Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fake ID: did anyone attend the last CV19 match that shouldn’t have?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry M, but please explain how, by saying you knew someone, using an alias, would they know the vast majority of people's real name? Beyond a handful of posters, everyone's completely anonymous. It's not China!!

You started by asking if anyone here had broken the rules.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has given plenty of examples on here of how people really are nowhere near as anonymous as they’d like to be. We all leave digital footprints.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You started by asking if anyone here had broken the rules.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has given plenty of examples on here of how people really are nowhere near as anonymous as they’d like to be. We all leave digital footprints.

We do if the Police are investigating a priority criminal matter. But even then...

Anyway, back in the real world, how would writing "I'm aware of someone who used fake ID to get into the xxxxxxx match" lead to a) that persons identify being revealed b) said person being investigated and successfully prosecuted (without pliers, hot pokers and waterboarding being potentially used)? Equally, how would the club know hundreds of peoples real ID from their alias on NSC? That is, without [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] providing them with personal info they signed up with, and even then people use emails and false info signing up for websites all the time. It's not as if we give any financial info to validate real identities against. And that's before we get into data protection rights and whether or not Bozza's a 'snitch' ???:lolol:

Genuinely intrigued because I really don't understand how only a business (not law enforcement) could discover and do anything about in the above scenario?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a photo ID requirement. Unless it's a decent likeness how exactly do you see this working?

For sale: Brighton versus Southampton ticket. Due to photo ID requirement you will need to be a white bald middle aged Phil Mitchell looky-likey male. Females, and the other 1% of male supporters, should not apply.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not 100% sure but think you'll find using fake id to enter a licenced premises is a criminal offence, and the stadium has a licence.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
For sale: Brighton versus Southampton ticket. Due to photo ID requirement you will need to be a white bald middle aged Phil Mitchell looky-likey male. Females, and the other 1% of male supporters, should not apply.

How much ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Not sure if this will get you into a match at the Amex but it has a proven record when it comes to buying booze..

ea2646cad5a9ccff17f8d25a6ebc749d.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am aware that someone failed to get in because they were not the person named on the ticket at the test event, because it was mentioned on here.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20201202_195620.JPG

Erm........no......

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I downloaded a picture of Tony Bloom and fake passport so will be sitting with directors. With mask on no one will know. I`ll get there early and warn security someones been scamming me. Then when the real Tony turns up get security to kick him out as imposter.. I`ve done the same for Barber if anyone wants to come along. What can go wrong ??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I downloaded a picture of Tony Bloom and fake passport so will be sitting with directors. With mask on no one will know. I`ll get there early and warn security someones been scamming me. Then when the real Tony turns up get security to kick him out as imposter.. I`ve done the same for Barber if anyone wants to come along. What can go wrong ??

I guess they will need a mustard jumper and the ability to blather-on with an opinion on anything and everything and never admit to being wrong? Er, actually, hold on. Is the ticket still available?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We do if the Police are investigating a priority criminal matter. But even then...

Anyway, back in the real world, how would writing "I'm aware of someone who used fake ID to get into the xxxxxxx match" lead to a) that persons identify being revealed b) said person being investigated and successfully prosecuted (without pliers, hot pokers and waterboarding being potentially used)? Equally, how would the club know hundreds of peoples real ID from their alias on NSC? That is, without [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] providing them with personal info they signed up with, and even then people use emails and false info signing up for websites all the time. It's not as if we give any financial info to validate real identities against. And that's before we get into data protection rights and whether or not Bozza's a 'snitch' ???:lolol:

Genuinely intrigued because I really don't understand how only a business (not law enforcement) could discover and do anything about in the above scenario?

Be interesting if the ‘wrong’ attendee ends up getting a Covid track and trace isolation order as a result of attending the game.............

Getting caught isn’t so much a problem for the person attending on someone else’s ticket - problem will be for the STH owner who’ll get banned, possibly for a very long time. Certainly wouldn’t be letting anyone use my ticket in the current circumstances (even if they did look a bit like me on my passport photo).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am aware that someone failed to get in because they were not the person named on the ticket at the test event, because it was mentioned on here.

Thank you, at least shows checks are made even if not fake. Encouraging!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Be interesting if the ‘wrong’ attendee ends up getting a Covid track and trace isolation order as a result of attending the game.............

Getting caught isn’t so much a problem for the person attending on someone else’s ticket - problem will be for the STH owner who’ll get banned, possibly for a very long time. Certainly wouldn’t be letting anyone use my ticket in the current circumstances (even if they did look a bit like me on my passport photo).

Me neither, like you I’d foremost be thinking of the wider civil duty aspect but also yes, wouldn’t jeopardise ST.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here