Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair fuel uk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Me too, something needs to be done, they are taking the piss.
To see that knob Norman Baker on the news tonight trying to justify it made me furious:tosser:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I paid 125.9 last night.
I drove past the same petrol station today and it is 127.9

Frightened to go out tomorrow!

:( :(

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they'll have to stop adding excise or they'll push inflation. allowing petrol to go up 10% is going to have a marked impact on it and the BoE cant really raise interest rates.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
they'll have to stop adding excise or they'll push inflation. allowing petrol to go up 10% is going to have a marked impact on it and the BoE cant really raise interest rates.

Interest rate will go up .5% by June. then 1.5% by end of the year - Things are going to get worse this year then hopefully start coming round middle of 2012. Here hoping anyway.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Lets face facts.

Oil is running out.

Hmm, I have sort of worked in the oil/offshore industry since the early 1990's although trying to make an early exit from it this year as I hopefully have enough local work not to have to put up with travelling to lovely Aberdeen & onto Oil Platforms any more.

As a consequence I have some knowledge about this subject and don't quite agree although I see where you are coming from.

As a non-recyclable resource you get out of the ground (as opposed to metals for example) then oil is 'running out' as soon as it has been refined for further use unless you want to hang around for a few million years for some more to be produced.

HOWEVER there is absolutely shit loads of it all over the globe (did you see tonights BBC Local News where there is an oil field under Foresthill near Emsworth which someone wants to exploit). There is even an existing oil field 2 miles from me on the other side of Storrington, which has been producing since 1998!

The question is how much are you willing to pay for it? At 2-3 times the current price of crude there are loads of unprofitable fields that could be developed, let alone all of the Oil Shales that have not really been exploited as yet.

At £5.00 per litre there will be oil for years to come....

Can you & I afford it - another question! ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here