolol:

The Oldman said:
I assume that's a joke. Any one who knows me will confirm I'm Blue and White through and through. Even when exiled in East Anglia for 30 years I still saw most matches tha the Albion played.

Unless you can tell me OGH's favourite colour we're going to hunt you down like a dog in the night! :lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Man of Harveys said:
Exactly, I can't believe the crap I'm reading about this. It's like saying that no-one should write a letter or even mention the Falmer campaign to anyone unless everyone else does so at the same time, because that would look tinpot and discredit the whole procedure!!! - unless you're told to do so by the FFA campaigners, of course. Very weird and frankly, it comes across as a bit precious. Thankfully, enough people are ignoring them and doing both/everything they can.

I think Lord B has said it all really - save for my view of this Harvs.

Nobody is saying dont write individually and only do things at the same time. But the opinion I was giving is that this well meaning gesture, if we were going to go hell for leather at it and try and get media support and enlist the support of non fans and other clubs, could well drain resources from things that will be harder hitting and more beneficial.

Apologies if that sounds precious but even the person who started it on the original thread back in early jan said it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. You only have to see that someone very early on has signed it as Norman Baker to identify the level of credibility that this would get. Sorry, that is my opinion and whilst it differs greatly from yours it wasn't intended as an instruction or as a dig at anyone.

No need to get your flounceometer out to see if I will register:)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Lokki 7 said:
Unless you can tell me OGH's favourite colour we're going to hunt you down like a dog in the night! :lolol:

it's not green - am I safe?:p

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Pavilionaire said:
Sully, you're missing the point. If you're a new reporter what's the better story - anti-Falmer spokesman lambasts online petition or Albion fan becomes 100th person to pledge support then sadly dies the next day?

I don't for one minute suggest we should be on the phone to The Argus but at the same time we've got the better angle on the petition so don't worry.

This idea I can go with... did understand but didn't have chance to reply... was rushing out of office.

Provided we've got a response then fine...... yet this morning there wasn't such a response... just a lot of blinkers.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I don't know if the petition starter is an NSC poster but I guess it's quite likely given that it's an online petition. Can I make a suggestion to anyone who is thinking of starting a petition or any other sort of Falmer campaign?

Please either post it on here so that the FFA posters on here can make sure it fits in with the official club campaign or get in touch with a FFA member.

Whilst I do believe that we must explore every avenue to get the stadium, we do need to ensure that it's a co-ordinated campaign.

Unfortunately, although obviously very well intentioned, this petition has put supporters of the campaign in an awkward position of either supporting a petition that could possibly detract from the FFA offensive or letting it sit and fester making it look like no-one gives a toss about the stadium.

A bit of thought and communication could have ensured we either made the most of it or focused on something else.

Last edited:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Now 402

NSC membership: 4,264

Are you more ashamed you have voted, or more ashamed you haven't? How will you feel on Feb 15th?

How much focus do you need, or might lose, but clicking the link and giving your name and address?

How does an opponent adding a vote make the total less valuable?

Last edited:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
We the undersigned - signed or not signed?

In case you haven't seen what the discussion is about, this (and the current list of names) is what you will find at:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Falmer/

---------
We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Help get a stadium at Falmer Brighton And Hove Albion.

Submitted by Stewart Simmonds – Deadline to sign up by: 14 February 2007 – Signatures: 436

Falmer Stadium is the codename of the community football stadium in East Brighton, near the village of Falmer and the council estate of Moulsecoombe, East Sussex, England. It is to be funded by Brighton and Hove Albion F.C. The stadium is currently planned to be a 22,000 all-seater stadium. Whilst planning permission was given by the unitary authority for the area, Brighton and Hove City Council, the Lewes District Council has fought stadium plans extensively. Although the stadium itself will lie completely within Brighton and Hove, the vacant field straddles the boundary with Lewes (despite being owned by Brighton and Hove). Four years after the original plans were put forward by The Seagulls, John Prescott approved the plans on October 28th 2005. Still over a year later, there is nothing like a stadium.
---------------

The discussion (at length) is in "Petition to the PM" started by The Oldman, 2 days ago, when votes were 37.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
I voted, and while I can see what the FFA campaigners are saying about a co-ordinated effort , there are many people who, for example, don't live in the area and don't know from day-to-day what is going on, but who want to do something.

It's the frustration of the whole thing I guess.

My fears are confirmed.

This petition is being used against us.

A post on the Peacehaven forum:-

first i am not trying to winde anyone up but if there are only 258 people who have signed this petition dose this not tell you something . like not every one wants the stadium to be built ..and even if the people that do want it can not be bothered to sign it then maybe it is not such a good thing afterall ...

ROSM is dealing with this, with an explanatory response.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
My fears are confirmed.

This petition is being used against us.

A post on the Peacehaven forum:-

first i am not trying to winde anyone up but if there are only 258 people who have signed this petition dose this not tell you something . like not every one wants the stadium to be built ..and even if the people that do want it can not be bothered to sign it then maybe it is not such a good thing afterall ...

ROSM is dealing with this, with an explanatory response.

Stitched up like a kipper :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports