Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fallout 4

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I loved the previous games, and am excited about this one, but way past being bothered to pay £40 for the game on release day and then a further £25 for DLC afterwards. I made the mistake of paying full whack for the special edition of Dragon Age last year and was then horrified when the DLC was £12 a go (and I think they've now released three of them?).

Doubt I'll be able to hold out for the GOTY edition, but will at least wait until the main game is in a Steam sale, hopefully get the game plus expansion packs for £40 or less.
Check out g2a.com, a bit grey market as people re-sell codes for steam etc they dont want, you can buy for a bit extra a g2a guarantee to get your money back if anythings wrong with the code, apparently reselling gog.com codes is against gog rules.
New vages was great, can't wait for 4! Though will but it cheaper in the year

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Will have to wait til it comes down in price on Steam (about six months I'd say) but will buy it as soon as I can afford it, probably.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Reviews are all extremely similar.

Generally, high marks (8+ out of 10).
ALL of them say it's basically Fallout 3 V2.0 - which is fine by me.
There's no major revamps, a few small bugs, the odd annoying side-quest but a much richer story and busier/more detailed map/environment.

So in a nut-shell (after 5 reviews), if you loved Fallout 3 (or NV), you'll love Fallout 4.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Reviews are all extremely similar.

Generally, high marks (8+ out of 10).
ALL of them say it's basically Fallout 3 V2.0 - which is fine by me.
There's no major revamps, a few small bugs, the odd annoying side-quest but a much richer story and busier/more detailed map/environment.

So in a nut-shell (after 5 reviews), if you loved Fallout 3 (or NV), you'll love Fallout 4.

Be honest, would it have stopped you if the reviews were of a 4/5 sort of level? Hand on heart, I'd still have bought it.

Also, who didn't love Fallout 3? Do those people exist?!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Be honest, would it have stopped you if the reviews were of a 4/5 sort of level? Hand on heart, I'd still have bought it.

Also, who didn't love Fallout 3? Do those people exist?!

I bought the game before the reviews were published, so it wouldn't have made any difference at all.

I've watched the IGN and Gamespot video reviews which are worth a watch.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I bought the game before the reviews were published, so it wouldn't have made any difference at all.

I've watched the IGN and Gamespot video reviews which are worth a watch.

It looks amazing! Now working until 9pm to have tomorrow off, may need Wednesday too!

Gah, a plague on the house of whoever started this thread. Checked out the reviews and all great, so I've pre-purchased. What a fool.

Check out g2a.com, a bit grey market as people re-sell codes for steam etc they dont want, you can buy for a bit extra a g2a guarantee to get your money back if anythings wrong with the code, apparently reselling gog.com codes is against gog rules.

I ended up buying through Green Man Gaming - I've been on their site before but never purchased, and just as I was about to close the browser (as it was the same as the Steam price) one of their adverts popped up offering 20% off - so it was only £32 in the end. Just don't tell my wife!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It looks amazing! Now working until 9pm to have tomorrow off, may need Wednesday too!

I've got tomorrow afternoon off so I'll have the doors locks, curtains drawn, pizza on the way and finger banging all through the night (ooerrr!).

Didn't get priorities in order though, made plans with a female for the whole weekend. Stupid decision so soon after launch, she could have waited.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I've got tomorrow afternoon off so I'll have the doors locks, curtains drawn, pizza on the way and finger banging all through the night (ooerrr!).

Didn't get priorities in order though, made plans with a female for the whole weekend. Stupid decision so soon after launch, she could have waited.

I'm sure she'd understand if you rescheduled!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Also looking forward to Star wars battlefront. Looks quality

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Also looking forward to Star wars battlefront. Looks quality

Rise of the Tomb Raider looks awesome too.
I know I'll get slated for saying this, but Black Ops 3 is surprisingly good, best COD for a long time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Rise of the Tomb Raider looks awesome too.
I know I'll get slated for saying this, but Black Ops 3 is surprisingly good, best COD for a long time.

Thinking about the new COD game but i simply hate how futuristic it has become. This is why i'm not rushing out to buy it. I miss the proper world war 2 ones.

I have never brought any Tomb Raider games. I personally a fan of shooters. Looking forward to the new Doom game next year.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Thinking about the new COD game but i simply hate how futuristic it has become. This is why i'm not rushing out to buy it. I miss the proper world war 2 ones.

Same here, looking forward to next year's Battlefield.

Tom Clancy's Division looks amazing also.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012

I have never brought any Tomb Raider games. I personally a fan of shooters. Looking forward to the new Doom game next year.

The last Tomb Raider was excellent I'd advise you to maybe give it a chance in a year when its super cheap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here