Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You can tell it's the close season.

Just saying.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I thought it was called Falmer but the name for sponsorship purposes is American Express Community Stadium?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I still associate Falmer with the narrow minded NIMBYs that tried to kill off our club. Amex have sponsored the Albion in the Community, the stadium and now the shirts.
If they pull out eventually, the stadium will change names as Huddersfield's did. I haven't got a problem with that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Couldn't personally give a rats arse what is called to be honest. Unless specifically asked the question "what is Brightons ground called" I don't think I ever use the name of the stadium.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Call me old fashioned but it does get to me how grounds are named by the sponsor nowadays. Our stadium is Falmer. Emirates should be called Drayton Park, Leicester and bloody Walkers etc etc.

Am I the only this gets to or do others have similar thoughts sometimes?

The Emirates was always referred to as Ashburton Grove before the sponsorship was announced.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
FFS is there anything else idiots like the OP want to moan about. Get a life!

I suppose moaning about your daft ass reply would be something else worthwhile, but I suppose that'd be a waste. Quality idiocy mate, quality.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I always thought of it as Falmer until we started playing there but since then I've become quite used to calling it the Amex.
I moved to Coldean in 1946...it was Falmer then...The school that was built in 1950 was Stanmer Secondary,later changed to Falmer...school has just been demolished for the carpark revamp...but don't mind it called Amex...they paid a lot of money for the privilege...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here