Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Medina

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know he's been mentioned in the Levi Colwill thread, but maybe worth its own thread as we continue to be linked...

Argentine 24-y-o left-sided centre-back, who can also play at left-back. Currently at RC Lens, contracted until 2026.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Has a possible fee been quoted, Bozza? Sorry, I don't have time to read the article and shouldn't be anyway, as I'm at work. He'd presumably be considerably cheaper than Colwill, though, whether or not his transfer was tied up with Caicedo. Aren't Liverpool interested in Colwill now? They would easily beat us on wages, etc. (I haven't read that thread either).

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
His attacking and passing stats put him in the very top percentiles in European football. They're actually outrageous.
Defensive stats are very low, it's an extreme difference between attack and defence. Lens have decent possession though, 5th in the league so he might not have to actually do that much defending.
Given we are prioritising ability on the ball Vs anything else it's a big yes from me.
Top three comparable players- Sule, Hermoso and Alaba. Esteemed company.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
complete unicorn in terms of his ball-playing ability. only concern i have is his aerial ability. RDZ doesn’t seem to play a back 3 as much, and i’m not sure if i’d put medina in a CB pairing

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
complete unicorn in terms of his ball-playing ability. only concern i have is his aerial ability. RDZ doesn’t seem to play a back 3 as much, and i’m not sure if i’d put medina in a CB pairing
Wasn't that the concern around Lisandro Martinez at Man Utd? He was fantastic for them at CB, his brain more than made up for his being a very small man.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you're pulling it out of the Colwill thread, you really need to pull the song out, too.
"Fifty mill for Levi Colwill, no way says Bloom, I'm keener
On a guy from Lens, he don't drive no Benz, he's Facundo Medina"

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I’ve mentioned him a few times before… he’s great in that he’ll fit really well into De Zerbi ball really well, but can see him giving out free kicks in dangerous areas regularly.

Jimmy Grimble

He's got no worries, all the time that he plays,
Got that problem-free, philosophy
Facundo Medina

Fa-cundo Me-dina x 5
We must sign him now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here