[Albion] FA Cup SF: Purchase History window. Yes or No?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club have opened a purchase history window?

• Yes

Votes: 84 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 39 31.7%

• Total voters

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think it would have been fair to have gone through all the STH and member windows first, then open up to either purchase history (perhaps with a certain number of points) and guests at the same time.

More than anything, I'm surprised that the club has been happy to have a number of unnamed, untraceable guests with tickets. I'd expected the guests to need a fan number at least, and be named on the ticket.
With two types of photo ID - wow, we could make this really foolproof.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If we beat Utd I really hope the club have a rethink how they sold the semi and include people with purchase history as the last to buy if available,leaving those folk out of it altogether is a slap in the chops and I must admit has left a nasty taste in my mouth when I should be buzzing for Sunday.

I won't hold my breath but you never know,I doubt I'd get a ticket for the final if it went to purchase history but at least those with purchase history would at least feel included and have a hope of getting a face value ticket.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If we beat Utd I really hope the club have a rethink how they sold the semi and include people with purchase history as the last to buy if available,leaving those folk out of it altogether is a slap in the chops and I must admit has left a nasty taste in my mouth when I should be buzzing for Sunday.

I won't hold my breath but you never know,I doubt I'd get a ticket for the final if it went to purchase history but at least those with purchase history would at least feel included and have a hope of getting a face value ticket.
if we got to the final, with lower allocation, tickets wont go beyond STH and MyAlbion.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I like to think that I would be doing my bit by purchasing the ticket itself. I have exaggerated how often I go in my previous post, I have been to 1 game this season (Man U away) and happily waited patiently for it to go to purchase history. If I paid for My Albion + it would have nearly doubled the cost of that 1 ticket. Previous to that game I hadn't been since Bristol City away a couple of times in the championship. So for the frequency I get to games it doesn't represent value, I don't really want to pay membership in advance in the hope that the FA cup draws an away tie in the south west, or we get to a semi-final or final.

I think I'll just stick to being an armchair fan, which is shame as I love the rare occasion I get to a game. I'm going to Plymouth Argyle this weekend so may become more interested in them over time if their games are more accessible.

If you've only been to 1 (away) game in the last 5ish years, why do you think you deserve a ticket to the final (if we were to get there!)? We're taking 6 guests and they've all been to more games than you in the past year alone.

Sorry to sound rude, but I can't think of a FAIR system that would suit you...

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If a guest has absolutely no purchase history themselves it is criminal they've got tickets ahead of someone who might have gone to three away games this season.
Agree, some people just go a few less popular games every season. Its not often I am critical of the club these days, but they've got this one wrong

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
If you've only been to 1 (away) game in the last 5ish years, why do you think you deserve a ticket to the final (if we were to get there!)? We're taking 6 guests and they've all been to more games than you in the past year alone.

My 3 1/2 year old daughter has been to more Albion games in the last (her first) 3 1/2 years than OP - so absolutely agree. She isn't coming (nor would I actually want her to), but it's hard to see this as unfair when a toddler has been to more games - distance or not really, surely?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I just do not know why
If a guest has absolutely no purchase history themselves it is criminal they've got tickets ahead of someone who might have gone to three away games this season.
Why are we assuming that guests have no purchase history. A lot of assumptions going on in this discussion. A lot of ifs buts and maybes.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Fair comments

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I know of quite a few United ‘fans’ who have been bought guest tickets by STH, unfortunately. Boyfriend of the STH’s daughter etc.
I know a bloke and his brother who live in Brighton and are Manchester United fans and MA+ members (so they can get a ticket for the home fixture). They've both got tickets in the Brighton end (dunno where).

I just do not know why

Why are we assuming that guests have no purchase history. A lot of assumptions going on in this discussion. A lot of ifs buts and maybes.
My son and I are going as guests of his pal who is a STH. We were both STH for several seasons but covid and finances meant we had to give them up. We have both been to 100+ games since the Amex opened but had to go cap-in-hand to get tickets.

My brother-in-law lives in Devon and has been to about a dozen games at the Amex (he's been to more than the above mentioned ManU "fans") but has no chance of a ticket.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I know a bloke and his brother who live in Brighton and are Manchester United fans and MA+ members (so they can get a ticket for the home fixture). They've both got tickets in the Brighton end (dunno where).

My son and I are going as guests of his pal who is a STH. We were both STH for several seasons but covid and finances meant we had to give them up. We have both been to 100+ games since the Amex opened but had to go cap-in-hand to get tickets.

My brother-in-law lives in Devon and has been to about a dozen games at the Amex (he's been to more than the above mentioned ManU "fans") but has no chance of a ticket.
So purchase history would do nothing to stop these Utd fans then.
Both yourself and your son sound worthy recipients of the guest tickets, I'm glad you got a ticket.

levs

Jul 10, 2017

I don’t think I deserve a ticket more than any other fan, I accept my status as low priority. What I find hard to accept is no possibility. I am quite happy to wait until season ticket holder and members have bought theirs and see if there’s any left. I’m not happy that this game never had any chance of going to purchase history, seems they would rather seats were empty than people like me got a ticket

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
I don’t think I deserve a ticket more than any other fan, I accept my status as low priority. What I find hard to accept is no possibility. I am quite happy to wait until season ticket holder and members have bought theirs and see if there’s any left. I’m not happy that this game never had any chance of going to purchase history, seems they would rather seats were empty than people like me got a ticket
Have to say I do totally agree.

Because of my own severe illnesses I had to cancel my season ticket a few years back.

I now go to matches only on the occasions that my health allows, and so I fully accept that I'm always going to be last on any list.

Of course it's only right that STH and members buy theirs first, but I know people going as 'guests' who have no association with the club.

After a relationship with the club that goes back to 1977, to have absolutely no possible opportunity of using a purchase history for the SF is a little hard to accept. Never mind. 😔

That all said, I hope that everyone enjoys the day out, and the team do us proud as always.

Who knows, maybe the club will tweak their process for the Final 😉👍 UTA!!

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep, names on away tickets and rigid traceability and non sharing of tickets when it suits. But 1901 club members and, now this game, shows that other rules also apply.

Money talks.
The 1991 member remain responsible for their guests behaviour and 3000 away tickets is somewhat different to 35000…

Presumably the same rule in terms accountability will apply to guest tickets Sunday.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
My 3 1/2 year old daughter has been to more Albion games in the last (her first) 3 1/2 years than OP - so absolutely agree. She isn't coming (nor would I actually want her to), but it's hard to see this as unfair when a toddler has been to more games - distance or not really, surely?
Well a fair way would be the way they do every other game in the season, where it comes it purchase history at the end.

I envy you and your toddler that you are able to go to more games. I’d love to take my toddler to a game. But the reality is it costs a lot more for me to get to game, significant travel is required and sometimes accommodation. So paying for membership on top of what it already costs is something to consider.

I’m sorry that my attendance is not up to the standards you feel deserve a ticket, but there are many reasons why this is the case. Having young children being one of them.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Perhaps a better way of doing it would be:
1. STH
2. MA+
3. STH guest with purchase history (maybe 3 or 4 windows for decreasing points
4. MA+ guest with purchase history
5. STH/MA+ guest free for all

That way a non-member with a purchase history has got more chance of getting a ticket than a STH's mate who's never been to the Amex but fancies a day out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Perhaps a better way of doing it would be:
1. STH
2. MA+
3. STH guest with purchase history (maybe 3 or 4 windows for decreasing points
4. MA+ guest with purchase history
5. STH/MA+ guest free for all

That way a non-member with a purchase history has got more chance of getting a ticket than a STH's mate who's never been to the Amex but fancies a day out.
That doesn't help the main group that I'm aware of, which is "purchase history but no known STH", often people living away from Sussex. They still won't have a STH to buy them a guest ticket.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I just do not know why

I'm not assuming anything about your guests...I'm saying 'if'.
Point being, if all your guests have purchase history they could've purchased their tickets with anyone else with a purchase history IF this had been done fairly. Absolutely no need for there to be any guests because there WILL be guests who've never been to a game. That's guaranteed. Even if it's a few hundred, it isn't on.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
That doesn't help the main group that I'm aware of, which is "purchase history but no known STH", often people living away from Sussex. They still won't have a STH to buy them a guest ticket.
That's true.
It's the whole guest thing that's gone a bit wrong, prioritising people who may have never been to an albion game before over people who have been to dozens/hundreds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports