Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wanderer said:
The FACT is that last time, Lord B opened the letter BEFORE the club did.

The FACT is, that somepeople DO find out in advance, and some people DO have potential inside information. The trouble is, it's down to individuals to decide whether you can seperate the fact from the fiction. Who do you believe - You decide. Very few people set out to mislead.

That Lord B seems a bit of a wind up merchant to me. :D

I'm not trusting anything until MP says it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
so, OTLW why did your source last time state that we would be happy with the decision, did he, as we suspect, just guess the outcome?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
That Lord B seems a bit of a wind up merchant to me. :D

I'm not trusting anything until MP says it.

Lord B was the one who gave us all back out sanity after the incorrect reporting last time around.

I just hope it's a plain and simply YES with no conditions, that way, even SCR won't get it wrong :lolol:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The postman has called here at the Very Crumbly Towers of Bracknell. He left a load of rubbish of the "want to borrow £8m to build a stadium at Falmer?" variety of unsolicited mail from Capital One. At least I think that's what the letter said but I wasn't interested so I put it in the bin. ;)

Last edited:

"I am off to the dentist again - and that gorgeous dental nurse - will report back later IF I get anymore"

"Open wide"

, says OTLW

"No, I'm meant to say that" says the gorgeaus dental nurse

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I wish we knew NOW... pulling my hair out here!... :angry:

Still, I can just about wait another day for a "Yes"!!... :)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
cant believe i missed all this. Any celebrations left for me. Fookin FANTASTIC news if true, but Yorkie is a bit of a attention seeker ;) :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink: :dance: :clap2: :drink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wanderer said:

that way, even SCR won't get it wrong :lolol:

This is SCR we are talking about-they got it SO wrong last time and will no doubt get it wrong this time. How much (temporary) stress did they cause the majority of us?

Wanderer said:
The FACT is that last time, Lord B opened the letter BEFORE the club did.
Just to clarify what happened last time ...

I received the letter on the same day as the Club (and the Falmer NIMBYs).

The Club's letter was sent to the offices of DMH Stallard, the Club's Planning Consultants - which is about 50 yards from the Club's own offices.

Martin Perry was at DMH, discussing the letter, when I received a phone call from Paul Samrah (who was at the Club office). Paul had been given SCR's version of the story and wanted to check it out, before doing an interview with them.

I read the letter out to Paul, who conveyed the contents to the people who were with him at the Club's office.

But just in case anyone really thinks that I knew the result BEFORE the Club, that is simply not true.

As for this time round, I know no more at the moment than anyone else who has read NSC.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

As for this time round, I know no more at the moment than anyone else who has read NSC.

Not good enough;)

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:

Yes, but do you know something to be the truth, that we have seen on NSC and do not believe? E.g. that we will get the answer today or tommorrow.
???

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I usually leave Lord B to do his own talking but I can confirm the truth of what he says! He knows no more at the moment than anyone else who has read NSC!

And sorry to sound such a killjoy but I seriously get unsettled by these information leaks! I so hope this one is 100& accurate but for sure, it's done buggerall for anyone's emotional state while we wait for the truth to emerge.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I am not beliveing any one / anything / any poster / any god until this is announced officialy - its all second guessing and rumours until the club announce it officially

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Lets not get carried away. Many thought it would be a yes last time but look what happened

How many rumours posted on this boeard before have turned out to be wrong! But I do hope this one will be true :clap2:

Trotster said:
its all second guessing and rumours until the club announce it officially

Exactly. Even if this leak is genuine and reliable, I would much prefer that A) everyone officially involved would keep their mouths shut and let the process take its natural legal course. And B) anyone not officially involved but privy to leaked information would not post it on a public board that is no doubt scanned by Nimbys looking for ammunition to shoot down a positive verdict.
Plus threads like this make the wait even more painful and are not good for the ol' ticker.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ow my god, times nearly up.......tomorrow will be the dawn of a new era for the club. But will it be red sky in the morning?!:shrug:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
whoops posted twice ...

PS My other source has NOT yet got back to me ..... but I was at the dentist for over an hour!

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Back from dentist and one crown prep - where has my gorgeous dental nurse gone? I had a matronly woman this time .... bugger!

Anyway .... back to the thread.

Just spoken to my source again and:

(a) He is NOT guessing or spreading rumours (as said before he is a football fanatic who's own club has been through the mill

(b) I trust him implicitly

(c) He is repeating what he has been told by one of the legal team who have been briefing ODPM over the Falmer appeal. These same solicitors instruct HIM on cases, so they are not likely to wind him up!

I am 99% sure the information is correct ... but am saving the 1% as I also don't believe in counting chickens before they are hatched!

PS My other source has NOT yet got back to me ..... but I was at the dentist for over an hour!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports