Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Funding

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There is absolutely NOTHING in that report that hasn't been posted on the Club's website MONTHS AGO.

For example ...

Perry: December Start at Falmer | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Stadium | Stadium

Perry: December Start at Falmer

Posted on: Sat 14 Jun 2008

By Paul Camillin

Martin Perry today told seagulls.co.uk the club has achieved a major milestone by sending tender documents to a shortlist of three major building contractors.

The Albion chief executive also confirmed he fully expects work to begin on site at Falmer in December of this year.

"This is a significant milestone achieved. Three major contractors have been invited to submit detailed 'design and build' tender documents to the club.

"As we explained at Hove Town Hall in February this is a very complex process and we now have to allow a period of evaluation for both the contractors and ourselves.

"We will then make an announcement on who will build our new stadium in September. We have always aimed to be on site by the end of the year and we will begin work in early December."

Perry also moved to allay any fears that the current credit crunch might affect the stadium project.

"We have structured the financial package to make it attractive to the banks, even in this difficult financial climate, and we have already received strong expressions of interest from tier-one banks.

"Working closely with our financial advisors PriceWaterhouseCoopers we are confident of securing the necessary funding for our new home and hope to announce a preferred funding partner before the end of this year."

The last Paragraph...No news yet.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This one is even better - particularly the exchanges between Bens Grandad and TLO on page 4...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mmmmmm. The words egg and face come to mind reading some of the posts.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Makes you wonder what the hell the club were playing at really doesn't it? And Pricewaterhouse too!

Surely they can't really have been pinning everything on getting a sponsor for the stadium? Time seems to have proved that one a non-starter now we're in Credit Crunch Britain!

Thank god for Bloom I guess.

D

Deleted User X18H

Mmmmmm. The words egg and face come to mind reading some of the posts.

People who think they know oh so very much about the club I had spoke with him so and so told me this, really look very very silly!

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
People who think they know oh so very much about the club I had spoke with him so and so told me this, really look very very silly!

What a wonderful sentence oh it means so very very little and in business you keep information out of the public domain and you have a reliable source and it all has been heard and people who think and don't know and it all signifies nothing and the rest is silence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here