[Albion] FAB Euro Ticketing meeting

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Good list of questions there.

I know when I had a meeting with the club a while back on a ticketing matter, they mentioned that STHs and 1901ers were not guaranteed their own seats for European games because of UEFA's requirement for tickets for their officials and sponsors etc.

In reality, this won't be a huge number of seats, but now we know which competition we are in, do the club now know what requirements they will need to meet, how many STH/1901 tickets may be required and how any fans who have to give up "their seat" will be accommodated elsewhere?
Do you think its SW corner STH that may have to move?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I believe Southampton took 8k away in the group games as like us were seen as small fry in the competition by other regular Europa league clubs and could get larger allocations. Maybe the rules have since changed.

Now that would be bloody excellent. I really do hope the club is going to try and maximise the number of tickets we get allocated. Some teams might appreciate having 5000 in the away end boosting ticket revenue? Could definitely shift that many or more for some destinations.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I may be wrong on this but i seem to remember Newcastle taking 10000 odd fans to Italy one year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I may be wrong on this but i seem to remember Newcastle taking 10000 odd fans to Italy one year.
Frankfurt took 30,000 to the Camp Nou season before last.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They were playing one the Milan teams.....think it was Inter. They won't use the end of the ground that is the AC so they got the whole thing.

Question for the FAB - will alcohol be on sale in the ground for the European games? Several years back my company had Arsenal season tickets and they invariably didn't get used for midweek games so I used to go to a fair few games including European nights. I seem to recall they weren't allowed to sell alcohol despite Heineken/Amstel being one of the main sponsors.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've 320 points. I've that many because I've put in the miles. I've also seen every home friendly (I note the Rayo game is struggling to fill two lower stands). No trains, no excuse. I've done the 4 am returns in the snow and for that reason I intend to go to every away European game. If, for any reason, the club decide I cant go because someone with lower points than me should be given the opportunity, then I'll never step foot in the Amex again.
BUT I believe that wont happen. I've faith in PBOBE.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They were playing one the Milan teams.....think it was Inter. They won't use the end of the ground that is the AC so they got the whole thing.

Question for the FAB - will alcohol be on sale in the ground for the European games? Several years back my company had Arsenal season tickets and they invariably didn't get used for midweek games so I used to go to a fair few games including European nights. I seem to recall they weren't allowed to sell alcohol despite Heineken/Amstel being one of the main sponsors.
Highly unlikely bearing in mind the law banning consumption of alcohol in sight of the pitch is a UK law.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I've 320 points. I've that many because I've put in the miles. I've also seen every home friendly (I note the Rayo game is struggling to fill two lower stands). No trains, no excuse. I've done the 4 am returns in the snow and for that reason I intend to go to every away European game. If, for any reason, the club decide I cant go because someone with lower points than me should be given the opportunity, then I'll never step foot in the Amex again.
Given the debacle over people harvesting points last season, the implication from that is that the club want to play everything by the book when it comes to loyalty and ticket allocation, so I'd be absolutely staggered if they did anything for EL games that deviated from that at all.

In short, you'll be fine.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Highly unlikely bearing in mind the law banning consumption of alcohol in sight of the pitch is a UK law.
That isn’t what he said / asked

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How do you feel about 7-year old kids missing out on a free shirt because their old man was too disorganised to register their kid in time to qualify for it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports