[Albion] FAB Euro Ticketing meeting

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Barry, thanks for coming here and asking.

I'd suggest two questions, both in anticipation of demand for away tickets likely to exceed supply:

1. (as someone suggested elsewhere) will they agree to offer each of our group stage opponents a reciprocal deal, where the away team gets 10% of capacity in tickets, rather than the mandated 5%? And to carry on offering this if we make it to knockout stages, if it's a success?
2. will the club work out a way of giving a larger number of fans who follow the Albion away a chance to attend *one* away game during the group stage? Let's say we have three games, with 2000 tickets, 1500 and 900 tickets because of the varying size of the grounds: either 2000 fans get to see the Albion away in Europe (if they use the same approach as for domestic away games), or up to 4400. Those with the most points should get first dibs on which game they choose, of course.

I'm interested in how other away fans feel about my second suggestion here. I know so many people who want to be able to see one Albion game in Europe :)
Sorry, but those fans who won’t have the points to see us in Europe should have put the time/effort/cash into doing the same as those with decent loyalty points have! Doubt many will go to all 3 but no way should any of the EL aways be anything other than same loyalty point system for any other away game, with those having most points getting first dibs on all games.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Surely the existing loyalty points system is the only way for the European Away tickets?

Unless you have a ballot 🤷‍♂️

A ballot is crap - especially for European travel where you want to be able to travel / stay / holiday in groups of family and friends.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry, but those fans who won’t have the points to see us in Europe should have put the time/effort/cash into doing the same as those with decent loyalty points have! Doubt many will go to all 3 but no way should any of the EL aways be anything other than same loyalty point system for any other away game, with those having most points getting first dibs on all games.
You're rather blunt in how you've put your point across, but you are correct.

Abandoning the long-standing loyalty points priority process, even in part, for what may be the most sought after Albion tickets in history wouldn't be correct, and I say that as someone who may miss out completely due to having been to relatively few away games over the last couple of seasons for various reasons.

Those who have put the time, money and effort in should have their chance and the rest of us can fight over any scraps that are left.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It's an interesting idea but logistically sounds like a lot of work and would properly piss off those at the top of the loyalty point tree.

The England way of doing things is 70% of tickets goes to the top point holders then the remaining 30% goes in a ballot to everyone else who applies. That could be viable but again it would take some working out and the club aren't going to have a huge amount of time to put in place (because the ticket office are busy writing names on tickets....but that's another issue).

It doesn't work very well. You have no choice and it's a ballache. Malta was a perfect example. England fans were plotted up all over the country but had to get to one hotel St Julians which was nowhere near the ground consequently St Julians became completely mobbed on match day.

If I'm going abroad I want to taking in the local culture (sat in a bar getting pissed) not queuing up to get a ticket.
I thought it’s been excellent. Granted I didn’t go to Malta, but every time I’ve been away with England, I’ve not waited more than 10 minutes to collect my ticket.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Surely the existing loyalty points system is the only way for the European Away tickets?

Unless you have a ballot 🤷‍♂️
If they have a ballot there will rightly be a riot. I’ve trekked across this country for my hard earned points to be used away in Kosovo, not given to some part time JCL

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure if covered elsewhere, but would be interested to know if they are planning any official excursions and if a day trip will be an option as well as a long er trip. England used to do this but were constantly let down by the travel providers. I am sure it will be dependant or who we play and where but would like to know if this is being considered or already dismissed given the difficulty and potential exposure of this to the club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
England fans were plotted up all over the country but had to get to one hotel St Julians which was nowhere near the ground consequently St Julians became completely mobbed on match day.
Maybe go earlier to collect the ticket? I’m sure the club could dish out the tickets day before as well as match day.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Barry, thanks for coming here and asking.

I'd suggest two questions, both in anticipation of demand for away tickets likely to exceed supply:

1. (as someone suggested elsewhere) will they agree to offer each of our group stage opponents a reciprocal deal, where the away team gets 10% of capacity in tickets, rather than the mandated 5%? And to carry on offering this if we make it to knockout stages, if it's a success?
2. will the club work out a way of giving a larger number of fans who follow the Albion away a chance to attend *one* away game during the group stage? Let's say we have three games, with 2000 tickets, 1500 and 900 tickets because of the varying size of the grounds: either 2000 fans get to see the Albion away in Europe (if they use the same approach as for domestic away games), or up to 4400. Those with the most points should get first dibs on which game they choose, of course.

I'm interested in how other away fans feel about my second suggestion here. I know so many people who want to be able to see one Albion game in Europe :)
2. Should be off the table.

Yes I accept that may fans will want to see Brighton in Europe, but there is an existing loyalty points system in place.
If we bin this for Europe what next, lots of fans want to go to Brentford away but due to the low capacity and only having a small number of points, they should be given first choice of attending over someone who has 400+ points because its only fair for a glamour game.

Anything other than the existing points system for the group game sin Europe and PBs inbox will explode. If we get to the final in Dublin, then a slightly different approach to reward those that have travelled to more of the away European games would be more acceptable providing it is announced before we play our first game in Europe.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
You're rather blunt in how you've put your point across, but you are correct.

Abandoning the long-standing loyalty points priority process, even in part, for what may be the most sought after Albion tickets in history wouldn't be correct, and I say that as someone who may miss out completely due to having been to relatively few away games over the last couple of seasons for various reasons.

Those who have put the time, money and effort in should have their chance and the rest of us can fight over any scraps that are left.
I'm the same. Handful of aways each season and so will be on the edge and hoping to snatch something (or through some other means!) But wouldn't feel comfortable getting one through a random ballot or some other contrived nonsense.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's an interesting idea but logistically sounds like a lot of work and would properly piss off those at the top of the loyalty point tree.

The England way of doing things is 70% of tickets goes to the top point holders then the remaining 30% goes in a ballot to everyone else who applies. That could be viable but again it would take some working out and the club aren't going to have a huge amount of time to put in place (because the ticket office are busy writing names on tickets....but that's another issue).

It doesn't work very well. You have no choice and it's a ballache. Malta was a perfect example. England fans were plotted up all over the country but had to get to one hotel St Julians which was nowhere near the ground consequently St Julians became completely mobbed on match day.

If I'm going abroad I want to taking in the local culture (sat in a bar getting pissed) not queuing up to get a ticket.
I see the point, and one thing I will say is normally we do 2 nights for an England game and the pick up is normally day before / day of. Brighton won’t do that and day of the game only could be busy. But I’d just hate to find out the system is abused with tickets being passed on if this is our only European football for a while

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Was kind of hoping that the home games would be like higher profile cup games where we have sold out but tickets are relatively easy to get hold of.

With 5% away tickets up grabs I'd imagine the home fixtures will be near impossible to get tickets for and potentially the most in demand home tickets in our history.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It would be a great opportunity to move away fans into the East Stand and have our own supporters behind both goals.
If it the trial works do it for all games?
I have no idea why people think this would be a good idea. Why give them better seats, and still in full view of the TV cameras in WSU?
If you really worry about things like that - I would go for SW corner, but can't really get excited about it one way or another.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I have no idea why people think this would be a good idea. Why give them better seats, and still in full view of the TV cameras in WSU?
If you really worry about things like that - I would go for SW corner, but can't really get excited about it one way or another.
If we are going to put away fans in the corner of the West or East Stand not sure they are better seats. It's only 1,500 fans not the normal 3,000 for domestic games
For me I just feel fans behind each end of the goal would create a better atmosphere.
Also over the years it has been much mooted so why not give it a go for the sake of three games.
If it doesn't work at least the idea had been trialed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports