Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA drop charges against Charlie

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Not surprised at all that dropped the charges.

I was sitting right behind them in the main stand and saw everything clearly.

Charlie and a Wednesday assistant were exchanging words when Jones butted in, Charlie said something to him and Jones grabbed him by the throat!

Didn't see Charlie make one aggressive action apart from trying to get Jones's hands off his throat.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will all our 'fans' that jumped on Charlies back saying what a nasty piece of work he is apologise ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The FA | News Room - Jones handed ban

Sheffield Wednesday manager has been sanctioned for misconduct

Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing on Friday, Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones has been given a one-match touchline ban and fined £2,000.

However, the ban is suspended until the end of the 2013/14 season and will only be invoked should a proven breach of FA Rule E3 occur before the end of that period.

The misconduct charge, which Jones admitted, followed Sheffield Wednesday’s match at home to Brighton & Hove Albion on 2 February 2013.

Meanwhile, an Independent Regulatory Committee approved The FA’s proposal to withdraw the charge for Brighton’s first team coach Charlie Oatway in relation to the same incident.

Therefore, no further action will be taken against Oatway.​

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will all our 'fans' that jumped on Charlies back saying what a nasty piece of work he is apologise ?
Did they, I missed that, goons.

Sure Charlie is a nasty piece of work, but there's no need to say it :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did they, I missed that, goons.

The only one I noticed was actually satire - it simply took all the comments levelled at Barnes, and swapped in Charlie's name, since they both got sent off and some of the comments aimed at barnes were extreme, as always. (ignoring that it's actually a pretty poor comparison for obvious reasons)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jones=Fact Hunt.

That is what I lip read Charlie saying as Jones was going down the tunnel , contradicting what some Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: fans were saying he said in reference to the "N" word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here