Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
I heard the decision is being delivered RIGHT NOW to all the interested parties by hot air baloon. They hover over the delivery address and then JP personally bungee jumps out with an envelope which is collected by the recipitant.

And it's a Yes, by the way.

Interesting.

My source tells me the decision will be delivered through everyone's letterbox in a flyer campaign, coupled with a discount for Domino's Pizza. Furthermore, my source is reliably informed that there could well be an answer of yes, no or maybe.
He also expects the verdict to be given BEFORE the end of the week.

And before anyone doubts me, my source is VERY close to Domino's pizza.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
garry nelsons left foot said:
Interesting.

My source tells me the decision will be delivered through everyone's letterbox in a flyer campaign, coupled with a discount for Domino's Pizza. Furthermore, my source is reliably informed that there could well be an answer of yes, no or maybe.
He also expects the verdict to be given BEFORE the end of the week.

And before anyone doubts me, my source is VERY close to Domino's pizza.

While my original posting said RIGHT NOW, I'm afraid I have to conceed that there are currently no hot air balloons anyway near Brighton. But what my insider HAS just told me by messenger pigeon, is that whoever spots the first hot air balloon to enter the unitary authority of Brighton and Hove, and whoever is successfull in bringing it down (by any means) he or she is then at liberty to decide on the whole issue themselves. So get your slingshots out, you can be the one to say STADIUM YES.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
While my original posting said RIGHT NOW, I'm afraid I have to conceed that there are currently no hot air balloons anyway near Brighton. But what my insider HAS just told me by messenger pigeon, is that whoever spots the first hot air balloon to enter the unitary authority of Brighton and Hove, and whoever is successfull in bringing it down (by any means) he or she is then at liberty to decide on the whole issue themselves. So get your slingshots out, you can be the one to say STADIUM YES.

I have just conferred with my source. (Via specifically placed flower pots on balconies and coded messages in the local newspaper for obvious secrecy reasons.)
The long and short of it id, he confirms that there could be some truth in your sources statement. Domino's Pizza and the club have had a slight disagreement on how much discount should be given. Domino's want to give 5% but the club think this is too measly for such a big announcement. They want to give 25%. Domino's are a bit concerned about who is going to pick up the tab for this as BHAFC are notoriously cash strapped. Negotiations are currently VERY delicately poised. Domino's are willing to offer a 15% discount so long as the club pick up half the tab. Dick Knight is unsure however as he is believed to prefer Pizza Hut to Domino's Pizza and wants to know why if the club have to pick up 50% of the tab they shouldn't go to a Pizza chain that HE likes. Things are further complicated by John Prescott hearing of the agreement and trying to elbow his way into the deal. It's beleieved he wants a free Domino's pizza lunch for the next year. Whats more, worryingly, the decision of yes or no couild hinge on the outcome of this meeting!

The upshot of all this is that an agreement between the parties is unlikely to be reached before the decision deadline. So it's now looking unlikely that the news will be given out in a flyer coupled with a domino's pizza discount. The club are actively looking at ways in which they can release the decision news. One way is your aforementioned Hot Air Balloon Assasination. Prescott is believed to think that this is a fair method as frankly he's bored to his back teeth with the whole long winded process and endless messageboard speculation. He believes it gives everybody- Falmer Supporters and NIMBY gimps alike- an equal shot(Pun intended. My source says JP guffawed loudly for a full 30 seconds when he made the wordplay. He only stopped when some crumbs he'd been saving for a post dinner snack fell out of his third chin) at getting the result they want. Obviously Supporters have a far better chance of shooting the hot air balloon, because they vasltly outnumber the NIMBY's and aren't hampered by inbreeding or feeble mindedness.

