Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
I have been praying for this situation. I know a lot of you don't believe in God or anything like that but I will tell you what I found.

You can laugh at me if you want but this is what I found. When I had finished praying I opened the Bible and it opened at this particular verse.

Ezra 6:22

For seven days they celebrated with joy the Feast of Unleavened Bread, because the Lord had filled them with joy by changing the attitude of the king of Assyria, so that he assisted them in the work on the house of God.

3 things in this one verse struck me - seven days, changing the atttitude of the king (the one in power) and assisting in building

I read this on Tuesday and have been contemplating whether or not to post it here.

So, the Feast of unleavened bread refers to us winning at Selhurst, does it?

;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BHA links said:
So, the Feast of unleavened bread refers to us winning at Selhurst, does it?

;)

Depends. Did anyone have naan bread that day :lolol: :lolol:

I read more as celebrating for 7 days. People have already said they would go out on Tues, Wed Friday and on Sat after the Ipswich game :D

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Depends. Did anyone have naan bread that day :lolol: :lolol:

I did :lolol:

It was my wifes Birthday (she wouldn't go the game after the near violence that we, personally, escaped). We went for an Indian, getting back in time to learn that we were 1-0 up!!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Bloody typical; the Chairman, the Board, the supporters, the politicians, the lawyers, the civil servants, the investors, the players all work their collective socks off for over seven years to get us a new stadium and then God comes along and takes all the credit. :thud:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hungry Joe said:
Bloody typical; the Chairman, the Board, the supporters, the politicians, the lawyers, the civil servants, the investors, the players all work their collective socks off for over seven years to get us a new stadium and then God comes along and takes all the credit. :thud:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Yorkie said:
I have been praying for this situation. I know a lot of you don't believe in God or anything like that ... You can laugh at me if you want but this is what I found. When I had finished praying I opened the Bible and it opened at this particular verse.
Just shows you: believe in God and you'll believe anything. But in deference to Yorkie and to test out the Good Book, I searched it for the following words: Falmer, Stadium, Prescott, Albion, Seagulls... And the results? NOTHING! In desperation I searched for YES. Plenty of YEAs but Prezza'a not exactly gonna say Yea Verily in a press release is he? However, all you sneering atheists can swivel on THIS:-

ROM 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? YES verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

A clear reference to the Lord's intended use of the Internet (also on CD-ROM for those who haven't heard [ie without internet access] at 10:18 on Tuesday, to spread our Good News across the World [Wide Web]. YEA!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie, PLEASE stop with this neck on the line bollocks. If you were sticking your neck on the line, you would be down the bookies now, putting your life savings on a yes.

Thanks for relaying a text that someone sent you and digging out a post from 2004, but it's all getting a bit smug now, this is an internet message board FFS no one cares about reputation.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
Yorkie, PLEASE stop with this neck on the line bollocks. If you were sticking your neck on the line, you would be down the bookies now, putting your life savings on a yes.

Thanks for relaying a text that someone sent you and digging out a post from 2004, but it's all getting a bit smug now, this is an internet message board FFS no one cares about reputation.

I don't bet Dwayne.

Jonathon Livingstone said:
Have a look at the conditions that were imposed to the granting of planning consent for Ashburton Grove.

http://www.islington.gov.uk/pdf/arsenalfinal/reportonconditions.pdf

This is nothing out of the ordinary for this scale of development so don't be too shocked by the number of conditions that will be applied to planning consent for Falmer.

This was a planning permission agreed by the local Council. The ODPM will probably be even more rigorous.

There are HUNDREDS of conditions and 59 pages of small print - about 24,000 words in total.

That's as long as some novels.

Last edited:

... and a small plea.

There is nothing more unappealing, in my view, than claiming that God is on Our Side.

Particularly, when this comes from the winners.

Personally, I rate the last four chapters of the Book of Judges as a counter to the argument that God intervenes in beneficial ways.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Falmer Decision

I happen to believe this rumour. But the rumour seems to be only Civil Service advice, not a Ministerial decision which are two seperate things. Being a civil servant myself I know a thing or two about briefing and advice to ministers. Civil Servants would set out the application for a new stadium, together with a number of different recommendations. These probably are set out as a straight forward yes , yes with conditions and no with alternative site. Advice to ministers would show these recommendations shown as most recommended to least recommended

This rumour suggests yes, or yes with conditions. Now most Ministers do follow their CS advice, but it has been known that they have not.

I'm not gonna count my chickens just yet, but it does look good.

Btw, I think it will be Tuesday

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Lord Bracknell said:
... and a small plea.

There is nothing more unappealing, in my view, than claiming that God is on Our Side.

Personally, I rate the last four chapters of the Book of Judges as a counter to the argument that God intervenes in beneficial ways.

Well, we can ignore the famine, disease, earthquakes, tidal waves and general human suffering he has bestowed upon us, because STOP THE PRESS! IT WAS GOD WOT WON IT!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
... and a small plea.

I haven't claimed that anywhere. What I am saying is that God revealed the outcome.
I believe it was all the hard work leafleting, posting, writing, sending flowers, attending games to get signatures etc etc etc that 'changed the mind of ODPM'

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
dwayne said:

well said dwayne!!

(get a grip yorkie)

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Even if it is a YES, I still wont be convinced until they actually start building it and will only truly be happy when the first ball is kicked !

For some reason I think there is still more drama to come!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports