Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - in memory

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
If anyone thinks this is in bad taste or it upsets anyone, then MODs, feel free to remove. But I was wondering on this historic eve, how many of our fans have literally died waiting for a decision on Falmer and sadly won't see our campaign finally reach fruition? It makes me so angry that since 1995 the majority have been fighting a tiny minority just to save our club, one way or another, when all we should have been doing is watching a simple game of football by the club we all love.

So, least we forget, who should be remember since 1999? That's the real scandal in my eyes and Archer-LDC-Whitehall, you should all be ashamed.

Steve, I'll be living in Sheffield by the time the Stadium's built :(

Still, at least I can say I helped make it happen :)

WELL DONE ALL INVOLVED IN THE FIGHT :clap: :clap:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f***ing good thread.

RIP my grandad who started the Albion obsession in me but wont see Falmer in the flesh.

I'll be there singing for you + I will never forget the scum that tried to kill our club. We fought them side by side together and I'll always be grateful for that

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I didn't know any of the wonderful people mentioned in this thread. Happily, it is the natural order of things that I have produced two wonderful boys in the same period who, along with others on this board, will wear their colours with pride at Falmer and ensure the things these people stood for will never die!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I didn't know any of the wonderful people mentioned in this thread. Happily, it is the natural order of things that I have produced two wonderful boys in the same period who, along with others on this board, will wear their colours with pride at Falmer and ensure the things these people stood for will never die!

me too! A 5 year old and 7 year old who are both STHs and ardent fans.

:ascarf:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
My grandad (in 2000), who took me to the Goldstone in 1977 for the first time.

And my dear old nan (2006) whose first question was always 'did you go to the Albion xx. Great/rubbish result etc'.

Gawd bless 'em.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
My friend Ross who died last year in a car crash. He bought a ticket to the last game at the goldstone off me but couldnt make it as the car broke down. Probably one of the only people with a complete ticket for that day. AND, he still owes me for it!!!

Bless ya Ross - will be thinking of you when the first ball is kicked

xxx

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
My auntie who died in February, a life long albion fan whos husband (my uncle) died in 1991 took me to my first albion game in 1984. She used to save me all the albion related stuff out of the argus. I miss her.

They would both be very pleased with todays announcement.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My nan - died in November 2005 - She used to make my dad and me lunch before every home match :(

My dad, by heart a Saints fan, but Albion was his second club

It makes me sick to think that a few ****s in lewes stopped so many ppl seeing their pride and joy have a home!

on the same note, "i'll be brighton till i die....."

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I have a dream.....and I have mooted this before.

About the dullest part of any new stadium I've been to is the area under the stands, where the shops/kiosks/burgers/toilets/stairways etc are. They are often painted some bland colour, could be anywhere.

Well, remember the Arsenal murel? Well, lets have our own but a 'living' one of real faces.

I've been watching Albion for nearly 40 years and 'faces in the crowd' is very apt. you see people, sometimes over many years. you may be on nodding terms or the odd 'hello' but you don't know them other than being a face in the crowd.

Being next to the University, how about a giant artwork of faces to cover those areas under the stands? people can pay, different rates for different areas so should be affordable for all, to face your, or the face of loved ones, painted as a crowd scene.

Imagine being able to bring back those loved ones so they are next to you on the wall. I know when | die i doubt anyone will come and see where my ashes are laid but, if when coming to falmer they can see me looking down, well, that's different. I could even have a picture of me as a young lad!

This could spread to be a massive work of art and a attraction in it's own right, as well as a fund raiser. £10 per head to be way up in the background or much much more to have a prominent position, maybe in the crowd next to a Wardy of Clough.

The idea is either mad or fantastic, what do you think? I'd love to be imortalised surrounded by my family, even with my Mum & dad alongside the grandchildren they never knew.

Could it work?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
good idea mate, I like it, named bricks with a twist. Difficulty with cost and weathering but could be explored further. Club should definately listen to such ideas and perhaps put up some 'ideas' boxes. We've all fought long enough, I just hope those of us who've lived the 12 year fight to exist and played a part aren't forgotten in the rush to make 'cash'...... Everyone wants a piece of the Albion pie now and though I'm happy to share, I'd want 1st dibs.....unlike season ticket holders ???:lol::D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here