Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
This is whats on the clubs App at the moment, its not very helpful if its not confirmed it should be as the Man City one is, showing as TBC. The fixture list is the obvious place to look for er.... fixtures!

I understand its not going to be the club holding confirmation up, but people need to book time off, arrange travel etc, and seeing this on the official club site makes it look like a confirmed day and time

Ive booked travel as its refundable up to end March, but this delay is not leaving much time to sort things

View attachment 158773
The end of March is midnight next Friday! You have another full week to go!
And if anyone doesn’t realise by now that the sat 3pm is provisional I despair 😩 The club will update it as soon as they know!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I could maybe see the relevance of the marathon if it was a 12 or 2pm KO but it’s likely to be 4.30pm. So most football fans will not be hitting London until midday, the elite marathon is over by then. The central London part of the route is unlikely to clash with most football fan travel routes. I just think they’re slow in organising it. They’ve known for months that these events clashed.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This is whats on the clubs App at the moment, its not very helpful if its not confirmed it should be as the Man City one is, showing as TBC. The fixture list is the obvious place to look for er.... fixtures!

I understand its not going to be the club holding confirmation up, but people need to book time off, arrange travel etc, and seeing this on the official club site makes it look like a confirmed day and time

Ive booked travel as its refundable up to end March, but this delay is not leaving much time to sort things

View attachment 158773
With Man United playing in Europe on the Thursday night, there is zero chance of our game being the Saturday semi-final. That, and the fact that United have already confirmed it for the Sunday in their ticketing details.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The end of March is midnight next Friday! You have another full week to go!
And if anyone doesn’t realise by now that the sat 3pm is provisional I despair 😩 The club will update it as soon as they know!
Why do you dispair though , as its provisional, and the club know it, why would it be so hard to put TBC on the fixture list, to avoid any confusion. Whilst you may work in an enviromewnt whereby you can rock up to work and get any given day off not everyone is in that position .

All i was asking was why show it as a particular date and time, when the club know that it is not going to happen on that date. The match immediatly below it has a TBC label on it indicating that if the club dont have details of a fixture they note accordingly. Not sure why my post warrants such disdain for simply asking why display it in that way

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

View attachment 158773
Any Brighton fan worth their salt will know that fixture date hasn't yet been confirmed. You shouldn't need it in black or white on the website. As soon as it is confirmed the club will be sending out emails left right and centre as well as twitter etc etc.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Why do you dispair though , as its provisional, and the club know it, why would it be so hard to put TBC on the fixture list, to avoid any confusion. Whilst you may work in an enviromewnt whereby you can rock up to work and get any given day off not everyone is in that position .

All i was asking was why show it as a particular date and time, when the club know that it is not going to happen on that date. The match immediatly below it has a TBC label on it indicating that if the club dont have details of a fixture they note accordingly. Not sure why my post warrants such disdain for simply asking why display it in that way
as per my screenshot from the club website this morning the cup semi shows very clearly as TBC this is not hard information to find

as per my screenshot from the club website this morning. the cup semi shows very clearly as TBC this is not difficult information to find

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Does anyone have any knowledge of general sale tickets please? I go to games (palace most recent in the North, but I'm no longer a STH or Member :(

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
as per my screenshot from the club website this morning the cup semi shows very clearly as TBC this is not hard information to find

as per my screenshot from the club website this morning. the cup semi shows very clearly as TBC this is not difficult information to find
why has a simple post triggered so many, so its showing as TBC on one official club site , and with a date and time on another. All i asked was why?

I havent once said I thought it would take place on the saturday, or that i didnt realise it would be on the Sunday. Just it would be helpful not to have contradictory information, it seems that concept is to much for some-now I dispair !

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
why has a simple post triggered so many, so its showing as TBC on one official club site , and with a date and time on another. All i asked was why?

I havent once said I thought it would take place on the saturday, or that i didnt realise it would be on the Sunday. Just it would be helpful not to have contradictory information, it seems that concept is to much for some-now I dispair !
I was just pointing out that the info I found instantly stated TBC was trying to help. didn't even know there was an app or that it suggested differently. right from the point we were drawn v United it was highly likely to be the Sunday game due to their Thursday European game. didn't mean it as an attack on you though you appear to have singled me out

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I could maybe see the relevance of the marathon if it was a 12 or 2pm KO but it’s likely to be 4.30pm. So most football fans will not be hitting London until midday, the elite marathon is over by then. The central London part of the route is unlikely to clash with most football fan travel routes. I just think they’re slow in organising it. They’ve known for months that these events clashed.
It does seem bizarre that it's taking so long - both the FA Cup Semi Final dates and the London Marathon date has been known about for pretty much a year. One of the SFs has to be on the Sunday (you couldn't have both on the same day!), so it's just a matter of deciding which one, and that decision was surely obvious as soon as Man Utd got the Europa League Qtr Final. I'm assuming the delay must be something to do with sorting the various club's ticketing systems (maybe something to do with the fact that all the tickets (I think) are mobile tickets, and perhaps it's an issue for one of the clubs involved - more likely to be Sheffield United, I guess).
The other potential issue is that there are various XR events over the weekend, and the Marathon may require extra policing to ensure XR don't try to disrupt it....hence taking longer to confirm all policing arrangements. Again - a wild guess!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Does it really matter? Some sites show tbc, some don’t - but we all know it’s not confirmed yet. You still have a week before your cancellation deadline (which we all know is irrelevant anyway as it’s on the SUNDAY)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It does seem bizarre that it's taking so long - both the FA Cup Semi Final dates and the London Marathon date has been known about for pretty much a year. One of the SFs has to be on the Sunday (you couldn't have both on the same day!), so it's just a matter of deciding which one, and that decision was surely obvious as soon as Man Utd got the Europa League Qtr Final. I'm assuming the delay must be something to do with sorting the various club's ticketing systems (maybe something to do with the fact that all the tickets (I think) are mobile tickets, and perhaps it's an issue for one of the clubs involved - more likely to be Sheffield United, I guess).
The other potential issue is that there are various XR events over the weekend, and the Marathon may require extra policing to ensure XR don't try to disrupt it....hence taking longer to confirm all policing arrangements. Again - a wild guess!
I don't think it's anything to do with club ticketing. I haven't asked the club, but I would guess that we already have the Wembley ticket map loaded to the ticketing systems ready to go, as seating details won't change regardless when the fixtures are scheduled.

From what I've been told, all four clubs are still waiting for the FA to finalise and confirm details.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think it's anything to do with club ticketing. I haven't asked the club, but I would guess that we already have the Wembley ticket map loaded to the ticketing systems ready to go, as seating details won't change regardless when the fixtures are scheduled.

From what I've been told, all four clubs are still waiting for the FA to finalise and confirm details.
Does seem to be dragging on a bit

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If it IS Marathon and southern based fans traipsing across the capital then play it at 1945 kick-off.

Job done.
NO

That would create carnage to my match day drinking schedule.
Plus, ive just realised its replacement buses.............1945 would be a recipe for disaster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here