[Food] Fake street food coming to you real soon!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Maybe He needs to be a bit more customer focused My son went for a burger there at two minutes to 12 He was told he don't start until 12 A lost customer As a small business you have to move a little

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe He needs to be a bit more customer focused My son went for a burger there at two minutes to 12 He was told he don't start until 12 A lost customer As a small business you have to move a little

WTF. You’re exhibited quite a shocking level of entitlement with this statement. Couldn’t your son wait 2 minutes until opening time?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Return of the Quack! - Duck confit with pear and whiskey sauce, Brighton blue and toasted walnuts.

“The Shaman” Beef patty with honey bacon jam, sister Sarah goats cheese, beetroot ketchup, winter slaw and smoked onion mayo. £10

The Goatherd replaces the Smokey Mountain today. Beetroot ketchup, beer mustard, goats cheese and fried onions.

Beef patty topped with a beetroot and chocolate sauce packed with Carolina reaper chillies, smoked cheese, pickled chillies and crispy fried cavolo nero.

These are not 'working class' food.

I’ve not seen many working class types eating goats cheese a beetroot jam tbh. Bacon sarnie and some seafood bought in a pub car park maybe.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
WTF. You’re exhibited quite a shocking level of entitlement with this statement. Couldn’t your son wait 2 minutes until opening time?
Of course I feel entitled He was the customer he can spend his money anywhere It was also pelting it down If a small business wants to be a success Then it has to be customer focused Anyway he went and spent his money at buger brothers Where I suspect he will become a regular

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Your son sounds like the sort of customer most businesses can do without.
Out of interest do you run a small business Do you know how hard it is to find keep customers And by the sound of it the burger shed is suffering Despite having a name for a good burger He seems to be moving from place to place I will give him 6 monthes Before he closes

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
While I applaud people who try and do something differently this guy does seem to be his own worst enemy, and reminds me of Wolfie in Citizen Smith. The guys at Burger Brothers have succeeded where he has failed and there are a few places that offer good working class grub at good prices (close eyes and pretend you are Italian) e.g. at VIP. Wish there were more around but Mr Trollburger is a bit of a drama queen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest do you run a small business Do you know how hard it is to find keep customers And by the sound of it the burger shed is suffering Despite having a name for a good burger He seems to be moving from place to place I will give him 6 monthes Before he closes

I think this exchange says more about how entitled and impatient your son is, than Trollburgers business acumen. I am baffled why he couldn’t wait just 2 measly minutes.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I think this exchange says more about how entitled and impatient your son is, than Trollburgers business acumen. I am baffled why he couldn’t wait just 2 measly minutes.
Let Me put it another way It had nothing to do with waiting It was a case of the bloke coming across as a ******** Somewhere that my son did not really want to spend his hard earned money As he was there Would it have hurt him to throw a burger on Or at least explain why he couldn't Its a hard world out there as a small business And if you come across as a ******** People will spend their money elsewhere You have not answered me have you ever tried to run a small business

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trollburger is head and shoulders above competitors in a crowded market in my opinion.

I found the number of toppings a bit OTT but having found out he can be flexible about this, and he has a brilliant location (until May at least), I’m going to give him another go. After all, his Black Heart Burger was rather nice, and fun.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
What I miss, is the nacker van turning up at 10.30pm outside a lot of army barracks. Business was good when a load of beered up squadies required nackwurst, bratwurst, other types of wursts and chips with curry sauce......best ten bob of the week! (circa 1978-82)

Jul 7, 2003

Okay - so I have known the Troll for many years so when you give him 6 months, he has been trading for at least 8 years that I know of. You talk about moving from place to place. This last move is because the people who own the land opposite The Albert where he was trading kicked him and other traders off at very short notice. The Evening Star is currently a short term arrangement until he can find a more permanent location.

Prior to this, he started off in places like Street Diner, had a permanent space at the Wood Store before that was sold for development. He was then in the Hobgoblin for quite a while before trying to expand with a charitable spin off in other pubs which he then closed as he couldn't maintain the quality.

As for those complaining about beetroot, he only uses fresh, local, seasonal product. That's why his sauces are beetroot based in winter as tomatoes are a summer fruit.

