SHOREHAM BY SEA
Give it 16 minutes...

7ac10930b01f155070f0864b8fa7f1f6.jpg

This doesnt look as promising though

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcpc1wp8v#?date=2020-04-28

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Similarly all these Covid-19 cyclists that have been clogging up the cycle paths and roads these last six or so weeks. Either do it all year round or piss off and get out of the way of those of us that do.

Well if you're on of those designer lycra clad, shaven legged road racers using the off road cycle lanes as their own personal fiefdom and charging along impatiently at speeds in excess of 20 mph with no means of alerting anyone of your presence then you can just do one. If the presence of more weekend cyclists and users has slowed you down, good. Use the ****ing road, the clue is in the generic term for your bike.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If it ain’t rainin’ it ain’t trainin’.

I’ll always go for my run whatever the weather but I wouldn’t walk in the rain unless I have to. I am a fairly serious walker, doing up to about 20-26 miles on a good walk but why do it in the rain?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Well if you're on of those designer lycra clad, shaven legged road racers using the off road cycle lanes as their own personal fiefdom and charging along impatiently at speeds in excess of 20 mph with no means of alerting anyone of your presence then you can just do one. If the presence of more weekend cyclists and users has slowed you down, good. Use the ****ing road, the clue is in the generic term for your bike.

Baggy shorts and no Lycra or shaven legs or road bike here. At what point did you think that a serious post? You sound more aggressive at your keyboard than the cyclists you’re trying to stereotype.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
There’s a bloke on our regular morning walk route on his front drive doing exercises with a skipping rope, stretches etc. Every time a walk by him I think to myself “ what a ****” why no do that in your back garden, or he probably doesn’t do it all normally.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Let's face it we'd get shit from someone whether we used the road or the cycle lane.

Agree with your general point though as my 4 year old daughter nearly got knocked over by a **** shooting along on a shared-use path yesterday who had a bell but didn't use it! I would, however, argue that these people are more likely to be fat twats on mountain bikes with a bag of shopping and a phone in their hand, rather than people with shaved legs wearing lycra.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well, exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quite like running in the rain. Better than the extreme heat (another good reason for the early morning runs) and the wind (too many bad experiences along the seafront).

They might all come flocking back now the rain has gone because it is currently – IMO –*perfect running weather...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Shirley we can all recognise that more people exercising can only be a good thing for all of us. Whether you are slow, fast, occasional or regular, Chopper or racer, jogger or marathon man it's all going to help address the obesity problem and therefore put less strain on the NHS in the long run. Be kind.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There has been a non-stop PARADE of people past our window over the last three weeks. A bit of rain this morning and no **** has been past in two hours.

I thought your daily exercise was essential?

TBF we walked up to plot this morning, no one else about apart from the refuse guys :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've not been paying huge amounts of attention since I posted that, but it seems to have not been raining here for a while now.

Just light rain currently ...not half as bad as anticipated and certainly nowhere near enough to stop me working

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, quite. This attitude is pretty unfair / daft.

If [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] lived round these parts he could have seen me walking locally during the day, with my wife, on each of the last 20 days, having never witnessed that previously.

Because:

A. I don’t normally NEED to walk the streets for exercise / fresh air, as I would normally be playing football or cricket, twice a week.

B. During the day I’d normally be at flipping WORK.

:shrug:

So there's a mock ranty humour point about part time and born again joggers, similar to how drinkers go on about part timers taking over the pub on New Year's Eve, not to mention some of the stuff in the media and on vox pops with enormous FATTIES claiming their jaunt in the sun is exercise.

But there's also the very serious point that, had we had three weeks of rain instead, we'd be much further on in the fight against the virus and you could be back playing football and cricket sooner. Today looks like lockdown. Last few days have been like the summer holidays.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley we can all recognise that more people exercising can only be a good thing for all of us. Whether you are slow, fast, occasional or regular, Chopper or racer, jogger or marathon man it's all going to help address the obesity problem and therefore put less strain on the NHS in the long run. Be kind.

I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
There has been a non-stop PARADE of people past our window over the last three weeks. A bit of rain this morning and no **** has been past in two hours.

I thought your daily exercise was essential?

Perhaps they are waiting for the rain to ease before taking their daily exercise. I'm guessing you are one of those 'I'm lucky I have a garden' types as you moralise at those who don't for daring to exercise once a day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here