Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Woken up really excited for this this morning after getting the result yesterday, going to be a long week

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
London Bridge to Baker Street (The Globe) then to the Green Man in Wembley is probably your best bet in terms of atmosphere
We are leaving Brighton at about 8.30, gonna head to Farringdon area for beer and breakfast. Then maybe a hop on the metropolitan line to Baker Street for a bit then Wembley. But will see how it pans out, will just start at Farringdon and see!

calvstar

May 7, 2013
Haywards Heath
We are leaving Brighton at about 8.30, gonna head to Farringdon area for beer and breakfast. Then maybe a hop on the metropolitan line to Baker Street for a bit then Wembley. But will see how it pans out, will just start at Farringdon and see!
You'll have to change to get to Farringdon unfortunately as the trains stop at London Bridge but agreed getting there and then the tube from there is much easier but wanted to flag it in case you didn't know (London Marathon I think has scuppered trains there)

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
You'll have to change to get to Farringdon unfortunately as the trains stop at London Bridge but agreed getting there and then the tube from there is much easier but wanted to flag it in case you didn't know (London Marathon I think has scuppered trains there)
Yeah, had a look at that in the week. Off the top of my head I think we are going to get the Northern line up to Liverpool Street and then Metropolitan to Farringdon. Something like that! Just want to get positioned on the Metropolitan line somewhere to start the day (will probably be a Spoons breakfast and a beer😁)

calvstar

May 7, 2013
Haywards Heath
Yeah, had a look at that in the week. Off the top of my head I think we are going to get the Northern line up to Liverpool Street and then Metropolitan to Farringdon. Something like that! Just want to get positioned on the Metropolitan line somewhere to start the day (will probably be a Spoons breakfast and a beer😁)
I work that way and I've found it easier getting the Northern to Angel and then a 10min walk to Farringdon (or even Old Street) but it doesn't really matter and as you say there is a spoons at Farringdon or just outside Angel station

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I work that way and I've found it easier getting the Northern to Angel and then a 10min walk to Farringdon (or even Old Street) but it doesn't really matter and as you say there is a spoons at Farringdon or just outside Angel station
Cheers, we will do the Northern to Angel then and walk to Farringdon.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Favourites like we were against spurs and Chelsea.

Attachments

• A17F17A4-F7B3-4C63-BFDF-2B7DE1FA1FF0.jpeg
    A17F17A4-F7B3-4C63-BFDF-2B7DE1FA1FF0.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 61

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Does anyone have any experience of being up at the London Marathon? Do they close tube stations / have any areas to avoid?

My plan is to train it early to London Bridge and then just get out of dodge straight away to somewhere along the Met Line

calvstar

May 7, 2013
Haywards Heath
Does anyone have any experience of being up at the London Marathon? Do they close tube stations / have any areas to avoid?

My plan is to train it early to London Bridge and then just get out of dodge straight away to somewhere along the Met Line

They only close stations for overcrowding, the majority of the runners will be round Canary Wharf way of you arrive in London around midday so it shouldn't really affect movement to Wembley but best avoid tube stations that are near the route itself is the best plan

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’d

I’d suggest heading up to Baker St or Marylebone straight away and avoid anywhere near the Thames.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I’d

I’d suggest heading up to Baker St or Marylebone straight away and avoid anywhere near the Thames.
Yes thanks. That was my rough plan. Hopefully getting the train out of Brighton at 9am so judging by Network Rail's recent performance that should get me into London Bridge at any time between 10.15 and the following Tuesday.

kennyb

May 23, 2004
Got tickets for Boxpark planning on getting train from Brighton to London Bridge around 8.30-9.00.

London Bridge to Marylebone on tube then Chiltern Line from Marylebone to Wembley

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Canary Wharf and Tower Bridge areas v busy, anywhere around the finish (Embankment, Charing Cross etc) absolutely mobbed from mid-day and tube stations potentially closed or have queuing systems. Personally will get to London Bridge, stroll over to (probably) Moorgate (20 mins and not on the marathon route) and then get the metropolitan, or poss jump on the Jubilee at LB if not too manic (not planning on going too early).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here