Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

He is no wallflower. The wildness Hurzeler once had as a player is still there in the technical area. He had been yellow-carded seven times by February last season and when St Pauli scored a last-minute equaliser against Fortuna Dusseldorf in the DFB-Pokal quarter-finals, he was left celebrating among supporters, having been banished to the stands. Supporters love him and embrace him for his passion. Opponents tend to be ruffled by him, though. As do rival coaches.

Hail Hurzeler!

:love: :love: :love:
Looking forward to the Fabbie touchline antics thread in August then!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Our club just cannot help itself going further and further to satisfy the God of Woke. In the week that saw the Allies commemorate the beginning of the end in WW2, the week that saw Sunak go out of his way to appear unbothered by the sacrifices of so many servicemen, TB and PBOBE are looking to appoint a Kraut to lead us forward.

Where will it ever end?

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Our club just cannot help itself going further and further to satisfy the God of Woke. In the week that saw the Allies commemorate the beginning of the end in WW2, the week that saw Sunak go out of his way to appear unbothered by the sacrifices of so many servicemen, TB and OBE are looking to appoint a Kraut to lead us forward.

Where will it ever end?
American, Swiss, Kraut, so he has a bit of both sides and neutral, could not be more representative and woke.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
At 31 this would be the first Brighton manager younger than me.

What’s scary is the game before his birth we beat Exeter at home at the Goldstone in front of 5.585 fans. Goals from Kennedy, Nogan & Clive Walker.
Wow.

If that was the game where Exeter brought on a 16 year old who looked about 10, I was there.

And the kid they brought on will be in an older generation than our new boss.

I’d say I need a lie down, but I’ve just woken up from one!

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
Exciting as it is I hope we can be patient if he doesn’t hit the ground running, likely to need time to get up to speed with the PL, and the improved tactics and opposition players are likely to be better than he has experienced before. Some tweaking of his own tactics will be needed too?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exciting as it is I hope we can be patient if he doesn’t hit the ground running, likely to need time to get up to speed with the PL and the improved tactics and players from what he has experienced before.
Although RDZ started with a great result away at Anfield it took quite a while for his first win and then we kicked on from there, so I’d say we’ll be patient.

The one thing that doesn’t seem settled is if he’s bringing a team with him. You’d hope we’d keep Crofts in the same role for some continuity

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
Although RDZ started with a great result away at Anfield it took quite a while for his first win and then we kicked on from there, so I’d say we’ll be patient.

The one thing that doesn’t seem settled is if he’s bringing a team with him. You’d hope we’d keep Crofts in the same role for some continuity

We’ll find out soon enough I guess but keeping Crofts would seem to make sense, and maybe Gross, if he stays, could start his move into coaching. Of all our older players and ex players he strikes me as the most likely to make a success of it.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Quite a few Albion managers have been younger than me, but I suspect this is the first one who could be my grandchild ! (He isn't BTW)
F*** me! He’s so young I can see myself coming down from the West Upper at halftime to change his nappy and give him a Farley’s rusk. :lolol:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Maybe it will, maybe it won't - but it's looking like 'will' at the moment. Fair enough, good luck to him (and us). I was never in the Potter, Potter, Potter! camp, but I wouldn't have minded at all if that happened. No worries, Fabian Huerzeler it is (pray for Warren though!) - will get behind him all the way (unless or until he f***s up of course).
Huerzeler's blue and white army, YAY! :thumbsup:

But one thing I won't be doing: trawling through the keyboard short-cups to find out how to do a f***in' omlaut!
You’ve been on too many ‘E’s though! :wink:

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
It was hard to move on from RDZ. It was very easy not to feel excited if the wrong man was appointed. However, this feels exactly what we needed to keep the momentum going. Can’t wait for the fixtures to come out and some new signings. Even if he does well I also feel that he could stay for at least three seasons before the big clubs come for him. If you are good enough you are old enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here