Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup third round replays

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Nice to have a round of FA Cup games where all you have to do is put your feet up. 5 today and 3 tomorrow...

Todays first game 19.30, all the rest 19.45

• Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Brentford
  • Birmingham City vs. Hull City
  • Bolton Wanderers vs. Luton Town
  • Bristol City vs. West Ham United
  • Eastleigh vs.Newport County

Be nice to see Eastleigh progress, not fussed by any of the others, although obviously hope Brentford kick lumps out of / knacker Wolves

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will we see a CUPSET?

TONIGHT​

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Brentford
Birmingham City v Hull City
Bolton Wanderers v Luton Town
Bristol City v West Ham United - BBC1
Eastleigh v Newport County

TOMORROW​

Blackpool v Nottingham Forest - ITV4
Bristol Rovers v Norwich City
Everton v Crystal Palace

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great excitement locally about the Eastleigh v Newport game, with the dangling carrot of a home tie with Manchester United in R4.

The club have been BESIEGED with enquiries about tickets for 'the United game' - which more than likely won't actually happen!

[Not] Surprised that West Ham have been picked for TV again!

What with pretty much all of their Sunday games following Europa League being televised they must be the most frequent TV pick outside the Big 6 this season?

Is there a site that tracks the stats for UK TV games?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[Not] Surprised that West Ham have been picked for TV again!

What with pretty much all of their Sunday games following Europa League being televised they must be the most frequent TV pick outside the Big 6 this season?

Is there a site that tracks the stats for UK TV games?
They play such open, attractive football too and surely Paqueta and Khudus will......

....oh, never mind.

I'd much rather the Eastleigh game had been shown, but at least it means people will have to go to the game to see it now, which might be worth more to a grass roots club.

el punal

Great excitement locally about the Eastleigh v Newport game, with the dangling carrot of a home tie with Manchester United in R4.

The club have been BESIEGED with enquiries about tickets for 'the United game' - which more than likely won't actually happen!
I’ve done my bit for Eastleigh - I saw them play Alfreton Town a few seasons ago and had a plate of burning hot uncooked chips which then went flying through the air after I tripped up. Should the Spitfires win haven’t they got a problem with holding the match at their ground because of too low a capacity?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

Would they play the game in Eastleigh or Southampton? Are the home team even allowed in the FA Cup to switch to a nearby larger venue?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Eastleigh v Newport County not being covered live by the BBC or ITV is a joke. A far more interesting watch than Bristol at home to West Ham, the sole official TV offering tonight.
Yep. TV revenue would have been useful for them too. Drop in the ocean for WHU.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd much rather the Eastleigh game had been shown, but at least it means people will have to go to the game to see it now, which might be worth more to a grass roots club.

They’d much rather have had the TV money. They would have had no trouble selling out regardless - as purchase history is the last ‘tier’ of priority for anyone wanting tickets for the potential United game.

I’ve done my bit for Eastleigh - I saw them play Alfreton Town a few seasons ago and had a plate of burning hot uncooked chips which then went flying through the air after I tripped up. Should the Spitfires win haven’t they got a problem with holding the match at their ground because of too low a capacity?

Would they play the game in Eastleigh or Southampton? Are the home team even allowed in the FA Cup to switch to a nearby larger venue?
They expect to be able to play it at the Silverlake

el punal

Being played at Silverlake for sure.
Going to be a nightmare parking down there for all those Utd fans from Surrey if Eastleigh do get through
I can do “Park-On-My-Drive” for three cars for £25 a pop here in downtown Bitterne. Then a bit of schlep of five miles to the stadium. Absolute bargain. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here