Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Face Masks and Covid Passes to end in England from next Thursday

Keep Face Masks and Covid Passes or not?

• Yes. Keep the masks and Covid passes. They make me comfortable to live my life normally

Votes: 168 61.1%
  • No. Scrap the masks and Covid passes. They don't make any difference now.

Votes: 107 38.9%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
At the very least they could have kept masks on the radar until the weather warms up, say May . . .

As Icy just said, we'll probably be back in the Shit come Autumn.

I'll continue to wear one wherever I have to go and have my space invaded.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A decision made purely to appease the Tory backbenchers in an attempt to keep Johnson as PM, absolutely nothing to do with the science.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A decision made purely to appease the Tory backbenchers in an attempt to keep Johnson as PM, absolutely nothing to do with the science.

Pretty sickening to hear the cheers from the Tories backbenchers today when it was announced facemasks would no longer be mandated anywhere.

800 deaths in the past 2 days alone....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
While not a big mask or pass enthusiast it seems like a very rushed decision.

Is the right answer.

With the little numpkin spokesman (health secretary?) using the announcement on the radio to Big Up all the tory brilliance and victories in the war agains Labour. Sorry, I meant Covid :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Decision was expected really - the data are clearly pointing towards the wave having peaked, but it still feels a bit of an ‘impatient’ decision to me (no doubt influenced to some degree by Boris and his current - final - predicament) and waiting a few more weeks might have been sensible. Think the public view has however shifted a bit from needing to be told what to do so we might see masks continuing to be worn by many for a while - I know we will in confined spaces/shops/public transport. Given the level of vaccinations now I don’t think checking Covid passes has any great value - being vaxxed doesn’t appear to have a material impact on stopping transmission of Omicron anyway so that’s no big deal, it’s all about not getting seriously ill which thankfully the vaccine seems to have significantly reduced.

Still concerned for the vulnerable and how they are going to keep themselves safe as we remove all restrictions but you can’t restrict the vast majority to suit the minority forever.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did Sir Fence back it?

Come now.

This country is run by Johnson. The backing or not of the leader of the opposition is a bit like whether you approved of Potter's team selection yesterday.

But do carry whatabouting on. Love your work. :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Decision was expected really - the data are clearly pointing towards the wave having peaked, but it still feels a bit of an ‘impatient’ decision to me (no doubt influenced to some degree by Boris and his current - final - predicament) and waiting a few more weeks might have been sensible. Think the public view has however shifted a bit from needing to be told what to do so we might see masks continuing to be worn by many for a while - I know we will in confined spaces/shops/public transport. Given the level of vaccinations now I don’t think checking Covid passes has any great value - being vaxxed doesn’t appear to have a material impact on stopping transmission of Omicron anyway so that’s no big deal, it’s all about not getting seriously ill which thankfully the vaccine seems to have significantly reduced.

Still concerned for the vulnerable and how they are going to keep themselves safe as we remove all restrictions but you can’t restrict the vast majority to suit the minority forever.

No, not forever. But a few more weeks/months wouldn't have hurt anybody (except the anti-vax nutters).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weeks too late. If I knew omicron only really ****s up the unvaccinated antivaxxers (which is a good thing, innit? ???), then why not the goon squad? They have no idea about anything. Reminds me of the last days of 'back to basics' while shagging my researcher :facepalm:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Correct me if im wrong but i believe the new rules mean i have to wear a mask to tube it to Rottenham Hotspur, but i dont need one for the Falmer to Brighton Sardine train. Makes sense to me.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
He has clearly done it for popularity, knowing that most of the public will be sensible and manage their own lives correctly.

I think it's called smoke and mirrors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here