Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook or Twitter?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I grew tired of Facebook. It was decent when it first launched. A good way to share photos, arrange events and so on. It turned shit when you ended up with people inviting you to all sorts of stuff like 'Am I fit?', Texas Hold 'em and all the other rubbish that was produced.

Twitter is good in fits and bursts. I follow a variety of celebrities that interest me - granted much of what they write is a bit dull, but you get the occasional gem of information. Following journalists and various news organisations is a good way of keeping track of things. I tend to avoid those that use Twitter as an extension of the 'what am I doing now' feature of Facebook. I don't care if you are hungry. Put something interesting and useful on it.

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
Facebook is more for keeping in contact with friends and seeing what there up to, where as Twitter you follow celebrities and stuff that interest's you so you will be more likely to read what is happening that your interested in.
I prefer Twitter as my friends also go on it and i follow stuff that interests me as well.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Twitter for me. Just don't have the time to give facebook a chance and have seen how it takes over peoples lives and can often land them in situations they regret, plus i don't have enough time to spend with my close mates as it is making more online "friends" is the last thing I need.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Facebook. Scrap the f***ing applications though!

Events, photos, chat and the wall/info are all great to link together friends.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Twitter for me. Just don't have the time to give facebook a chance and have seen how it takes over peoples lives and can often land them in situations they regret, plus i don't have enough time to spend with my close mates as it is making more online "friends" is the last thing I need.

Your obviously completely unaware of what facebook is all about then, you dont generally meet random strangers, you talk to your real life friends, its a good way of keeping in contact if, as you claim, you dont have enough time to go out to the pub or whatever

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Your obviously completely unaware of what facebook is all about then, you dont generally meet random strangers, you talk to your real life friends, its a good way of keeping in contact if, as you claim, you dont have enough time to go out to the pub or whatever

I thought the irony of me putting that part you highlighted on an internet chatroom would be clear to all. Maybe I need practice delivering such a dry wit :blush:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Twitter by some way - it's probably the most useful application I know. I use it a lot for work, something that I couldn't say about Facebook

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Facebook. My friends have become spread all over the globe, and I now live away from family and friends, so it's a great way of keeping in touch with everyone.

I use Twitter once a year to keep anyone interested in touch with an event I run, but otherwise have little interest in it.

Linked In suits me for work purposes. A good way to keep track of people I've dealt with in an increasingly mobile workforce.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I started using Facebook a year ago as a lot of friends at work were leaving and it is an easy way to keep in touch and also revive friendships that had lapsed. I use Twitter as a customised news/gossip feed with a mixture of political comment, sport, music etc. but don't tweet myself.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Facebook, as long as I make good use of the "hide" button

I really can't stand Twitter although apparently I'm supposed to love it because I'm a web developer.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The really big question - would you cut down on your NSC usage to devote more time to either...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here