Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Trophy Final

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Me and Superwife are, together with Lord Bracknell. My brother (the technical brain behind oldfootballshirts.com) and sis in law are flying over from Cyprus for the game as we speak. I shall be resplendent in my blue and white striped Newport shirt

football_shirt_12132_1_376x450x0.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I imagine York will have their minds on the playoff final so Newport have got a good chance of an upset here.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I imagine York will have their minds on the playoff final so Newport have got a good chance of an upset here.

Fingers crossed, though not that much of an upset, its' not as though they are in different leagues, they are only 16 places apart.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
abit torn here,i like both clubs,but i think i'd just go for newport this time,hopefully york will get promoted

Fingers crossed, though not that much of an upset, its' not as though they are in different leagues, they are only 16 places apart.
And they played each other twice last month.

3 April ... Newport County 2 York City 1
14 April ... York City 1 Newport County 1

There's no reason to be anything other than quietly confident of a County victory. I shall be wearing the very first shirt ever sold by The Large One in his shop.

On the subject of sisters in law ... my sister in law's brother will also be in attendance.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I won't be going to this one, as I'm a Brighton fan. :thumbsup:

(Wembley is the one place I only want to go to as a Brighton fan. I've turned it down 3 times already with other clubs, Wembley is special to me)

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Not a great game. I guess Newport deserved to lose - for the chances they missed and the errors that gifted York their goals.

A good day out was had by all, though.

Thought Newport played too much long ball to Minshull... were better when they played it though midfield .... also first York goal looked offside ... enjoyed the day and my York City supporting ex boss went home happy

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Was a tad disappointing, but a good day out, went to Borough Market for a spot of pre match lunch and beers in the Only Pub, blood lovely it was. Newport fans were a good bunch, bearing in mind 90% of them there rarely if ever go to watch the Exiles in normal games, they had a go at getting behind the team, even had me joining in. Give them another 3 or 4 years and I reckon they'll make it into the league, got a nice set up and a careful chairman, who is also a fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here