Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Facebook - doing their bit for UK plc

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I don't know what you're talking about. The employees are being taxed aren't they? This thread is about Facebook (and other large companies) making millions/billions and not paying their share of tax.

We'll just be going over old ground. My point is just because Corp tax is lower doesn't mean tax overall isn't being paid.

In this case it is the (very wealthy) employees footing the bill which will have resulted in a higher tax bill than if Facebook had paid it directly themselves

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'll just be going over old ground. My point is just because Corp tax is lower doesn't mean tax overall isn't being paid.

In this case it is the (very wealthy) employees footing the bill which will have resulted in a higher tax bill than if Facebook had paid it directly themselves
Ah, you think that they've paid the profit to their UK employees and so the UK has been able to tax it. No, that's not what's happened. That £35m is not the UK's share of Facebook's $2.9 billion profit. They've moved their profit to other parts of their company, based in tax havens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here