Life is about choices. I prefer quality so would take a burger from the Troll or Burger Brothers any day but will not eat from McDonalds or BIK. If you want to give your money to the incredibly over priced Five Guys (in the US they are not a premium brand) then fine, but not sure why people on here seem to take great pleasure from knocking a local bloke who is trying to make a living?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Okay - so I have known the Troll for many years so when you give him 6 months, he has been trading for at least 8 years that I know of. You talk about moving from place to place. This last move is because the people who own the land opposite The Albert where he was trading kicked him and other traders off at very short notice. The Evening Star is currently a short term arrangement until he can find a more permanent location.

Prior to this, he started off in places like Street Diner, had a permanent space at the Wood Store before that was sold for development. He was then in the Hobgoblin for quite a while before trying to expand with a charitable spin off in other pubs which he then closed as he couldn't maintain the quality.

As for those complaining about beetroot, he only uses fresh, local, seasonal product. That's why his sauces are beetroot based in winter as tomatoes are a summer fruit.

Life is about choices. I prefer quality so would take a burger from the Troll or Burger Brothers any day but will not eat from McDonalds or BIK. If you want to give your money to the incredibly over priced Five Guys (in the US they are not a premium brand) then fine, but not sure why people on here seem to take great pleasure from knocking a local bloke who is trying to make a living?

Does he also offer unfussy burgers and cheeseburgers?

Ignoring the anti’s here, I’d like to give his fayre a go (with my 15 and 17 year old) ... imho it’s good to support a local entrepreneur.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let Me put it another way It had nothing to do with waiting It was a case of the bloke coming across as a ******** Somewhere that my son did not really want to spend his hard earned money As he was there Would it have hurt him to throw a burger on Or at least explain why he couldn't Its a hard world out there as a small business And if you come across as a ******** People will spend their money elsewhere You have not answered me have you ever tried to run a small business

Like [MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION] I have visited, known about and followed Troll from his very early days in that wood place behind what is now Brewdog. He’s always been a decent person towards me. I was in the exact same scenario as your son a few weeks ago, when he had a limited edition ox heart burger; I arrived a few minutes early to avoid disappointment as he only had 13 patty’s and I wanted one. I asked if he was open, he said not yet, I sat and waited and pissed around with my phone. Would it have “hurt him to throw a burger on?” Who knows. Did it matter he didn’t explain why I had to wait? Not at all. Maybe your son caught him on a bad day....but I have a suspicion your son’s attitude played a huge part in all of this.

overall he seems a decent and honest person to me.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Like [MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION] I have visited, known about and followed Troll from his very early days in that wood place behind what is now Brewdog. He’s always been a decent person towards me. I was in the exact same scenario as your son a few weeks ago, when he had a limited edition ox heart burger; I arrived a few minutes early to avoid disappointment as he only had 13 patty’s and I wanted one. I asked if he was open, he said not yet, I sat and waited and pissed around with my phone. Would it have “hurt him to throw a burger on?” Who knows. Did it matter he didn’t explain why I had to wait? Not at all. Maybe your son caught him on a bad day....but I have a suspicion your son’s attitude played a huge part in all of this.

overall he seems a decent and honest person to me.

I’m sure he’s decent and honest, he’s not going to make a great deal of money though, always on the move and when he reflects later in life he’ll realise most of it has been spent being angry...

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
9186F200-33DC-482F-A0E5-1C68A1191A42.jpeg

Make it simple

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Sounds like Victoria Market opposite the station in London. Anyone thinking about it, don't both. I spent £8 on a salt beef sandwich, for size comparison it was smaller than an iPhone (non plus size) and was mostly fat. Gave the whole place a swerve after that. Over priced, over hyped crap. Maybe they've never been to the hawkers in Asia and sampled real street food. Place probably owned by some marketing *******
5 minutes round the corner to Tachbrook Street near the Cask for a small hidden selection of street food and market at much beter value.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m sure he’s decent and honest, he’s not going to make a great deal of money though, always on the move and when he reflects later in life he’ll realise most of it has been spent being angry...

I’m not sure money is his chief motivator. Angry? He is combative on social media as he drives a food and political based agenda.... is this what you mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports