Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have, others keep mentioning him. I'm calling out the unwarranted abuse though. I have never resorted to that and never would. Against Albion fans, regardless of their (football related) opinions, it's just not on in my view.
Agree 100%.

There is an ‘ignore’ button if someone feels that strongly about an individual or thread.

With respect though Mustafa, I found the whole Potter narrative wearing as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, my bad.

I felt at the time we might not get the Yank, and that we would be all disappointed because we don’t get him.
”I hope I’m wrong” about that.
because I want him and his babies

We knew what you meant, I was just making a joke, but I think you misread it so it made no sense.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Only thing I'm worried about now is what insult to design Nike is going to have us wearing next season.
Please let it be a decent one, my 2013/14 effort is falling apart and needs replacing. Those that have the misfortune to know me (and those that don’t!) frequently rip the piss out of me for the name on the back of the shirt. So, keeping this in line with the thread I thought I might have ‘Danke St.Pauli’ on the back with the number 24 (this year), or F.A.B. or open to suggests from you lot. Shitface and Wanker will be politely declined. :drink:

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In case you wonder why all these ‘in the know’ transfer experts pop up all over social media getting big followings and pretending they’re breaking stories, just read through this thread! 😂

Bearing in mind we’re quite a patient fan base and NSC is mainly made up of middle aged supporters, the need for news and updates is intense! Just imagine what the kids are like! 😂

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In case you wonder why all these ‘in the know’ transfer experts pop up all over social media getting big followings and pretending they’re breaking stories, just read through this thread! 😂

Bearing in mind we’re quite a patient fan base and NSC is mainly made up of middle aged supporters, the need for news and updates is intense! Just imagine what the kids are like! 😂
Fair play to Fab he’s coining it in. Don’t get all the anger tbh

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Moin zusammen,

I have two things to add to former descriptions of Hürzeler:

1. His ability to get a team back on the run. After our 10 win serie, we lost twice and the far fetched target of promotion was gone. But he got the team back and we got 11 points out of the last 5 matches, including an away win at Darmstadt who wanted to celebrate promotion that day and had to postpone it.

2. We only got 1 point out of three matches against hsv. I am not sure what your equivalent is, but you shouldn't be too excited ;-)

p.s. my greeting is a traditional northern German one which Hürzeler adapted quite naturally and used in his press conferences. I will miss it.

I haven't read every post in this thread (my life isn't long enough) but has anyone actually looked at squad he had at his disposal at St Pauli and compared it to the rest of Bund2? Is this a manger who got a lot out of a mediocre batch or was he so blessed with quality that promotion was a minimum ask? Where were they expected to finish?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Clever from St Pauli. They know we want him in place for tomorrow to yeh or nay out June signings.

To @jackalbion ‘s point yesterday about getting this done. We need a manager in place if there are any pre 30th June bargains we are interested in.

Be mad as a player to join a club not knowing who the manager was or the system to qualify involvement

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I haven't read every post in this thread (my life isn't long enough) but has anyone actually looked at squad he had at his disposal at St Pauli and compared it to the rest of Bund2? Is this a manger who got a lot out of a mediocre batch or was he so blessed with quality that promotion was a minimum ask? Where were they expected to finish?
He took them from the brink of relegation to promotion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There’s a table way back in this thread somewhere of the league ranked by wage spend. They had something like the 18th highest budget, and won the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here