Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Broadcast Capabilities

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
So now that Falmer has the green light does anyone know what kind of broadcasting will be done from Falmer? Some clubs broadcast games over the internet for a fee. As so many of us are not in England anymore this could be a bit of a moneymaker. Would not need to be a bunch of cameras, the feed from two ought to be enough.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
driddles said:
So now that Falmer has the green light does anyone know what kind of broadcasting will be done from Falmer? Some clubs broadcast games over the internet for a fee. As so many of us are not in England anymore this could be a bit of a moneymaker. Would not need to be a bunch of cameras, the feed from two ought to be enough.

I don't actually know. Might be worth asking the insider. Its true what you've said about other modern stadiums however.

Camera platforms above the crowd means we can physically fit more cameras in. If this leads to online broadcast I'd be suprised. I believe the rights have already in bought by other companies and after that Seagulls world show them. I wouldn't expect Seagulls world to transmit live.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I don't understand that logic. IP addresses can be checked to confirm the customer is not in the UK and the signal could then be sent. I watched the world series (baseball - yes I know it's not really the world) for $2.99 on my pc at work. All they need to do is confirm the customer is not in a region where they could subscribe and send the feed.

I am sure a Wednesday supporter over here told me he could get internet broadcasts with a 1 hour delay for a fee.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Do you have slingboxes in the UK yet (www.slingmedia.com) ? They are basically boxes that fit on top of your TV and you connect them to the internet. A code comes with the slingbox and one user can watch your TV on the net. That would get around the issue. Of course it does not provide any revenue to Sky or the club but I would pay someone a few pounds to watch Brighton games when they are on if anyone has a sling box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here