Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabricio Diaz

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Having done a bit of a search it appears he’s very highly thought of. Shone in the u20 World Cup. Defensive midfielder and didn’t play this weekend due to ‘an injury’. I think the injury is very similar to young Moises’ hamstring injury in his last week with Brighton.
Wonder if this spells the end of the Baleba interest or whether we would take them both?
Maybe Lille have priced themselves out of that one.
I feel certain we'd like two DMs. Alzate probably off, Ayari might go on loan. We need someone who can make 5-10 tackles, blocks and interceptions in CM. And if we need one we need two because we might be playing as many as 60 games.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Feels very Mac Allister-esque if indeed we are actually interested.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Deffo need some young legs and energy in midfield. It was concerning how easily our midfield opened up at the weekend. Gross, Milner, Lallana, Gilmour and Dahoud (albeit possibly not fully fit yet) all looking too slow at times when in transition. I felt we really missed the engines on Caicedo and Mac Allister.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You'd have thought it will be one of Baleba and Diaz we'll look to sign. Little point having two players similar age and similar position.

Having two (that we've heard about) realistic options enhances our bargaining position with both selling clubs.

I can see the need though for an experienced player, possibly on loan, to do a short term role in CM while we get our longer term prospect up to speed

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You'd have thought it will be one of Baleba and Diaz we'll look to sign. Little point having two players similar age and similar position.

Having two (that we've heard about) realistic options enhances our bargaining position with both selling clubs.

I can see the need though for an experienced player, possibly on loan, to do a short term role in CM while we get our longer term prospect up to speed
Whatever the final selection... they had better hurry up, time is running out, and more difficult games lie ahead.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Baleba is more box to box. He's different Diaz is much more a DM. Hopefully we will get both and then makes sense that ayari and alzate will be shipped out.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Whatever the final selection... they had better hurry up, time is running out, and more difficult games lie ahead.
Sounds like this one is close but Diaz argued yesterday himself that although there's interest (believed to be Brighton) - its "not yet concrete".

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
A word of warning before we all go too nuts about signing such a highly rated youngster from a poor league.

Kozlowski was similarly highly rated but has required several loans rather than stepping straight into the team. They won’t all be Caicedo.

For that reason it wouldn’t surprise me if we are hedging bets with both Díaz and Baleba. Makes sense to have two.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A word of warning before we all go too nuts about signing such a highly rated youngster from a poor league.

Kozlowski was similarly highly rated but has required several loans rather than stepping straight into the team. They won’t all be Caicedo.

For that reason it wouldn’t surprise me if we are hedging bets with both Díaz and Baleba. Makes sense to have two.
That bloke we recently signed from the Paraguayan Premier Divison has turned out ok.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Fair shout although captaining the world cup winners at under 20 level probably puts him ahead of kowzloski in potential stakes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Diaz is 20 though. Kozlowski was only 17(?). That's really very different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here