Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAB Euro Ticketing meeting

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was kind of hoping that the home games would be like higher profile cup games where we have sold out but tickets are relatively easy to get hold of.

With 5% away tickets up grabs I'd imagine the home fixtures will be near impossible to get tickets for and potentially the most in demand home tickets in our history.
With a 5% away allocation there will be more tickets available than for a normal home game…..even after the UEFA freeloaders have taken their share. They’ll be on school nights with the usual travel issues so should be plenty available for non STHs I reckon.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Barry, thanks for coming here and asking.

I'd suggest two questions, both in anticipation of demand for away tickets likely to exceed supply:

1. (as someone suggested elsewhere) will they agree to offer each of our group stage opponents a reciprocal deal, where the away team gets 10% of capacity in tickets, rather than the mandated 5%? And to carry on offering this if we make it to knockout stages, if it's a success?
2. will the club work out a way of giving a larger number of fans who follow the Albion away a chance to attend *one* away game during the group stage? Let's say we have three games, with 2000 tickets, 1500 and 900 tickets because of the varying size of the grounds: either 2000 fans get to see the Albion away in Europe (if they use the same approach as for domestic away games), or up to 4400. Those with the most points should get first dibs on which game they choose, of course.

I'm interested in how other away fans feel about my second suggestion here. I know so many people who want to be able to see one Albion game in Europe :)
While I accept that’s lots of people would like to go, the reason the points system is fair is because it rewards people who put in the miles. Who travelled with the club when no one else would. These people shouldn’t be pushed out the way for other fans who just fancy the trip.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Thanks for pulling these together.

Must admit i just assumed the club would sell a 3 match Season tickrt available to, er, STHs. Perhaps it's not that simple

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Given the work that would need to be done on segregation of the seats and concourses you can probably rule that one out.
Not that I’m for or against it, but I do remember in early Amex days saying they could segregate any part of the stadium, but I may have misheard.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With a 5% away allocation there will be more tickets available than for a normal home game…..even after the UEFA freeloaders have taken their share. They’ll be on school nights with the usual travel issues so should be plenty available for non STHs I reckon.
You can guarantee the southern rail fun police are eyeing up a few strike days on top

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Barry, thanks for coming here and asking.

I'd suggest two questions, both in anticipation of demand for away tickets likely to exceed supply:

1. (as someone suggested elsewhere) will they agree to offer each of our group stage opponents a reciprocal deal, where the away team gets 10% of capacity in tickets, rather than the mandated 5%? And to carry on offering this if we make it to knockout stages, if it's a success?
2. will the club work out a way of giving a larger number of fans who follow the Albion away a chance to attend *one* away game during the group stage? Let's say we have three games, with 2000 tickets, 1500 and 900 tickets because of the varying size of the grounds: either 2000 fans get to see the Albion away in Europe (if they use the same approach as for domestic away games), or up to 4400. Those with the most points should get first dibs on which game they choose, of course.

I'm interested in how other away fans feel about my second suggestion here. I know so many people who want to be able to see one Albion game in Europe :)
The second point is up there for the stupidest post I’ve seen in some time.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
This is the Europea League not the Champions League - whilst we are excited by European tour for a lot of clubs across Europe this is normal season and for all we are getting bigger we ain’t Man Utd or Liverpool so not the greatest job. I expect if we get games against teams with big stadiums we aren’t going to see away games sold out. Whether club asks for more tickets will be interesting. will we even sell out home games against an unknown team / lesser known team?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
While I accept that’s lots of people would like to go, the reason the points system is fair is because it rewards people who put in the miles. Who travelled with the club when no one else would. These people shouldn’t be pushed out the way for other fans who just fancy the trip.
I agree with the first part. However, I did those games that no one wanted to, but I moved away before we made it to the Premier League as I'm sure a few others here did, so I've lost almost all my loyalty points. The scheme doesn't cover this. :)

Sucks to be me, but those with higher loyalty points should absolutely be given first dibs.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I agree with the first part. However, I did those games that no one wanted to, but I moved away before we made it to the Premier League as I'm sure a few others here did, so I've lost almost all my loyalty points. The scheme doesn't cover this. :)

Sucks to be me, but those with higher loyalty points should absolutely be given first dibs.
Yeah fair point, they’ve always been the ones who’ve been left out, which is a shame, I know Bournemouth do their away points regardless if you have a season ticket. I hate the term “loyalty” points as it doesn’t really prove loyalty. It would be mental if those who went to Newcastle on a thursday last season were shunted for somebody who fancies the trip.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
It would be a great opportunity to move away fans into the East Stand and have our own supporters behind both goals.
If it the trial works do it for all games?
Is this different to when Brighton fans were slagging off Palace for moving long standing existing ST holders from the middle of the Holmsdale to accommodate the hoodies?
As someone that has held a ST in E1B since opening day I’d be interested to hear the difference.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thanks for pulling these together.

Must admit i just assumed the club would sell a 3 match Season tickrt available to, er, STHs. Perhaps it's not that simple
I assume that they'll treat it like any cup competition, ie STH get first dibs on their seat. Should be easy enough as they'll know the fixture dates well in advance for the group games.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is this different to when Brighton fans were slagging off Palace for moving long standing existing ST holders from the middle of the Holmsdale to accommodate the hoodies?
As someone that has held a ST in E1B since opening day I’d be interested to hear the difference.
There is no difference. I really don't get why people suggesting it think it will make a big difference especially when the North Stand can't get their act together sing the same bloody chant!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't forget we may have a 5.45pm (or what ever the early time is) kick off which may well mean whose that can't leave work early having to give that game a miss

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I believe Southampton took 8k away in the group games as like us were seen as small fry in the competition by other regular Europa league clubs and could get larger allocations. Maybe the rules have since changed.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
So is it going to be a scramble when tickets go on sale for home games, with a queuing system so you could end up anywhere, or will the loyalty points system come into play for a home game
I may be wrong but I really don’t think the home EL group games are going to be hard to get a ticket for, and certainly not if you’re an ST holder or MA+ member. There’s a novelty value in seeing the first EL games at the Amex but they’re Thursday night games and live on TV. Even Liverpool in the FA Cup last year took awhile to sell out, and the tickets were reduced in price. If we’re drawn against Rangers or one of the really big names in the opening rounds, ok, they’ll sell briskly. But if it’s a side from Cyprus or the Faroes etc., I think you’ll be ok.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
No, I'm just saying give it a trial run for three games.
If it works great, if it doesn't at least we've given it an opportunity.
It's completely different to the Palace situation which you could argue has worked by creating a better atmosphere.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It would be a great opportunity to move away fans into the East Stand and have our own supporters behind both goals.
If it the trial works do it for all games?
Away fans should go in west stand so they’re not prominent for the tv cameras. Really don’t want away fans being shown on tv for our home matches.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
No, I'm just saying give it a trial run for three games.
If it works great, if it doesn't at least we've given it an opportunity.
It's completely different to the Palace situation which you could argue has worked by creating a better atmosphere.
Well as you put it like that I’m sure me and my family will be more than happy to give up the seats we’ve had for over 10 years.

Will this improved atmosphere compose of a drum?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Don't forget we may have a 5.45pm (or what ever the early time is) kick off which may well mean whose that can't leave work early having to give that game a miss
Don't think English clubs ever get an early home KO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here