Needless to say that I have urged my source to stay close to the negotiations so that I can keep the good public of NSC informed with the FACTS of the situation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
garry nelsons left foot said:
I have just conferred with my source. (Via specifically placed flower pots on balconies and coded messages in the local newspaper for obvious secrecy reasons.)
The long and short of it id, he confirms that there could be some truth in your sources statement. Domino's Pizza and the club have had a slight disagreement on how much discount should be given. Domino's want to give 5% but the club think this is too measly for such a big announcement. They want to give 25%. Domino's are a bit concerned about who is going to pick up the tab for this as BHAFC are notoriously cash strapped. Negotiations are currently VERY delicately poised. Domino's are willing to offer a 15% discount so long as the club pick up half the tab. Dick Knight is unsure however as he is believed to prefer Pizza Hut to Domino's Pizza and wants to know why if the club have to pick up 50% of the tab they shouldn't go to a Pizza chain that HE likes. Things are further complicated by John Prescott hearing of the agreement and trying to elbow his way into the deal. It's beleieved he wants a free Domino's pizza lunch for the next year. Whats more, worryingly, the decision of yes or no couild hinge on the outcome of this meeting!

The upshot of all this is that an agreement between the parties is unlikely to be reached before the decision deadline. So it's now looking unlikely that the news will be given out in a flyer coupled with a domino's pizza discount. The club are actively looking at ways in which they can release the decision news. One way is your aforementioned Hot Air Balloon Assasination. Prescott is believed to think that this is a fair method as frankly he's bored to his back teeth with the whole long winded process and endless messageboard speculation. He believes it gives everybody- Falmer Supporters and NIMBY gimps alike- an equal shot(Pun intended. My source says JP guffawed loudly for a full 30 seconds when he made the wordplay. He only stopped when some crumbs he'd been saving for a post dinner snack fell out of his third chin) at getting the result they want. Obviously Supporters have a far better chance of shooting the hot air balloon, because they vasltly outnumber the NIMBY's and aren't hampered by inbreeding or feeble mindedness.

Needless to say that I have urged my source to stay close to the negotiations so that I can keep the good public of NSC informed with the FACTS of the situation.

Its all so clear now

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
A Parliamentary legal source has told Nic that the answer is YES

It will be announced on Monday or Tuesday.
He's rung me this evening as he is away in the Lake District and not anywhere near a computer.

It's Wednesday now so I doubt the validity of this source.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Re: Re: Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Sneaky George said:

the only thing we can be sure of is that bozza's ban should kick in this morning then!

Last edited:

Today my postman delivered ...

... just one letter.

From bethilo, reminding me that I haven't placed a bet for some time and offering a free £30 total goals bet on the Man Utd v Chelsea match on Sunday:-

Man Utd v Chelsea Total Goals: 2.5 Goals

Do I GO LOW @ 2.5 or
GO HIGH @ 2.5

If anyone has any advance information about the result, I'd be pleased to hear it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Sneaky George said:

:rolleyes:

So the logistics of getting the paperwork out to all the relevant parties has taken a day or two longer than anticipated. Is that really a big shock when we are talking about the Public Sector?

A couple of days here and there is absolutely nothing, and has no bearing whatsoever of the validity of this story.

The answer is YES, and whether it's delivered today, tomorrow or Monday at 11.59pm, it remains YES.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:

... just one letter.

From bethilo, reminding me that I haven't placed a bet for some time and offering a free £30 total goals bet on the Man Utd v Chelsea match on Sunday:-

Do I GO LOW @ 2.5 or
GO HIGH @ 2.5

If anyone has any advance information about the result, I'd be pleased to hear it.

I'd go low. Gonna be 1-0 to someone, isn't it?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Lord Bracknell said:

... just one letter.

Do I GO LOW @ 2.5 or
GO HIGH @ 2.5

A source i have close to the future suggests it will be 2-1.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lord B, you gotta go high. It's going to be a goalfest. You mark my words as sure as day is day and night isn't, there'll be at least FIVE goals.

Or so my source tells me...

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Re: Re: Re: Calm Down!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Yorkie
I trust Nic more than I trust anybody on this board.
I am putting my reputation and neck on the line by starting this thread.
Never mind. That just leaves God.

Lots of texts, but he never returns your calls.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports