Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Just been told :glare: burn me :flameboun announcement will be tomorrow. The Falmer ??? (opposition) are being informed today/tonight. The decision will come tomorrow.

However, I had heard from somebody else two weeks ago that the decision would be a no, this was apparently by somebody close to the club that it was no, but yes to Sheepcote Valley. :ohmy:

Well we have the maximum of four sleepless nights before the decision. But it looks like tomorrow. :)

Lets hope it is tomorrow and a big fat "YES" (obviously there will be conditions) and Saturday will mean a big all dayer :drink:

Fingers crossed, but either way, remember I f*cking love you, you gumbos.

:clap2:

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Caveman said:
Just been told :glare: burn me :flameboun announcement will be tomorrow. The Falmer ??? (opposition) are being informed today/tonight. The decision will come tomorrow.

However, I had heard from somebody else two weeks ago that the decision would be a no, this was apparently by somebody close to the club that it was no, but yes to Sheepcote Valley. :ohmy:

Well we have the maximum of four sleepless nights before the decision. But it looks like tomorrow. :)

Lets hope it is tomorrow and a big fat "YES" (obviously there will be conditions) and Saturday will mean a big all dayer :drink:

Fingers crossed, but either way, remember and I f*cking love you, you gumbos.

:clap2:

A NO is what i'm dreading. After all the YES rumours I don't think I could handle a NO decision. But, like you Caveman I heard back in September it is a NO to Falmer and have been dreading the announcement ever since. I can't wait to be told otherwise......please let it be a YES!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Superseagull said:
A NO is what i'm dreading. After all the YES rumours I don't think I could handle a NO decision. But, like you Caveman I heard back in September it is a NO to Falmer and have been dreading the announcement ever since. I can't wait to be told otherwise......please let it be a YES!

Heard from who?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No ... I am still convinced it will be tomorrow or Wednesday - it is not only he ODPM legal guys who suggest that, but it makes a lot of sense as that is the key time in the week for announcements which may have a political/PR edge to them! (Fridays are for burying bad news!)

OTLW Post on monday?

I dont like the bad news on Friday statement.

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
just got back after two days on the road in Cheshire and North Yorkshire though I did manage to text a few people to give timing of announcement... not had time to read this thread or anything else but...

for the record .... this is the lady ...

Sorry, Nic. Posting the contact addresses of officials at ODPM is NOT in the interests of the Albion at this stage in the process.

I've deleted it.

Last edited by a moderator:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
jeez this is now embarassing.

she is the officer working for prescott, who of course makes the decision.

really, what was the point of spouting a lot of semi-confidential info when it was of no help, and indeed a big f***-off, to so many people?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Club have (provisionally possibly) booked a press conference for lunchtime tomorrow.

All parties will be informed by e-mail and hard copy as well. The club will inform staff and people at the training ground before making a statment (which probably means the news will come from someone else first)

Martin Perry has been in a good mood this week.

Make of all this what you will.

keitho54

Oct 9, 2003
looking good

Caveman said:

...and it looks like the other key interested parties too. I have just received a call which suggests the club and local council/politicians now know and are beginning to share the news.

9am tomorrow the goood news we have all wanted, and for which so many have worked for so long, will be announced.

Should make Saturday very emotional! Off for one of these:drink:

1066gull

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Lets ransack Selhurst tomorrow evening for celebration!!

On A Brighton Early Morning
How Long Have We Loathed for this?
For Our Big Fat Man
To Give The Go Ahead for Falmer

lalalalalalalalala
The Premiership awaits for us.

That is crap isnt it?

I make no apology for the apparent 'censorship' of the above posts.

This Football Club is at a critical stage in a very long and difficult process. The last thing we need is an implied public invitation to all and sundry to make what would be inappropriate interventions at this stage, by contacting ODPM officials who are handling the case.

Our opponents read this message board and will clutch at any crumb of comfort that they can find.

The very worst thing that might happen is that the ODPM might decide NOT to announce the decision at this time - because of action by supporters of the Applicant.

I accept that this is very unlikely. But I'm not prepared to take the risk.

keitho54

Oct 9, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Too many people just plain POSTURING about the decision now. Maybe this thread should be closed. :glare:

Fair point.

I was simply passing on the news and that I was pleased about it!

Back to me beer and Newsnight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports