Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Fall

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Film on Netflix about two climbers who climb one of those insane TV masts in the US for a thrill. I’m proper sweaty palms here. I know it’s a green screen but I’m not sure I can actually watch this!!!!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Below is copied from Film 2023 thread…

Spoilers abound for “Fall” (2022)

Bit late with this one but I watched “Fall” (2022) last night on Netflix. Completely ridiculous popcorn flick, with some dire writing and insane leaps in logic.

Two implausibly attractive young women, one an irritating social media influencer, decide to climb an abandoned TV tower. Each decision they make is more idiotic than the last.

I normally love these types of movies (The Descent, 46 Degrees Below, et al); and it was just that. A movie of its type, hitting every single beat and listing off genre cliches almost mad-lib style. Errr, errr… love triangle! Erm… boobs! Oh god, we’re losing their attention… quick, throw in a Shymalan twist!

So many questions about this one.

Why didn’t they fly down the phone attached to the drone? It wouldn’t matter as messages don’t automatically resend on an iPhone, once failed you have to press to resend. So the idea was f***ed anyway.

Why exactly couldn’t they get cell phone signal anyway? If anything the signal should be the best they’ve ever had.

What the hell happened at the end? Becky had a necrotic leg, severely dehydrated and hallucinating due to starvation. An extended hospital stay, no? Possible amputation of the leg. She leaves the scene within minutes of rescue to go home with her Dad. They were still bodybagging her annoying mate! I bloody hate those scenes where everything is okay at the end and the damsel is sat in the back of an ambulance with a blanket, then is suddenly fine.

So many questions, a really stupid movie. Fun at times, but utterly pointless.

5/10

Last edited by a moderator:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's a very annoying film. The uglier bird in it is very annoying with her video blogging and general tittery. It's stupid and the twist is stupid. It's all just really very annoying.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's completely ridiculous and horrible to watch.

Very enjoyable.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
For the real life, non-green screen insanity have a look at James Kingston videos. Climbing crazily high structures and cranes without any ropes or tying on. Almost unwatchable for me but somehow compelling too.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Watched this film a few months back, me and the Mrs both thought it was laughable throughout. I just remember the acting being really annoying and hoping they would fall.
If memory serves, the director and/or producer was responsible for 47 metres down, which was actually a decent film and the reason we wanted to watch this.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
While not the greatest film ever made the sheer concept of being stuck on one of those things and my general dislike for heights meant it terrified the hell out of me.

Perfectly fun popcorn flick but it’s not going to be winning any awards.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Below is copied from Film 2023 thread…

Spoilers abound for “Fall” (2022)

Bit late with this one but I watched “Fall” (2022) last night on Netflix. Completely ridiculous popcorn flick, with some dire writing and insane leaps in logic.

Two implausibly attractive young women, one an irritating social media influencer, decide to climb an abandoned TV tower. Each decision they make is more idiotic than the last.

I normally love these types of movies (The Descent, 46 Degrees Below, et al); and it was just that. A movie of its type, hitting every single beat and listing off genre cliches almost mad-lib style. Errr, errr… love triangle! Erm… boobs! Oh god, we’re losing their attention… quick, throw in a Shymalan twist!

So many questions about this one.

Why didn’t they fly down the phone attached to the drone? It wouldn’t matter as messages don’t automatically resend on an iPhone, once failed you have to press to resend. So the idea was f***ed anyway.

Why exactly couldn’t they get cell phone signal anyway? If anything the signal should be the best they’ve ever had.

What the hell happened at the end? Becky had a necrotic leg, severely dehydrated and hallucinating due to starvation. An extended hospital stay, no? Possible amputation of the leg. She leaves the scene within minutes of rescue to go home with her Dad. They were still bodybagging her annoying mate! I bloody hate those scenes where everything is okay at the end and the damsel is sat in the back of an ambulance with a blanket, then is suddenly fine.

So many questions, a really stupid movie. Fun at times, but utterly pointless.

5/10
"New NSC" has a spoiler tag which means you can post spoilers without spoiling it for others.

I added them to the post above.

When replying there are a list of post formatting options above the reply box. At the far right there are three dots for a further menu - it's in there.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Film on Netflix about two climbers who climb one of those insane TV masts in the US for a thrill. I’m proper sweaty palms here. I know it’s a green screen but I’m not sure I can actually watch this!!!!
I enjoyed it in a "how they gonna get out of this?" kind of way, just like (most) Bond films, and surprisingly they majored on mostly practical, non-green screen, building a 100 foot tower (the top of the mast) on the top of a mountain so clever camera angles gave that vertiginous feel of being 2000 feet up. It does look incredible, even if the premise and decisions made are debatable!

From a film making perspective (and one of my sons is currently doing a degree in film making) I thought this was fascinating. Obvs not really for those who have yet to see the film, as it reveals some of the secrets.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I've mentioned in the Film threads, I thought it was awful. Just a terrible film that has so many flaws in logic, physics, storytelling. It was a leading contender for worst film of the year last year for me. But then I went to the cinema to suffer through it, and I may have been more forgiving if I watched at home instead.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
This video always gets me, as someone who also doesn’t like heights. I don’t know how much they get paid for this, but it’s not enough.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Watched this film a few months back, me and the Mrs both thought it was laughable throughout. I just remember the acting being really annoying and hoping they would fall.
If memory serves, the director and/or producer was responsible for 47 metres down, which was actually a decent film and the reason we wanted to watch this.
The wonderbra removal was particularly unbelievable and dissapointing

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The wonderbra removal was particularly unbelievable and dissapointing
I’ve seen plenty of bras removed without flashing everyone and seemingly defying all logic and physics. Baffles me as a mere male.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If you looked past the obvious plot holes (not telling anyone what they were doing and when they were due back, only one back pack, minimal amount of water and hardly any rope) I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't aiming for best picture at the Oscars, it's a popcorn movie - amazing photography, some sweaty palm moments and a few jump scares - IMHO it succeeded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here