Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Falling out of love...

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Having watched football over the Christmas break I'm very nearly done with the Premier League

1. Players are more intent on squealing when they're looked at than playing
2. Diving has hit a new low, start banning them for a long period. Start giving fouls for those that at least attempt to stay on their feet but gain no advantage.
3. Apparently being touched is now a foul
4. Having a "right" to go down is a phrase used too often
5. Pundits will not call out cheats
6. Ref's do not call out the cheats and in fact encourage it with awful decisions
7. Same refs as above make even worse decisions in slow motion videos
8. Managers (apart from ours) think everyone cheats but their players are angels
9. Pampering of rude managers like bin boy at Leeds who insists on staring at the ground and not speaking in English, in which he is fluent.
10. Bin boy being the best ever person to coach football yet he's not
11. Kane, Grealish, Zaha etc are cheats call them as so
12 Brighton's constant learning yet still failure
13. Players feigning injury only to then complain that the physio comes on and they have to go off. FFS book them for simulation
14. Penalties being given for any touch in the area or outside it!
15. Ref's believing they're superstars
16.Constant whining noises that are scouse acting as commentators
17. Love in of toothy at Liverpool, he like the **** at Spurs is only interested in himself
18. The delay in being able to celebrate a goal
19. Hearing a swear word and the apology thereafter ffs grow up
20 V ****ing A ****ing R and the useless pricks using it and then the useless so called experts who were crap refs telling us it was the right decision, it ****ing wasn't
21 Oh, and the fact Potter can't set the team up to see out a game.

Indeed. All of this and more sadly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
your first 4 points are what infuriate me most

And the endless backpassing in the name of 'possession '

So many games I've started to watch,then ended up losing interest or even turned them off

Point 14 also

You literally can't touch anyone in the area,challenging for the ball is basically considered a foul thesedays

The word 'intentional' has been replaced by the word 'contact'

There's no flow to matches anymore,the game is constantly being halted by players feigning injury

I actually thought VAR would get rid of the divers,but its just made the situation even worse

Players now know with even the faintest of contact,it will be given

Welcome to modern day football, shine ain't it :down:

I forgot the "clear and obvious" what a load of crap. Is it the correct decision yes or no?

And you're right the flow of the game. Watching Villa is such a start stop process. Some games, and here I will compliment Leeds do flow. Leeds do tend to try to stay on their feet and that is to be appluded

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I forgot the "clear and obvious" what a load of crap. Is it the correct decision yes or no?

And you're right the flow of the game. Watching Villa is such a start stop process. Some games, and here I will compliment Leeds do flow. Leeds do tend to try to stay on their feet and that is to be appluded

Your right about Leeds,very watchable, quite like watching Leicester too

Couldn't even be bothered to watch Wolves/Spurs last night

Strange,was looking forward to all this football

But more and more these days,I can take it or leave it

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Leeds haven't got into the 'Premier League' way of doing things yet. Give them a few more months....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Indeed. All of this and more sadly.

Forgot another one really pisses me off.

Subs that aren’t dressed ready to play. WTF is that about. Manager indicates your on 20 minutes later having got dressed another 10 minutes ensues while pictures of a ****ing football pitch are shown to the sub who then comes on and a minute later the final whistle goes.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Having watched football over the Christmas break I'm very nearly done with the Premier League

2. Diving has hit a new low, start banning them for a long period. Start giving fouls for those that at least attempt to stay on their feet but gain no advantage.
6. Ref's do not call out the cheats and in fact encourage it with awful decisions
8. Managers (apart from ours) think everyone cheats but their players are angels
9. Pampering of rude managers like bin boy at Leeds who insists on staring at the ground and not speaking in English, in which he is fluent.
13. Players feigning injury only to then complain that the physio comes on and they have to go off. FFS book them for simulation
17. Love in of toothy at Liverpool, he like the **** at Spurs is only interested in himself
20 V ****ing A ****ing R and the useless pricks using it and then the useless so called experts who were crap refs telling us it was the right decision, it ****ing wasn't

Top rant :angry:
I especially like 9,10 and 17 :lolol::lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Forgot another one really pisses me off.

Subs that aren’t dressed ready to play. WTF is that about. Manager indicates your on 20 minutes later having got dressed another 10 minutes ensues while pictures of a ****ing football pitch are shown to the sub who then comes on and a minute later the final whistle goes.

You’re on fire :bowdown:
Keep going !

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Got to admit I had to turn off the footie before half time. Couldn't stand the Villa diving anymore.

It's not just Grealish now, they're all doing it.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Got to admit I had to turn off the footie before half time. Couldn't stand the Villa diving anymore.

It's not just Grealish now, they're all doing it.

Fairplay to Bamford at Leeds tho'. The exception to that rule. He seems a decent bloke who doesn't
fall for all this diving etc,

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Out of interest, has anyone changed their mind now we've actually won a few games?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Most of my rants are still there. I've re-read them and impressed with myself.

I will now go further.

Some of what were considered penalties would now not be, especially the close to the line appears to now result in a freekick outside. Also I now believe the Connolly non penalty wouldn't be overturned so we are down on points. Think it is obvious the ref's have changed their decisions halfway through a season which just can't be right.

Leeds defence is awful yet never discussed, just irrelevant how many they let in they are always in the game. No they are not, they could and should have been beaten by at least 6 by a very average Arsenal.

No, just no team is missing it's supporters more than any other

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Out of interest, has anyone changed their mind now we've actually won a few games?

Not really. I miss the social side. Football, there are games I forget are even on, maybe it's to do with the lack of consistency in kick off times. Certainly the results changing has made no difference at all to my feelings.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not really. I miss the social side. Football, there are games I forget are even on, maybe it's to do with the lack of consistency in kick off times. Certainly the results changing has made no difference at all to my feelings.

I'll cheer you up

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-15 at 20.37.49.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I was the opposite to many on here, even when we were really struggling. We have been good to watch, even when we were conceding to every shot on target and missing sitters. I guess it does come down to do you want to be entertained or if the be all is winning, however dull and scrappy it is. I fall into the former camp, but to be entertained and win or draw is bloody fantastic (even if most games remain very frustrating)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Most of my rants are still there. I've re-read them and impressed with myself.

Think you'll have to scrub number 21 now though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here