Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair play Barton!

Will1995

Jan 14, 2011
Bexhill-on-Sea

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Fair play? Not really, irrespective of whether he's right, if he's prepared to show that much disrespect to a potential fellow team mate then he shouldn't be in the team. But then Terry is so maybe he will get a call-up.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
When I read this article, i was, probably like many others, thinking ''Here we go again! Barton making an idiot of himself yet again!'' But fair play to him, he's said pretty much what I and a lot of other people have for been thinking for a while, just no player has had the b*llocks to say anything!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/barton-drop-teachers-pet-barry-ndash-im-englands-best-midfielder-2264160.html

Couldn't disagree more, I think Barton comes across as as much of an ignorant dick as usual in this interview, just seems to be regurgitating what the press have been saying since the world cup.

The "We're too focused on tradition in England, like always having to play 4-4-2." is hilarious - when we play 4-4-2 everyone says we should play something else cos it's too rigid, and when we play another formation everyone says we should play 4-4-2 because English players can't play any other way. And either way we're an average team cos the players aren't good enough, not because of the formation.

Criticising Barry for being a "teacher's pet" is pretty childish too.

In his head he may be a world beater, but the reality is Barton is a very average player playing in a below average team, who shuldn't be anywhere near the England team.imho.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe if he was not such a liability then he might have had a sniff at the England team. You only have to read what he has just said to know that it is best that he has nothing to do with the national set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here