Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
Bollocks is it.

We've all seen DOZENS of rumours on here from "unnamed sources" etc who've said its a yes, no or maybe so, and they've all been treated with the contempt they deserve.

Well Yorkie and OTLW certainly do not fall into that bracket, and I know they wouldn't dream of putting news like this on NSC without being very, very confident of it being correct.

It'll be fantastic to hear it officially, but right now, I'm happy to accept, trust and believe that we've GOT IT.

Absolutely! :clap:

In the words of Jim Royle ... "Unsubstantiated, my arse."

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I believe it too - but i wont celebrate until i hear Prescott saying YES.

I think the decision will be on tuesday - as i doubt they'll say it on a match day, to avoid the judicial review
How would announcing the decision on a match day give the opposition grounds for asking for a revue.........

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Another £3 and another 10 mins on this blasted hotel dial up!

Just been sitting on a fell overlooking Derwent Water and the rain stopped and a thin sun began to shine ... and I thought .... shit, I had better check NSC!

I agree with a lot of people about not counting chickens - we have all been through too much to dare do that.

Let me allay some concerns. This information has come from a good friend and a lawyer (canot say any more without giving him/her away) who is also a football fanatic (tho not a Brighton fan). He/she has been VERY close to the civil service legal team giving ODPM advice on the Falmer issue. I trust him/her implicitly and he/she is VERY certain (something lawyers never are usually!). He took time out last night to ring me to tell me the news - I had not gone hunting for it.

I tend to think that EARLY next week, will probably mean Tuesday (or poss Wednesday) rather than Monday for obvious strategic reasons.

I must finally add that this source IS NOT the same source as last time (he was also spot on) and that first source is meanwhile scurrying around Whitehall to give total corroboration to this news.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
bakesy said:
How would announcing the decision on a match day give the opposition grounds for asking for a revue.........

Dunno - but that was the reason spouted by many of why he wouldnt say it at palace / the march / a game at withdean - why saying it on a matchday be any different?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Dunno - but that was the reason spouted by many of why he wouldnt say it at palace / the march / a game at withdean - why saying it on a matchday be any different?

I think it was all to do with JP coming out at the conference or on the day of the march and delivering the news everyone wanted to hear. It would appear that he was being unduly influenced by the political opportunity.

I don't think a match day would cause the same issue.

Roll on Monday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OTLW, assuming this is all correct (and I do trust you), I think you have achieved LEGEND status as the man who broke the most important news in the Albions history. Good work fella.

:clap:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
On the Left Wing said:
This information has come from a good friend and a lawyer (canot say any more without giving him/her away) who is also a football fanatic (tho not a Brighton fan). He/she has been VERY close to the civil service legal team giving ODPM advice on the Falmer issue. I trust him/her implicitly and he/she is VERY certain (something lawyers never are usually!). He took time out last night to ring me to tell me the news...

How appropriate: "Gayboys' stadium announcement leaked by transgendered lawyer!" Unfortunately, cover blown in last sentence, OTLW!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
OTLW, assuming this is all correct (and I do trust you), I think you have achieved LEGEND status as the man who broke the most important news in the Albions history. Good work fella.

:clap:

excuse me for RUINING the thread but are we going for celebratory drinks next week? :drink:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On the Left Wing said:
Hi guys

I am on a hotel dial up at £3 for 10 mins!

Had phone call 30mins ago from a trusted parliamentary legal source ... after deliberation from civil servant advice Yvette Cooper has said YES to Falmer!

Decision to be announced EARLY next week

I am now back to my after dinner tonic water!

Im sure your source will be o so happy you named her

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marc said:
excuse me for RUINING the thread but are we going for celebratory drinks next week? :drink:
I thought you'd gone cold turkey on the Cricks ? But yes mate, it goes without saying that when the official decision comes out, it WILL be celebrated in a local hostelry...I'm THERE

:thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I believe it too - but i wont celebrate until i hear Prescott saying YES.

I think the decision will be on tuesday - as i doubt they'll say it on a match day, to avoid the judicial review

I don't expect anything to do with the timeing of any announcement of a decision, or even that decision being leaked, would be grounds for a judicial review. My understanding is that judicial reviews are only about 'how' decisions are arrived at.

And I'll not be celebrating anything until I've heard the official news. Does this thread now mean that the board won't melt when it is announced?

Last edited:

Curious Orange said:
And I'll not be celebrating anything until I've heard the official news. Does this thread now mean that the board won't melt when it is?
I confidently expect that NSC on Tuesday will be mostly about the performance at Hillsborough and the abysmal ignorance of Sky's commentary team when it comes to knowing anything about Seb Carole and Alex Frutos.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Marc said:

That's not ruining it Marc, that's a great suggestion.
Where though? It would need to be a big place to fit us all in or are we all going to our favourite hostelries?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I thought you'd gone cold turkey on the Cricks ? But yes mate, it goes without saying that when the official decision comes out, it WILL be celebrated in a local hostelry...I'm THERE

:thumbsup:

I'll drink a ton of guiness down the PILOT if I had to celebrate a possible yes :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports