Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
fake slim said:
i think the answer is that no-one on her is sure!
stay tuned referee unless you're prosser in which case p1ss off

Some say I'm worse than Prosser :glare:

But I ignore the voices, and listen to the frogs....

Burn the nimbys...

..You were saying... Oh yes. Come on, and hurry up fatty :albion:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Rehash of old news but the person I speak to who has no personal tip or inside info (relys more on electronic access to info) sticks by tommorrow as the date. Apparently verdict known for over 2 weeks, just a matter of when released and no reason why not tommorrow. Apparently these releases can't be a Friday or Monday for logistical/staffing reasons. Sounds in line with the other leaks.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Being a Brighton copper, I heard some time ago within the job to expect an early heads up of the decision to prepare for post-decision celebrations or demonstrations. This week I have kept my ears well and truly glued to all my in force sources and have heard stuff all! Mind you it wouldn't be the first time we were the last to find out about something important. If I hear anything I might accidently have to let it slip to someone on the board!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
XooX said:
Being a Brighton copper, I heard some time ago within the job to expect an early heads up of the decision to prepare for post-decision celebrations or demonstrations. This week I have kept my ears well and truly glued to all my in force sources and have heard stuff all! Mind you it wouldn't be the first time we were the last to find out about something important. If I hear anything I might accidently have to let it slip to someone on the board!

If you really a copper and the decision is yes, please take the p*ss out of the other copper who posts on here and claims to be "in the know"

thanks....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
fake slim said:
working next to someone who is anti-falmer!!!!!!!

i'm leaving in a few weeks but if it's a no and i have to sit there and cry with his grinning mug 5 feet from me....oh i don't know what i'll do!!!!

It's simple really-you're leaving anyway so just staple the tosser's lips together :thumbsup:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Albion Dan said:
For f*** sake it sounds like no chance of being tomorrow.

Why do certain people have to go round posting rumours about when the announcement is, and just because they are worshipped within the happy clappy clique go around putting their reputations as a guarantee that it is as good as fact.

I could have started this post on Saturday and made this guess and at worst been a few days out as it so close to the line.

The difference is if I did it Id have got slaughtered.

The word that it is tomorrow has probably spread far and wide becasue of this thread and there will be loads of stressed and dissapoionted people if it doesnt happen.

I will take all this back if it is announced, then all, of course is forgiven.

:shootself

There is no guessing .... please read Yorkie and my posts again ....

The decision is YES (and that is the ISSUE!) and the ODPM legal team's guesstimate is the announcement will be made EARLy this week (FULL STOP)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Kalimantan Gull said:
The date doesn't matter, the decision does

Thanks KG ... and that is why I telephoned Yorkie on Friday from a retreat holiday where I had hoped to distance myself from life for a few days

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
On the Left Wing said:
There is no guessing .... please read Yorkie and my posts again ....

The decision is YES (and that is the ISSUE!) and the ODPM legal team's guesstimate is the announcement will be made EARLy this week (FULL STOP)

Well early this week is today is it not? This is just guessing that was posted as fact imo.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
fake slim said:
well i will be in an office with NO useful (land registry, credit search, brighton hip hop) internet access working next to someone who is anti-falmer!!!!!!!

i'm leaving in a few weeks but if it's a no and i have to sit there and cry with his grinning mug 5 feet from me....oh i don't know what i'll do!!!!

If, however, it's a yes, i'll cover my desk in brighton paraphernalia

seagulls :wave:

In my office the ignorance is shocking sometimes.. just last week someone said..and I quote..
"There's no point getting your hopes up for a new stadium at Falmer because it will not get anywhere - there will have to be a public enquiry if the application gets even that far"

I CORRECTED her... she was amazed.
Not as much as me though!!!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Albion Dan said:
Well early this week is today is it not? This is just guessing that was posted as fact imo.

This is what I posted yesterday:

"My guy in the wig and gown has spoken to the ODPM legal team again this afternoon and he is 100% certain the decision is YES to Falmer. (and as I have posted many times I really trust this guy and wish I could name him).

The timing of the announcement for ("early in the week") was the legal team's own guesstimate."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dwayne said:
DTG what time is the announcement being made this afternoon ???

wait and see

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports