Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
They are being offered a greater share of the available capacity, and we want some of it back, which means them getting less, and they think they’re entitled to more than us, and it is possibly unresolved.
This sounds plausible, it can't be the date or kick off time causing the problem.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't it each club get 50/50 share of tickets irrespective of size of support hence, the reason its played at Wembley?
Not always. In 2014, Wigan received 22,807 tickets, whilst Arsenal got 42,882.

However, from what I can see, when the game is between two PL clubs, allocations are equal, or very close to it. In 2019, both Man City and us were allocated "approximately 33,000 tickets".

Speaking to the club yesterday, there was no mention at all of any kind of ticket allocation issue.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Anyone know if there are any train strikes planned or engineering works that may impact trains on that weekend

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone know if there are any train strikes planned or engineering works that may impact trains on that weekend
Rail works between littlehampton & Brighton

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Saw a few threads on FB where some fans (lacking in salt) have taken the default Saturday 3pm holding date as gospel and booked hotels and parking!

Once told it’s a TBC their counter argument is to show a screenshot from sky sports showing, yep you’ve guessed it, the same default date, from the same source!
As a general rule for people on Facebook all the time that doesn’t surprise me 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They are being offered a greater share of the available capacity, and we want some of it back, which means them getting less, and they think they’re entitled to more than us, and it is possibly unresolved.
If that’s true it sounds mental - doesn’t matter who the clubs are it’s a 50/50 split no?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

However, from what I can see, when the game is between two PL clubs, allocations are equal, or very close to it. In 2019, both Man City and us were allocated "approximately 33,000 tickets".

Speaking to the club yesterday, there was no mention at all of any kind of ticket allocation issue.
And that would very much tally with United announcing the other day that they’d been allocated about 34,000 tickets.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And that would very much tally with United announcing the day that they’d been allocated about 34,000 tickets.
Ah yes they have haven’t they - which begs the question - why has someone said there’s a dispute?!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Wigan didn’t even sell out for the final. I heard this and phoned them up and persuaded them to sell me a pair of tickets so I went to the final when they beat Man City 1-0. Quite enjoyable as a neutral.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s an old chestnut rearing it’s head and tilting some lances at clubs with of a sense of entitlement mixed with goliathism probably - weve been here before with Man U not getting that ‘neutral ground’ also means not a predominantly home support cf to your opponents regardless of club size! Someone who cant get a ticket because number of STHs are far higher than club allocation tickets for Wembley will always complain
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/apr/17/fa-cup-final-tickets-manchester-united

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Really, my mate who's Dad's uncle works for FA has said Utd are moaning the fact about their fixture congestion and have applied to FA and Prem and have asked if game can become a winner takes all, 3pts and place in final so it reduces amount of fixtures. Seriously true!!!
Three points for a cup game? Where do they get their crazy ideas from, here?

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Three points for a cup game? Where do they get their crazy ideas from, here?
Apparently the finer details have been sorted by Mancunia and the game will be played at time that suits them, infront of 95% of their fans, with a ref of their choice. Var is only to work in their favour and basically we should just be happy to be their opponents.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here