Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Tie.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I remember going to the Posh ( in 85/86 i think it was ) in the snow, stood in the terrace, not being the tallest, all i could see was the crossbar down the other end........... Perry Digweed beaten by a deflection of a snowman, beat em after a replay i think, anyone remember ?

That deflection was off Digweed's own construction of a 'tee' to take his goalkicks off.
That terrace last night reminded me of how taking kids to football has changed. My lads were 6 & 8 at that cuptie, and the only place to see was down by the front, standing on the wall holding on to the fence cage. At halftime they wanted a wee, so I told them to do it against the wall. They would not and wanted the toilet (peril of being brought up right?), and so I fought our way all the way down that narrow tunnel.
At the back the toilets were rammed and the whole of the back wall/fence was lined with blokes having a pee - all under the suervision, but not so watchful eye, of two lady PC's! After that,we had to fight our way back and then negotiate/shove back their original position on the fence.
Happy days !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here