Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That sounds like not tomorrow then. Bugger, Wednesday I'll be in a big silver bird in the sky with no conatct with the real world. maybe the Captain will announce it? At least I should be back in GOSBTS for the celebrations/jumping off the pier.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On the Left Wing said:
Update:

Okay guys something of an update.

My guy in the wig and gown has spoken to the ODPM legal team again this afternoon and he is 100% certain the decision is YES to Falmer. (and as I have posted many times I really trust this guy and wish I could name him).

The timing of the announcement for ("early in the week") was the legal team's own guesstimate - and although they stand by that (as that is when decisions like this are normally issued) another source has indicated the announcement will be later in the week (Thursday or Friday).

Now my reading of that is to knock Friday on the head as that is constituency day for ALL MPs and given the PR and publicity over this Ms Cooper and Mr Prescott I am sure would not wish this to come out when they are miles away in their Yorkshire constituencies.

Meanwhile source number 3 (the guy who got it spot on last time) is engaging his own 007 tactics within Whitehall to give us early warning of when - rather than what!

Hope you all follow that ....

So the person who told me Friday but maybe moved forward to Thursday told you too then, eh?

What will you do about poor Yorkie who will have her reputation in tatters having put her neck on the line on this Monday/Tuesday thing.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Bozza said:
So the person who told me Friday but maybe moved forward to Thursday told you too then, eh?

What will you do about poor Yorkie who will have her reputation in tatters having put her neck on the line on this Monday/Tuesday thing.

I'll forgive Yorkie for being a day or so out providing it's a Yes. I think we all will.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Bozza

My own words were "early this week"

And I guess we are talking about the SAME person who has given the Friday/Thursday steer! I am a bit sceptical about a Friday announcment, but take any good information in the manner it is given

But I guess the important thing is the YES verdict and they are saying that with 100% conviction

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Poor old Yorkie indeed. A hero in my eyes for being the one who has risked all by giving us a most entertaining pre decision post.

Mind you I still think Tuesday unless those damn couriers are stuck in the current massive jam on the A27/26 tomorrow!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On the Left Wing said:
Bozza

My own words were "early this week"

And I guess we are talking about the SAME person who has given the Friday/Thursday steer! I am a bit sceptical about a Friday announcment, but take any good information in the manner it is given

But I guess the important thing is the YES verdict and they are saying that with 100% conviction

Apologies - it must just be here in Bristol where we do not consider Thursday and Friday to be early in the week...:blush:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Bozza said:
Apologies - it must just be here in Bristol where we do not consider Thursday and Friday to be early in the week...:blush:

No ... I am still convinced it will be tomorrow or Wednesday - it is not only he ODPM legal guys who suggest that, but it makes a lot of sense as that is the key time in the week for announcements which may have a political/PR edge to them! (Fridays are for burying bad news!)

It is our other source - the same one who spoke to you - who has cast doubt on that and said Thursday/Friday - if he is right then I would suggest Thursday!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
For f*** sake it sounds like no chance of being tomorrow.

Why do certain people have to go round posting rumours about when the announcement is, and just because they are worshipped within the happy clappy clique go around putting their reputations as a guarantee that it is as good as fact.

I could have started this post on Saturday and made this guess and at worst been a few days out as it so close to the line.

The difference is if I did it Id have got slaughtered.

The word that it is tomorrow has probably spread far and wide becasue of this thread and there will be loads of stressed and dissapoionted people if it doesnt happen.

I will take all this back if it is announced, then all, of course is forgiven.

:shootself

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
its either going to be tomorrow, the day after, thursday, friday or at a push monday..FACT :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
yorkie, your reputation is in tatters because of this, not to mention your crazy pyscho-religious ramblings. You should now stick to posting on Always Skint and hang your head in shame till you're ready to post with the big boys again

xx

dwayne said:
yorkie, your reputation is in tatters because of this, not to mention your crazy pyscho-religious ramblings. You should now stick to posting on Always Skint and hang your head in shame till you're ready to post with the big boys again

xx

Yorkie won't rise to that - she's not as stupid as you :kiss:

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Albion Dan said:
For f*** sake it sounds like no chance of being tomorrow.

Why do certain people have to go round posting rumours about when the announcement is, and just because they are worshipped within the happy clappy clique go around putting their reputations as a guarantee that it is as good as fact.

I could have started this post on Saturday and made this guess and at worst been a few days out as it so close to the line.

The difference is if I did it Id have got slaughtered.

The word that it is tomorrow has probably spread far and wide becasue of this thread and there will be loads of stressed and dissapoionted people if it doesnt happen.

I will take all this back if it is announced, then all, of course is forgiven.

:shootself

Too right.

BAN YORKIE.

dwayne said:
and I'm not as thick as you to rise to your dross x

You just did :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
this is a very very painful time and if you think you are hard-done by being at thorpe park or in a hot air balloon or whatever...well i will be in an office with NO useful (land registry, credit search, brighton hip hop) internet access working next to someone who is anti-falmer!!!!!!!

i'm leaving in a few weeks but if it's a no and i have to sit there and cry with his grinning mug 5 feet from me....oh i don't know what i'll do!!!!

If, however, it's a yes, i'll cover my desk in brighton paraphernalia

seagulls :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports