Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm sure there is an element of truth in that. He was demanding, tactically cerebral, emotional and you would never have known if you were starting from one game to the next. Not every player will warm to that for sure.

But as far as the fans went he was almost universally popular. Certainly starting to lose a few with the tactical errors and press conferences, but a good proportion stayed to wish him goodbye and he got a thank you banner.

Whereas Potter seems to divide the fanbase pretty much in half.
I'd hazard a guess that RDZ may lose a few friends here in the future. He's likely to end up in a big job at some point and the recruitment strategy that has been in conflict with our way of doing things seems like it may lean more towards Micky Adams' approach of signing players that have done it for him in the past. If he ended up at, for instance Man Utd, would we be fending off approaches for a few of our players?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've not gone through the thread, but have we established how Hurtzeler is pronounced ?

Hurt-zler
Hurt-ze-ler

One or two syllables ? I'm leaning towards the former, but I'd like to know before I make a FOOL of myself.

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
I'd hazard a guess that RDZ may lose a few friends here in the future. He's likely to end up in a big job at some point and the recruitment strategy that has been in conflict with our way of doing things seems like it may lean more towards Micky Adams' approach of signing players that have done it for him in the past. If he ended up at, for instance Man Utd, would we be fending off approaches for a few of our players?
Not sure he will, did he make any comments about any of the current squad deserving a move to a BIG club? Maybe Pedro from memory. Nothing like the ones he kept making about Ali Mac and Moises so if the club he joins is big enough he may try and get them?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It would be good to take a bit of the heat out of these discussions. Let's all remember that none of us know anything.

We don't definitely know why RDZ left;
We don't know what the process has been to plan his replacement;
We don't know who, if anyone, we've approached;
We don't know what their responses were;
We don't know whether Hurzeler is a serious candidate; but if he is:
We don't know whether he is interested;
We don't know whether he'd get a work permit;
We don't know how things would go if he were appointed.

We've read press reports, we have our own guesses, but if we boil it down to the brass tacks, we know very little about what's going on. In the circumstances this can lead to frustration and worry, and those can lead to snapping at those whose assumptions do not match our own. Let's remember that Tony Bloom has appointed six managers in his time at the club:

Poyet, (Promotion and play offs),
Garcia (play offs),
Hyypia (struggled),
Hughton (avoided relegation, Play offs, then promotion, then avoiding relegation)
Potter (Record highest finish) &
De Zerbi (New record highest finish and Europe).

He's got a very good record for making the right appointments. We don't know what's happening, but unlike a lot of fans of other clubs, we can trust that we have someone who knows what he's doing. He'll get us a new coach. It won't guarantee success, but it'll sure be an interesting ride. Let's enjoy the scenery it and not get snippy with each other because we each want to be in charge of the map reading.
At last. Someone with a bit of sense!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've not gone through the thread, but have we established how Hurtzeler is pronounced ?

Hurt-zler
Hurt-ze-ler

One or two syllables ? I'm leaning towards the former, but I'd like to know before I make a FOOL of myself.
Hazing worked for many years with a Swiss German called (Peter) Hurzeler - I can confidently state that the latter is correct.

The T is (almost) silent, though.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Let's remember that Tony Bloom has appointed six managers in his time at the club:

Poyet, (Promotion and play offs),
Garcia (play offs),
Hyypia (struggled),
Hughton (avoided relegation, Play offs, then promotion, then avoiding relegation)
Potter (Record highest finish) &
De Zerbi (New record highest finish and Europe).

He's got a very good record for making the right appointments. We don't know what's happening, but unlike a lot of fans of other clubs, we can trust that we have someone who knows what he's doing. He'll get us a new coach. It won't guarantee success, but it'll sure be an interesting ride. Let's enjoy the scenery it and not get snippy with each other because we each want to be in charge of the map reading.
I'm recycling a post from earlier here, but what you're really saying is...

1717758009839.png

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Give me joy in my heart, keep us pressing,
Give me joy in my heart, great play
Give me joy in my heart, he's a blessing
Keep us playing the new Brighton way.

(Chorus)
Sing Hurzeler, sing Hurzeler,
Sing Hurzeler he's the king of kings
Sing Hurzeler, sing Hurzeler,
Sing Hurzeler he's the king

He doesn’t - he is not interested in proper discussion - just to derail the thread with endless baiting comments about Potter and just trying to start silly arguments. Over 50 posts (more than anyone else) and not one constructive post about the thread topic - just trying to play the posters.

Just ignore. The potter gimps will soon learn.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
This seems a bit more certain that he's number one candidate....sky sports usually pretty good
I dunno. It was factually incorrect. If you include caretakers he'd only be the second youngest premier league manger by my reckoning.

Sloppy reporting...

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Club will love that coverage of Potter making the decision
I dislike the fella more and more, so glad he is not coming back.

I suspect it is tactical, in that he can put it out there that he is not interested implying that we have approached him and keeping his name relevant and current, also saying he is better than us.

I do tend to read too much into things sometimes though, so ignore me, I am probably way off the mark.

I still don't like the bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here